BeautyHacker

MVP plastic surgery experience (JAN 2019)

Hello everyone,
I have been researching about plastic surgery and reading other people's experience nearly for 2 years. This site helped me a lot so I am going to write my experience down. The only thing I always had a complex about me were my eyes. I had an eyelid but it was too low and it started sagging too. So, I took a trip to Korea and decided on doing double eyelid surgery. I decided on MVP plastic surgery and paid 500,000KRW for surgery slot. As for me, I didn't have a lot of time in Korea so I didn't go to a different clinic.

Jan 2019 (Day 1)

I went to the MVP clinic and my appointment was around 10am but I went like 20 min early and I recommend that because the waiting process is long. Right, when I went there, I met with Victoria who was very helpful and stayed with me throughout all of the processes. She took me to the second floor and told me to fill out the form. After waiting for about 5-10 min, I was brought in to change my clothes to their gown and again the waiting. Because it was so cold, Victoria brought me to the VIP room to warm myself while waiting. Then I went to take the "before" pictures and again waited for the doctor Seo. After like 30 minutes or so, I went to Dr. Seo's office and there I met Ellen as well. She is another consultant as well and fluent in English too.

During the consultation, Dr. Seo told me that I have severe ptosis and need to be corrected immediately. Since I have a lot of fat on my eyelid, we decided on doing incisional eyelid surgery with ptosis correction. I wouldn't share my exact price but it was around 2k. Since I am doing my surgery on the same day, they brought me up to the 3rd floor to my room. After waiting like 30 minutes again, I was brought into the surgery room. The nurses took my blood pressure, blood test, and I was under general anesthesia. Dr. Seo came in and assured me that everything will be fine and he will do his best. It was m first time under anesthesia or like first time being on the surgery table. As a medical student, I have seen many procedures during school but never had been on the patient's shoes so this is my first time.
Going under anesthesia was a weird feeling. I didn't even know my surgery started. I was dreaming about my parents and all. Basically, I was in a different world until Dr. Seo woke me up by saying "open your eyes" "close your eyes". After that, I woke up but didn't felt any pain as I was still under anesthesia. I follow his directions and I was done. I didn't know how long it took me to do the procedure. The nurse took me to the recovery room when I told her I don't feel lightheadedness or dizziness.
Victoria came and gave me all the aftercare stuff, she put some ice pack on my eyes and explained all the medicine and what to do and what not to do after. I didn't feel a lot of pain right after but later when I went home, my pain was around 4 out of 10. I can tolerate my pain well.

I went home and ate the pumpkin soup and some croissant immediately with my pain medications. I put the eye drop and applied a thin layer of treatment(Terramycin) on my stitches.
To be honest, it was a very different experience for me. I was scared and nervous doing my surgery and I was all alone. I walked around a lot to get rid of swelling and also wear the ice pack for 30 minutes often. I was embarrassed to walk around with my glasses during winter so now I have to find a hat to cover my eyes.

Day 2
It wasn't hard and the pain is not there at all for me. But I swelled a lot on my one eye than the other as you can see in the pic. I am still following all the precautions and applying the treatment they gave me. Otherwise, it's all good.

I will update later. I might have a lot of mistakes because I didn't edit.
Picture right after surgery
20190126_145549.jpg 20190126_145547.jpg

Hi! Please update us as u recover!
Also do u know any other thread u can also send me on mvp? I wanna go there too

• 4 weeks later...
Hiiii I am looking to get my eyelid and lip done. I'm concern about scar on my eyelid since I have kinda issue with scar. Do they have non-incision epi?

@medicaltrashjunkie well done on your des + ptosis correction with Dr Seo. I had him do my revision des + ptosis correction in May 2016 (read my mvp journey in my thread how to go from 50+ to 20+ https://beautyhacker.com/forums/topic/964094-how-to-go-from-50-to-looking-20-with-plastic-surgery-rejuvenation/ ) and the crease is still holding well. No hooding. Good that you got ptosis correction as this addresses the muscle. Getting just des is trimming skin which may sag again over time in my opinion. You are brave to post a day 2 photo as my eyelids were swollen and bruised initially but by day 3 I looked more photogenic and shopped at lotte. Wearing sunglasses is the norm in Gangnam as so many go there for plastic surgery. No one bats an eyelid. Happy healing! Drink bromelain pineapple juice in a can in the seven eleven stores. Helps with bruising and take arnica pills and apply arnica cream too. xx

Sorry for the late update as I was quite busy juggling life.
So far I am quite happy about the result and loving my new eyes.
It's been a month now and here are the pics.
FYI, in this pictures, one of the eyes is up and the other one is down, it's because of the angle and I don't want to show my whole face because I don't want to so thank you for understanding.