BeautyHacker

Raw Unedited Journal Notes on Day-to-Day PS Experience: DA for Nose Revision, Eye and FC

UPDATE:

1 month + 3 weeks post-op

• noticing my nose bridge shrunk .. its less swollen and looks less wide but it means it doesn’t look assss high as the last several weeks :sad: .. still high though which i like.. , looking a bit more curved up bc the nose tip looks more swollen now (i think the swelling is just moving downwards)
    • and this is what gets me super worried and paranoid bc i don’t want the nose tip swelling to stay / develop into hard scar tissue which would make it bulbous like my first rhinoplasty and my natural born nose was very thick and bulbous too … this makes it impossible for my nose tip to stay 100% sharp and refined like the past several weeks which I really loved and felt so happy with … was getting very worried/ansty/paranoid/sad …
    • but today am starting to accept that it will be okay and no matter what it will look at least 2x better than my natural born nose and/or my first rhinoplasty bc I was more knowledgable about the procedure/method of this second rhinoplasty and i feel a lot more confident in this method/procedure from this surgeon AND I’m taking much better care of this post op than the first rhinoplasty (taping, gently massaging instead of aggressively touching/picking it, being careful with it around kids and my partner, taking bromelain, not picking at blackheads, keeping my head sleeping elevated, not drinking alcohol or exercising yet, not crying or blowing my nose much/hard, avoiding too salty foods)
    • also bc of my extreme care, i considered getting Arnica Montana tablets in addition to Bromelain to help with soreness/swelling/potential inflammation (***PLEASE NOTE that this is a personal choice, do your research and don’t just take these homeopathic pills bc I am, GO WITH WHAT YOU FEEL IS BEST FOR YOU!!). Some say it works and some people don’t think it does and some people advise only take it the first couple weeks post op.
    • I have to remember that final nose result, especially for thick skin and revisions, especially the nose tips, will take at least 2 years or bit longer to completelyyyyy go away
  • ALSO, there was a small hard red bump developing on the inside of my right nostril.. it was getting itchy and it kind of hurt a bit… didn’t help that my nose was getting a little runny this week from the cold weather … couldn’t tell if it was just a pimple or scarring or infection
  • i was concerned so I inquired about it to Julie and sent a pic of it; she responded within a day and asked the doc for me and told me that its scar tissue but should go down within 6 months and if it doesn’t, I should message her :smile: this helped a lot and her answers provided was clear, thorough and comforting. I really appreciated this and appreciate her :smile:
  • face is gradually getting more refined .. not sure how I feel because sometimes I think the bit of puffiness around my chin or lower jaw area hides any imperfections/unevenness and makes me look a little younger haha :smile: still going well though!
  • sometimes my right jaw angle part hurts a bit though even though that jaw angle part wasn’t touched (only that side of the face, lower jaw area was shaved down a bit) but its nothing I feel concerned about right now
  • chin is gradually feeing less numb; brushing with electronic toothbrush on bottom front teeth still feel sensitive but not as sensitive/tender as before

Do you happen to remember who your consultant at NAMU was? I had gotten Linda through WhatsApp for English consulting. She was really prompt at replying but she didn't answer *all* my questions if I asked too many at once.. then again I'm really interested in the doctor and I heard Claire is pretty much the goddess of consultants? Hahaha. I hope to talk to her the next time as this time was just to get a feel for consultant conversations.

Also, did they ever get back to you on those thick skin rhinoplasty examples? I asked too but they told me they would only show in person :sad:. Do you have any knowledge you could share about thick nasal skin? I really tried looking into it myself and I didn't have much luck.. just that it takes a bit longer to see the results and it does require even more skill to work with (on top of the bulbous reduction and definition, and alar reduction :annoyed::oh:) thank you for anything and everything you've shared so far :smile::biggrin:

Hey Kioku! I appreciate your gratitude :smile: thank you! I want to try helping wherever I can because informative and honest purseforum reviews helped me a lot as well.

Yes, I got Linda through Whatsapp for English inquiries as well! I, however, never received prompt replies at the time and the replying was not consistent. I never heard back after the last message, where I had asked about thick skin rhinoplasties, unfortunately. After that, I did not continue trying to ask or message again.
I hope you have a better experience though and keep inquiring with other clinics so you can get a sense of who is a bit more consistent/reliable/accountable/thorough/informative/honest with you on all your needs/concerns/questions (even though its all online, you can still get somewhat of an inkling/gut feeling- that's important).

As for thick-skin rhinoplasties, everything that you said is true and is what I know as well and unfortunately, (and I say this with a huge heavy sigh and disappointment), there is no easy or sure-proof method of having a 100% perfectly small or refined and sculpted nose -- it could be a small or big improvement from what the before-nose was but it will never be 100% and that was something I had to finally accept and weigh out what/if the surgery was worth me going through or not. I wish there was a magical method or magical pill to make sure my nose will be refined and sculpted without it looking disastrously damaged or cut off but unfortunately the type of skin is something we're born with and we cannot change it. We can do things to care for it post-op but not 100% change it (such as, making sure to carefully cleanse and exfoliate and moisturize with what suits your skin type so it doesn't increase in oil production/dirt which makes the skin more oily and increase in blackheads which makes my skin feel even thicker (for me). Other things can include not picking blackheads with your fingers, eating a lot of salty foods, (not sure if too much sugar can affect it? I just know salt for sure makes skin swell more), inquiring about post-op nose massaging/taping/steroid shots/homeopathic pills like Arnica or Bromelain. Not everything helps the same way for some people with thick-skin as others so always ask or research or read or try things with a grain of salt and to be careful!

