BeautyHacker

Asian double eyelid surgery turned out HOODED!!??

I’m from the US!
I had my stitches removed three days after, and I literally had no marks or scars or scabs. (I still don’t have any incision marks which I am very thankful for, but highly suspicious of.) im thinking perhaps the doctor did partial incision?
The only reason I’m hesitant to get a revision is because I stayed swelled up for a pretty long time. It’s just a huge hassle because I have to work, and can’t hide at home for two months. :sad:
Also, my results are really good. It’s jist that I have way too much skin so it’s very hooded.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many mm was your crease height meant to be? My hoodedness is so severe when I look straight; it's literally a monolid for the inner 3/4 of my eyes, and then a TINY tail of double eyelid at the very end :sad:

Yes please let me know if you plan to go back to Dr Seo!!! Are you currently in contact with them? Did they offer you free revision? I'm talking to them on kakao and they said they will remove the excess skin for free but they say I can also get epi for additional charge which I don't think I really need. I feel like going all the way to SK just to remove excess skin is a waste and even though its free, it doesn't cover the cost of flights + accom. So Im asking if they can change the entire shape of my eyelid and make it bigger hahaha shouldn't be too difficult Im hoping since I have so much excess skin..

That is so strange! I felt no pain during my entire surgery or after it!! I could definitely feel him stitching me up though; like the string pulling in and out of my eyes hahahha but no pain, just some discomfort and the reflex to flinch away a bit. Maybe they didn't administer the right amount of anaesthesia or numbing cream or something...

I did not have my eyes done by doctor seo, and I also haven’t contacted my doctor or clinic because I am still debating whether it’s worth it. Are revisions with the same doctor generally free? Is the time unlimited?
Either way, I’ll be in Korea so I may get a consultation and see. Best of luck!!

Ohh yes I feel like 3 days post op to get stitch removal is too early for full incision! Usually its 5-7 days! Have you tried contacting your clinic to ask them about it?! I'm actually sad I didn't stay swollen for longer because I liked how my eyelids looked when they were swollen and bigger ahhahahaha
But omg I am the same. I feel like my crease would look so much nicer if I didnt have so much excess skin!!!! But if Im going to get it done again I may as well redo the whole crease and make it bigger since removing skin is an incisional procedure anyway. My doc said I would be getting 7mm but it looks half the size of that with my crease being non existent :sad:

Thank you so much! When abouts will you be in Korea?
Im not too sure about other clinics.. I think it's definitely worth a try messaging and asking about it thought, especially if you arent 100% satisfied with your results! I know MVP offers 2 year warranty, but I think some people have been offered lifetime warranty before.

I don't remember for sure, but I think it was 3mm. I haven't actually contacted them about a revision yet since i'm not sure when my next trip to Korea will be. They never mentioned free revision but I hear everyone saying MVP offered it. If money was no issue, I'd be probably be leaving now and having it done with the Malaysian doctor. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks for the reply!! Wow 3mm?! Mine APPARENTLY is 7mm which I actually doubt. Would you be able to DM/kakao me a photo of your eyes? I only had the 2 procedures done; incisional DES + ptosis.

I've been passed along to several MVP consultants now (haha they are probably getting sick of me) and they explained that because of the ptosis corrections, the position of my eyebrows have dropped because I'm now using my eye muscles instead of forehead muscles to open my eyes, thus causing the excess skin which contributes to the saggy/hooded look. Kinda makes sense but also kinda annoying they didn't mention ANY of this to me pre-op. If they had, I definitely would've asked for a higher crease just in case, since the crease height Dr Seo showed me in my consult was already on the verge of being too small for my liking (I even pointed this out and asked to be absolutely certain that it would not be lower than the height he showed me --> ofc it ended up being much smaller...)
And when I said they should've at least mentioned that this is a possibility of happening (I think it has happened to quite a number of patients given the DMs I received, and the exact same thing also happened to a friend of mine), they had a huge go at me for being 'immature for blaming the doctor' and said that this is a rare occurrence. Quite rude imo considering I never once said anything bad about the doctor or the clinic... just frustrated that so much research, and wanting double eyelids for a decade, ended up in such disappointing results.

Either way they've been kind enough to offer both me and my friend free revision. Just unsure now because I do not want to be disappointed again.. but at the same time I hate my eyes so much lol.

Which doctor in Malaysia are you looking to go to? I considered going to China for revision but I feel like it is a bit dodgy considering it is a revision and not an initial surgery, but still not 100% decided yet!

What is your kakao ID?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Princessegg,
Im based in Australia too and am considering first time DES in March with Dr Seo. Are you able to pm me your before and afters? Because I have the same issue of excess skin that I want to remove but now reading your experience I'm not sure if they'll be able to achieve this...

Hi susan87 I'm wondering if you can PM me your before and afters? I'm considering first time DES in March and Dr Seo is at the top of my list but what you and princessegg have been saying is concerning. I also dont want to end up to hooded eyes..since thats the reason why I want DES in the first place

Hey there, if hooded eyes is your main concern, I would probably check out other clinics alongside MVP. The main complaint for Dr Seo is that he is too natural/conservative and people’s eyes have turned hooded after going there.
Do you have kakao? I can send you my photos there :smile:

Do you have any other recommendations? I've also got Tieum Dr Kwon on my list, but thats all right now. And Tieum havnt replied to me yet. I think I might also contact Dream but I'm not sure which doctor there is good for DES.
I'm hoping for a natural look but not hooded.. is that even possible? HAHA
Sure my kakao is sliceofsunshine. Thanks!!

Have you decided where you will be doing your revision surgery?