BeautyHacker

Permanent brow loss and bad scarring at Namu

People have been asking my partner's scars and brow lift pictures through pm as they don't have access to Kakao groups, I will upload them here.

Below is what my partner's natural brows looked like before the surgery.
Before 1.JPG

This is the symmetry standard of Dr Kirk's work that Claire and himself considered successful and well corrected. Be prepared of permanently losing half of your natural brows if you consider this procedure with Dr Kirk.
Namu Plastic Surgery - Botched Brow Lift 1.jpg

A close up of Dr Kirk's stitch work for anyone who is considering incision procedure with Dr Kirk. Judge for yourself if these scars are obvious or not. Keep in mind that my partner brought up her concern of scarring issue multiple times during the consultation. And very interestingly, none of their past patients' after photos had these big long scars.
Namu Plastic Surgery - Botched Bad Scarring.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable! - he butchered her brows. May I ask why he suggested the sub brow lift? In the before pic her lids are not droopy, all she needed was fat graft to freshen up and give a more youthful look & an endoscopic brow lift for the forehead if that was a concern. Also why are the scars on top of her brows? She can try applying a thin layer of silicone gel on the scars to decrease the redness & thin silicone strips to flatten the scar. Most of these clinics photoshop their results. I went for a consult at a clinic which had fantastic face lift before & after pics online - no scars in sight & natural looking results. I was shocked when I saw some of their patients IRL. Visible scars everywhere & on some patients the skin was still sagging even after a full face lift. Like how is that even possible?

I have never even seen this approach before. For brow lift the brow should not be incised. It should be done endoscopically or with a forehead lift. (forehead lifts can leave scars along the hairline, however.

This approach is not standard procedure. I don't know if you could go to the Korean medical board to file a complaint but this method should not have even been suggested to you.

• 2 weeks later...
I am truly sorry what happened to your partner. I guess you live in a place without a lot of scams, fake friendly direct sales or doggy medical practices. I hope your partner has been mentally recovered from the bad experience, and no longer blame herself for trusting the wrong people. Your partner is not at fault; the dishonest consultant and incompetent doctor are.

Once I got robbed by a kid, who gained my trust chatting with me and then snatch and run with my iPad. The cop who responded stopped me the second I started with the "Can't believe I am an idiot" and said "No, the guy had a plan to rob you, he carried it out, you made a judgement call about him and you were wrong. It happens to everyone but you have to keep making judgements about people, most of who aren't trying to rob you". He really made me feel better about the crime.

And remember: this is their job, they do this, and think about how to do this, all day long. It's not your job to evaluate sketchy recommendations, it's something you'll be called upon to do just a few times in your life. So it's no surprise, and should cause you no self-blame, that you as an amateur was outfoxed by professionals. Anyone can fall for a scam. Accept that you had a bad experience and understanding how the scam is done. Firstly, you won’t be lied or tricked in this way again because you know what to look out for, and secondly you can be a valuable asset to society by helping other.

• 2 months later...
Thanks for sharing, Namu was actually in my list of surgeons to pick from,
I do hope your girl can get someone do a successful revision, It's so saddening to hear all these jobs gone wrong.
I too had a bad surgery done in BK thailand at Asia Cosmetics hospitals, I feel a majority of such clinics are just dishonest.
Its really not easy finding a good doctor i guess,
Could I get the kakao chat group details? I would like to join.

• 4 weeks later...
Im sorry to hear what happened to you. Actually i did a thread lift in namu in september 2018 but now my face looks more uneven and saggy. When i go back to them (which is today) and told claire what happened (even compared the B&A), the doctor and her didnt say anything. They’re confused as well and blame it on aging. But its been only 6 months ++ , and isn’t the point of thread lift to make you look better not age faster? Honestly i really like claire cos it seems she cares but the doctor skills in namu are not good :sad:(

I might be considered crazy, but I don't think it's "that" bad. Asymmetry is not that noticeable and your partner had some asymmetry prior to the surgery. I've seen people do sub-brow lift and they typically get a scar under the brow, but is usually well hidden in the brow hair. They do get thinner brows, because they remove some skin but, brow hair would actually grow on top of the scar if it was incised at 45 degree angle to preserve the follicle. I worry that your partner's hair follicles were removed and no hair will grow on top of it. It's probably best for her to get brow embroidery. Thanks for sharing and good luck!

I think the point is that they performed the procedures without patient’s consent and didn’t explain well about the what to expect or possible side effects before to say whether the result is not ‘that’ bad.

Indeed, that lack of explanation about brow hair loss is both irresponsible and terrible on their part. I believe her scars will heal to a better level with time, but it will have a sheen to it. Perhaps a revision would flatten the scars better, especially on the ends. I hope his partner can return to her positive self soon.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
I think it is very concerning that Dr Kirk performed a direct brow lift, which is usually reserved for older patients with lots of excess skin to hide the scar, on a young patient like your partner. I'm hope she's recovering well from the psychological damage of that surgery, I wish her the very best. Thank you so much for your post, Namu is off my list now.