In addition, it may feel depressing as hell or anxiety-ridden waiting for the nose to slim out through the fluctuating swelling phases but it helps tremendously to look for positive and supporting posts on thick-skin rhinoplasties and surround yourself with positive vibes as you're healing through it. Patience is needed because it can take up to 2 years and sometimes over 2 years to fullyyyy slim out for us with a thick-skin nose.

*When looking for surgeons who has more experience working with ethnic noses or thick-skin noses or complex cases, always research research research! Ask questions and see what they say and how they respond; and if you can, view their before-and-after work of thick-skin noses!

Hope this helps!

I am super curious about your result and post op changes!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you Ke0din, I hope so too! And yes, keep checking on updates and I hope it helps you as well! :smile:

UPDATE:

2 months + 1 week post op

• recovery still going very well ~ however, I had days where I felt more down than I initially allowed myself to …because some days my nose tip looked more wide/puffy than I wanted it too, and my nose bridge went down - which is good because swelling is really going away but at the same time, I was really getting attached to my higher nose bridge height that was mostly from the swelling I believe even though it didn’t look swollen - to the average person, it’s probably not noticeable but of course to the self and to someone really really really paying attention to daily changes or weekly changes, it might be noticeable.
  • when I was down, I was just paranoid and worried about possible unfavourable outcomes and the way the tip was swelling reminded me of my first rhinoplasty which were not very nice memories…
    • BUTTT I had to consistently remind myself that 2 months post op to about 8 months post op, most of the swelling will be moving down from the upper area of the nose downwards to the tip and it will be like that regardless of who you are or who operated… it is the nature of rhinoplasty healing here..
    • Also, the nose is not nearly as puffy or wide as my post op at 2 months in my first rhinoplasty recovery so this is a good thing (I must stay positive to be sane)
    • AND my nose tip is still very defined compared to my first rhinoplasty post op
    • I notice my nose tip swells more in the mornings now compared to right after post op (esp as of late but maybe its bc of my diet?) It goes down a bit over the day though!
    • I am still taking extra care for it by keeping up with careful taping and taking bromelain & arnica (arnica is sometimes - I am not very consistent with it). Not sure if the homeopathic pills are working but will continue taking. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL on it because I really don’t know if this is good for you personally or not; it is only what feels okay for me personally.
    • extra care for my nose still currently includes choosing not to weight lift/exercise yet even though Im allowed to right now, not wearing glasses even though Im allowed to, not eating crazy salty foods, drinking more water, sleeping elevated when I can but not always, and careful self done face massages for lymphatic fluids to go down depending on how I feel.
  • the centre of my face feels a less stiff than before, am still careful with my skin around my nose bc tugging or massaging or putting makeup/cleansing off makeup off my skin too roughly may or may not affect my nose skin healing… sounds too extra right? but better to be safe than sorry on this rhinoplasty revision!
  • nose tip still feels hard but this is expected as well; I remember not fully feeling my nose tip until monthssss after the post-op date in my first rhinoplasty experience.
  • my eyes look very natural - bc the slight puffiness went away, my eyes look less big than when it was slightly puffy :sad: but thats okay, its no difference to the average person. It’s just me because obviously I pay way more attention to the slightest changes to my own face.
    • slight red bumps near each corner of my eyes are almost all gone but not entirely; still okay, its not noticeable to average person at all
  • my chin looks shorter (when face is at rest/expressionless) :sad: a bit sad… was it the slight leftover swelling that made it appear slightly longer and fuller? I am not sure but it sure seems like it.
    • I am still very careful with my chin and when I rest my chin on my hand when I’m sitting at my desk or when Im sleeping - but not as cautious with it as I am with my nose. I think the chin is more durable and okay by now.
    • When I smile, my chin still appears longer than before surgery which is good :smile: However, not too sure on this but sometimes I feel like my chin is a little less pointy and the tip of my chin is not as aligned to the middle compared to right after post op. We shall see though! No big deal on this, it was just a minor feeling and thought here, not noticeable to others at all.
    • bottom of my chin still feels a bit numb but not bothersome or concerning
  • when I open my mouth wide, my jaw doesn’t pop like it used to before surgery, even though I didn’t do anything to the position of my jaw or jaw angle/sockets … I have no idea why this is but am really happy about it :smile: - hopefully this doesn’t change … not sure if it could be because my mouth is not fullyyyy opened bc whatever unnoticeable leftover swelling is preventing it from fullyyyy opening and popping? I can’t tell.
  • my bottom of my face is definitely more defined but am actually missing some of the swelling bc like I mentioned before - it made me look a bit younger and hid any unevenness of my natural face contours/shape :sad:
    • I am still happy with my right jaw shaving though bc it matches a lot more like my left side of my jaw now, although its not perfect, I knew it going into the surgery bc of the method of surgery that I chose as my goal was to have as much improvement as I can, not perfection, have less down time in recovery and less cost.
  • I notice that when I stretch my neck from side to side, the side of my jaw where I had work done aches a bit… maybe I am being too aggressive with the stretches but hopefully its not alarming. Im not too worried though.