BeautyHacker

Where to get facelift in Korea?

Hi guys,
I just turned 40 this year and I started to notice the sagginess around my mouth, lower cheeks and eyebrows. People often comment on how tired look all the time. I have been looking up both surgical and non-surgical procedures. I had Botox injection once and the price and upkeep made me realize that I want something that is going to be long lasting. I’ve looked into a facelift procedure here in the states but feel like since I am Asian, I should go to Korea. I am also interested in rhinoplasty. I have seen some reviews of ladies my age who got facelift at the Grand Hospital and their results look really nice. But after doing more research, I’ve realized that Grand is no good. I feel like most hospitals promote heavily on their V line surgery, eyelid surgery or rhinoplasty on younger people so I can’t really find a lot of detailed info on older patients. If anyone could help me out here, I’d really appreciate it so much!
TIA

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm planning to have facelift in South Korea too.
For now, my list is
JK, VIEW, Dream, Labom, JW, VIP, and Semin.
I think they're nice at least on their websites. I'm going to visit Seoul for counseling but haven't decided when..

I had a Face/ necklift at MVP. Very happy with the results and aftercare. I’m 5 months post op.

Also following this thread for recommendations. Has anyone heard of or has experience with Mina Plastic Surgery operated by Dr. Jeongho Cha? I saw his interview on Youtube with CNN and was impressed with his English and CNN's endorsement. What I am sceptical about is his so called "impeccable credential" award with a bogus organisation called International Biographical Centre (IBC) in Cambridge, England. Other than that, I can't find any information about this doctor or his clinic (good or bad) on the internet. Any thoughts?

There were some forumners who mentioned Mina plastic surgery clinic and their quotations. But I couldn't recall if any forumner had their plastic surgery though.

You'd think that a Korean plastic surgeon who can speak good English would get a bit of press but I have not heard much. Thanks for the info, I tried searching this forum under his name and the clinic name but nothing came up.

Maybe you can try RealSelf and Soyoung for more results?
However, Soyoung is a chinese forum. It might be a bit hard if you don't know Chinese.

I too feel that I need to go to Korean being I’m Asian and the surgeons there could relate more to my needs. I follow many forums on here but seem like majority are very young and more on eyes and noses. Haven’t found much on face/neck. After just several clinics reviews. I am leaning towards vip. However, they wanted a larger deposit which I’m not comfortable with yet. Even though all communication has been thru emails. I have to say they’re very prompt to answer any of my questions and concerns. Im in my 50s and planning to have full smas face, neck and endoscopic forehead. Very nervous and not sure if I should wait til I have an in person consultation and decide.

What’s your thought or any experience on this clinic? Should I put down the deposit to secure my spot? Is March a busy season?

@aomalita Have you tried Fractional Laser or Ultherapy for the sagginess? Fractional Laser helps to plump up the face and Ultherapy helps to lift up the face. Both works for sagginess if your condition is mild. I have done both and they worked for me. Maybe you can try that out first before going for facelift?

DR. HA in Grand plastic surgery.( he did my mom's face lift 2 years ago)
He speaks perfectly which makes things so much easier and they said he is the doctor who has most experience with face lifting in Korea. Another thing that made me trust him even more was that he was a medical professor in Toronto, which means that he has plenty of experience with western patients as well.