BeautyHacker

Consultation experience review (Cinderella, Namu, Opera)

Hi guys,
some of the reviews I’ve read on the thread really helped me so I wanted to also share my review on the consultations I went so far. I’m Canadian and been wanting a face contouring surgery pretty much my whole life. I have a pretty sharp chin and protruded cheekbones (which I like) but I just don’t like the width of my face and would like to get it slimmer. There’s a ton of clinics in Gangnam but I decided that I’d stick to the forum recommendations as I need a clinic that speaks English and more experienced with foreigners.
I went consultations for Face contouring and Rhinoplasty at the following clinics.

Cinderella
- So I didn't even go for a consultation with them because when I messaged them on whatsapp, their response was super slow and I felt that they didn't really care to book a consultation with me. Also, when I specifically told them that I wanted a F2F consultation they offered me to do on-line consulting. I thought that was really weird. Anyways I crossed them out my list but it doesn't mean that there is something wrong with this clinic.

Namu
- Namu was the first place I went for consultation. I read a lot of review about them on this forum which made me choose to go there. Upon arrival, the front desk girls were very friendly and greeted me right away. I had to wait a little but not too long (around 15-20 minutes), They required me to pay \10000 for a X-ray scan (but they would deduct it from the surgery fee in the future) I consulted with Clair and Dr. Kirk. This was my first consultation ever so I wasn't quite sure on what questions to ask. Clair pointed out my deviated nose(which I didn't know I had my whole life lol ) but she didn't recommend a nose job because she told me it wasn't that noticeable (which I liked) also told me that if i were to get a silicon implant then it would make the deviation more obvious. However, the Dr. recommended me to get a nose job saying it would be fine. The Dr. was quite patient and asked if I had any other questions. Overall, I felt that the consultation wasn't pushy nor giving suggestions but just neutral. At the end, they quoted me:
- 5 million for jaw reduction
- 2.5 for silicon implant on the bridge of my nose
- Both surgeries together = 6 million

I also asked for double eyelid surgery (since I was there already) but she didn't really explain it in detail and just quoted me 2 million for it. Overall, I felt that she was friendly and nice but I just didn't really feel a connection with her.

Opera Clinic
- When I first walked in I was a little thrown off because nobody greeted me for the first 10 seconds as all the front desk girls weren't paying attention (even though there was no customers at front). The girl who eventually greeted me was my consultant J. I had to wait a little more than 30 minutes but they offered coffee or tea which was a nice gesture. During consultation, J was much more engaging and easy to approach than the consultant at Namu. I felt that she was more personal. I met two Dr’s this time, Dr. Shin and Dr. Kwak. They were both friendly, informative and didn't rush. For FC, I was originally just thinking of just getting a jaw reduction but the Dr recommended me to also get a cheekbone reduction by telling me the reason along with a explanation of the anatomy of a face and the procedure in detail, which I thought was great. He also explained why my skin wouldn't sag from FC, because it was my biggest concern. For nose, the consultation was similar to Namu’s. For pricing, they quoted me
- 4 million for Jaw reduction
- 6 million for Jaw + cheekbone reduction.
- 1.5 million for silicon implant on my bridge
- 2.5 million for silicon + deviation correction + tip correction.
I was quite pleasantly surprised with the price they quoted me as they were lower than Namu’s. A couple days later J actually reached out to me with more information on the Dr’s which I thought was a great gesture. Overall I liked Opera, but I decided to go for more consultations as I don't want to rush with this decision. I’ll update you guys on the next consultations I get!

LATER!

Thanks for the interest! I wasn't sure how many people would actually be interested in reading this haha I definitely will keep you posted! :smile:

Hi guys I’m here with an update on my consultation journey!! Sorry it took a while I’ve been procrastinating with writing a review but here I am now!

View

*So due to personal reasons I’ve decided to hold off on face contouring, and just stick to rhinoplasty and possibly an eye surgery.
- View was another clinic that caught my attention on the forums. However, the real attention grabber was their social media pages that had a lot of real before and after reviews. When I first walked into the clinic, I was quite amazed by their interior - it gave me a ‘high-end’ vibe. The front desk girls greeted me right away and not long after Yejin, my coordinator, was able to bring me upstairs for consultation. She looked quite young but was very friendly, professional and her English was fluent. It was very busy, mostly Koreans, but also saw some Chinese and Thai patients. There was definitely a different feel to the clinic compared to the other two as it was much bigger with more staff and patients. Later, I met my consultant, Stacey. She was very friendly and approachable with energetic personality. During my consultation with Dr. Lee, he explained how each rhinoplasty procedures worked (tip correction, the silicone placement and the length, difference between silicone vs gortex etc) which was very informative because there was a lot of new information I didn’t know from before. He recommended silicone over gortex implant, which I also preferred anyway. For eyes, he recommended full incision and gave me a thorough reason behind it. The before and after photos of his work he showed me was also very helpful. Even though he looked young, I could tell he knew what he was talking about. Overall, he really took his time to explain everything and I actually learned the most after consulting with View compared to the other two clinics. I thought that maybe the Dr. might rush because the clinic was so busy but it was the complete opposite.
This is what they quoted me at the end:
- Rhinoplasty (Use of subtle cartilage to make tip higher + Lateral Osteotomy + Deviation) = 4.5 million won
- If I wanted to also do a nasal bridge slim, it would be an extra 2 million won
- Eyes (full incision) = 2.5 million
He also told me that if by any chance, I’m not satisfied with my results he will give me a free revision within a certain time frame.

Overall, my impression with View was very positive. The only downside was the price because it was significantly higher than the other two clinics but I expected that already and kind of can see why after seeing them. After my visit to View, I was supposed to go for another consultation at a different clinic but I just felt like I already had my mind set so I decided to cancel my other appointment.

So, as you probably can guess, out of the three clinics I’ve decided to go with View for rhino and eyes. Even though it’s a little more expensive, I rather choose a clinic that I feel most comfortable with and somewhere I can rely on, and they really gave me that vibe. I only have one face and don’t want to risk having to get a revision by trying to save a little. They told me they can also give me a little discount if I do both surgeries at once so I guess the more procedures you get the more discount you can get as well.

Everyone’s experience is different some people will vibe more with one clinic than the other. I suggest you go with your instinct on the place you think you can really trust which I think will naturally come to you after a few consultations! So don’t rush with your decision. But also its like 1/3 luck and 1/3 the base of your face so surgery is always a risk D:

Hope this helped a little. So glad I’m done with consulting!!
I’ll post a review after my surgery.
LATER

Namu - More chinese than koreans that day
Opera - I didn't see any patients but the consultant told me they were all in the rooms consulting(which makes sense cause i had to wait a while)
View - I saw more local patients that day but also saw a few chinese and thai patients. it was the busiest out of the three

Thank you for update! What is the name of the doctor you've consulted with? Will you go with silicone for you rhino?