BeautyHacker

Vline, rhino, DES, forehead lift at Girin Plastic Surgery with Misooda (Nov 2018

Hi all,

Wanted to thank the community for sharing their experiences with me and here’s my way of giving back.

I wanted to write up a review of my plastic surgery experience in Korea. In this post I’ll explain why I got plastic surgery, the clinic I chose, why I went with Misooda, procedures I got, and a review of the clinic and staff.

If you’re more interested in learning about my recovery and viewing photos please view my diary:

https://misooda.com/review/girin-plastic-surgery/girin-facial-contouring-acculift-rhino-forehead-lift-des-epi-fat-graft

Stayed tuned as a I update this post!

Hey there, yes I did! Sorry for the delay I'll be updating this thread today.

WHY I GOT PLASTIC SURGERY

I’ve always been a little self-conscious about my eyelids. I naturally have double eyelids but they were always so small and as I got older they seemed to get more hooded/droopy and asymmetrical. I also didn’t like my Mongolian folds they made my eyes seem too far apart. On a less important note, it was very difficult putting on makeup with my natural eyelids. I would have to draw really fat lines of eyeliner in order to have it show up (I’m sure more than one of you know the struggle).

When it comes to my face, it’s always been SO wide and round. I used to get made fun of for it when I was little and I’ve never felt totally comfortable with it. Ever since I was a teen I dreamed of getting facial contouring.

WHY I CHOOSE GIRIN PLASTIC SURGERY

I liked that Girin was a smaller clinic with two specialized doctors AND a full-time anesthesiologist. They also have emergency equipment!!! After hearing horror stories of people dying because the clinic wasn’t well equipped I made sure to do my homework.

Secondly, I liked the results they are able to produce. They’re able to do both natural and dramatic and since I wanted something in-between so they were a good match for me. It was also important that they had consistently good reviews. I’ve read every single one on Soyoung, Purseforum, blogs, etc. They do have one bad review on Realself from 2015 but that’s the only one I’ve been able to find. Realistically a clinic without even one bad review would be a little suspect to me.

WHY I WENT WITH MISOODA

I started doing online consultations in Jan 2017. Originally I was attracted to Docfinder Korea after watching their sponsored Youtube videos. It seemed too good to be true, and as I researched more that seemed to the be the case. What ultimately turned me off was that they wouldn’t tell you which clinics they picked for you unless you gave them your passport information.

After that experience, I started reaching out to clinics directly. From my research, it seemed that if I went by myself I should be able to negotiate 10-30% off the quote the clinics gave. The prices still seemed a little too high for my budget so I knew I wouldn’t be able to get everything I wanted in one go. I was a little nervous about this still so on a whim I used Misooda.

At first, I was REALLY skeptical of Misooda. I plugged in the procedures I was interested in, my ideal budget, and the clinics I was interested in. They got back to me quickly and were able to negotiate a couple deals that fit my budget. In order to secure this deal, I promised to write an honest review of my experience, share my diary on their website, and submit a down payment to secure the deal. Although I promised not to share the price I paid, I can tell you they’ll be able to help you negotiate at least 25% off and get you extra freebies. You can use their services even if you don’t want to write a review.

Once I met with my consultant from Misooda in Korea I felt totally confident in my choice. I had been speaking to her on Kakako for a year so it felt like meeting an old friend! She also helped me out when I was feeling exhausted from my surgeries. She helped me order delivery and did some light translation for me. She also helped to call cabs when I needed to get to the clinic but didn’t want to walk. She also checked in with me to make sure I was recovering well.

They’re a small ethical company and they really care about their clients.

WHICH PROCEDURES DID I GET?

Originally these were the procedures I was going to get based off the online consultation:

Incisional DES, ptosis correction, medial epi, lateral cantho, rhino with silicon, lateral osteo, vline, maybe zygoma

Here’s what I ended up getting:

Non-incisional DES, ptosis correction, medial epi, forehead lift with endotine, rhino with silicon, lateral osteo, vline, zygoma reduction, acculift on jowls and double chin

I didn’t get lateral cantho because my eyes curve downward so I was not a good candidate for this procedure.

Forehead lift was added because the weight of my forehead was literally pushing down on my eyes. My eyelids were asymmetric and really hooded. My eyebrows were also asymmetric.

I also paid a little extra to have acculift because my face has a lot of soft tissue and Dr. Lee recommended that I do this (I also already knew before coming to Korea I’d probably need it).

Thanks for the update.
Interesting. Did you have to submit passport ID to misooda to get their service? How do they got paid, do they get their commission from your surgery price? Did she accompany you to your every consults?
I'm very wary when i have to show my ID regarding ps stuff :/

No I didn’t have to submit my passport which made me feel more comfortable using them. When you submit your passport you’re more or less officially locked into that agency’s service so even if you go alone you’re still considered their client and they get a commission.

I assume they get a commission. Even when you consult/get surgery by yourself the consultant at the clinic will get a commission if you use misooda
I assume they get the commission instead.

They may or may not accompany you depending on the clinic. For example at girin she accompanied me my second consultation for vline and rhino cause the translator wasn’t available. But otherwise didn’t need to come. She did accompany my friend who went to view every single time because view requested her presence.

Their main aim is to negotiate prices for you and to make sure your suregeey is successful.

Here’s a collage I’ve been working on as well in case anyone wants a quick view of my healing process. I did my eyes and forehead 5 days prior to vline and rhino.

I got really really swollen and just wanted to show what the reality of the healing process looks like (lol lots of drool):

C2EB2BBF-06B8-4268-A005-F789655AEDEF.jpegF433366D-6897-4F5E-A965-A91E3C30F6C4.jpeg

Originally I was supposed to do incisional but when I consulted in person they said I was a candidate for nonincisional so we did that instead.

Wow it's barely 3 weeks and i can see your vline already!
I think your features were already nice from before judging from the photos, even the nose looked higher without a big change! Well done!