BeautyHacker

Korean V-line (jaw reduction) surgery 2019

I just had my v line surgery done at the beginning of January and I couldn't be more pleased with it!

I found my doctor, Dr. Oh from Regen Hospital in Seoul on realself.com (a site dedicated to info on and reviews for plastic surgery) and I've also reviewed him on there (username intj5w4) and I went into a crazy amount of detail on there including all the travel info and whatnot, but I'll skip all of that on my review here.

They were brought to my attention by someone else's review which was exactly what I wanted and contacted them over that website. They got back to me crazy fast and I had the surgery scheduled, arranged and payed for all over the course of a week for about 3 months later. They told me everything I needed to know before going in well ahead of time.

When I arrived they did the pre-op in office, which was super convenient and consisted of scans, my blood being drawn and vitals. Being a native English speaker, they also provided a translator free of charge and Dr. Oh speaks perfect English as well.

After the pre op, I had my consult with Dr. Oh and went over exactly what I wanted, which he got a really good grasp of and was super easy with the help of all the before and afters as well as a picture of my bone scan for visual aids to clarify. He's been doing this for 11 years so he has a really good handle on what he's doing.

After that I got sent up to my room to wait for surgery. When my appointment rolled around my translator came to grab me and we went to the surgery floor where I went onto a table, being reassured and informed by everyone present and then I woke up a short while later in my recovery room where Dr. Oh told me the surgery had gone really well. I stayed the night there being checked up on regularly by nurses.

When the morning rolled around my translator took me to the pharmacy they had in the same building on the bottom floor and set me up with everything I could have possibly needed and I had them on whatsapp in case I should need anything at all.

They really, really have this whole process down pat and it could not have been easier. I went to my air bnb, where I stayed for 2 weeks total and after the first week, most of the swelling was gone and I could see how much better it was at that point... which was significant.

Over the course of the first week, I went in for a laser treatment to help with the swelling, had some of the larger stitches taken out and had some post-op scans taken. At the 2 week mark I had the rest of my stitches taken out and met up with Dr. Oh who ran over what had happened in my specific case with my before and after scans as visual aids and gave me a few post-op instructions while I continued to heal.

Possibly the best thing I ever did for myself and it was surprisingly easy. There wasn't any pain involved, the staff took care of me every step of the way, all I had to do was use an ice pack, take my pills and keep my mouth clean for those 2 weeks while I kicked back and binged on netflix.

On top of all that, grande total (minus travel expenses) was $6,789.50 USD, though I got a 2K discount for letting them use my photos and review for advertising purposes, which I would suggest you take if you decide to go see them since it's a crazy good deal. In my opinion, that's probably the best deal I ever struck considering everything that was included and what was actually done.

I've attached 2 before and after collage pics from my first week with 2 long-standing profile pictures as the before, a 1 month post op picture and a collage of the before and after bone scans so you can see exactly what was done.

I had a really hard time finding adequate information that I wanted for any kind of jaw reduction surgery, so I just wanted to spread the word for all of you and I hope someone out there finds this helpful :smile:.

it looks really great ! congrats :smile:
I wanna do something similar but my face is overall a bit too long, so the result may be not as great T T.
still planning where to go and what exactly I need to have a more round~ish face and less chin (and look less old/tired)
I would be interested to know what exactly has been done (which parts, and what every single thing is called)
but the price seems very good! I still am saving some money, selling my soul etc, but hope to have a nearly as great result as you !

@intxx5w4 wow you got a bargain price! Thank you for the tips on reviewing with photos. I am not shy! lol. I got a quote for 7 million won from Regen for zygoma reduction cash and book now or 8 million won if I came back and booked. If your review was a zygoma reduction, I'd be on a plane now. Beautiful jaw reduction. The scans show Dr Oh trimmed a lot to give you a v line mandible! Much more than the ones I saw on 2 ladies who went to gng and paid more. Definitely see a difference as your chin was masculine and square and now soft, rounded and feminine and the angle of mandible is also softer. I had chin reduction in the uk so can notice! I remember Dr Oh saying he would have done my chin reduction differently after seeing my x rays. I know I would look 30-50% better with 1 cm off each side of my posterior zygoma as he suggested and finally have a small korean face but I am scared for now.

Happy healing and thank you again for sharing a detailed review. I am still waiting to find a reviewer with a 15 cm wide face like mine undergo zygoma reduction at Regen to give me more courage.

@MissOrange , First of all, thank you, that's super sweet :smile:. And oh my goodness, I know, right? I looked around at American doctors and you could barely tell a difference with their before and after's.

But it's funny you mention the zygoma, I literally told them while booking that I wanted whatever one of his previous patients got (NataGoma on realself.com's review of him), though it turned out that she'd only posted for the price of a v-line and had also gotten a zygoma. She had the same kind of issues before as I had with her jaw and her after's struck me, but I wound up deciding I only needed the v-line since the price of 2 procedures was a little steep for me esp considering I also wanted to be able to fix my broken nose after.

*Anyways*, she got the price cut as well with the review, which is how I found out about it so it couldn't hurt to give them a call back if you're still looking into doing that. I remember it being a little more expensive than the v-line, but not exactly how much and if you were already quoted, they might honor that quote and with the 2K review reduction, it might cost less than my v-line? Couldn't hurt, though I can't promise it would turn out that way.

But as for being scared with the v-line if you're still considering a reduction (though I think you look great in your profile pic), it's literally just like having a fat lip on your jaw and they were all super on top of checking up on me. I rememebr thinking when he showed me were he was going to cut that it didn't look like much at all, but, you know, he's the doctor and it's crazy what a difference a small amount makes on your face.

Also, omg, airbnb there is crazy, crazy cheap. Has me thinking about maybe going back at some point in the future to just be a tourist since it was winter when I went and so not super enjoyable in that way.

In any case, I appreciate your response and hope you're doing well :smile:.

@callmeugly Literally all I got done in these before and after's is a v-line surgery (which is a kind of jaw reduction) and rounding out the face is pretty much exactly what it does, though in my case, my jaw was assymmetrical so it was causing some structural abnormalities and so the before and after might be a little more striking as a result, but if that's what you want, this is the procedure for you.

I got the procedure in South Korea, so there's travel expenses as well, but my flight was about 2K round trip from the east coast of the USA and my airbnb right near the hospital was I think $500 for a 2 week stay so ultimately, pretty good as far as travel costs go.

But if you'd like a seriously crazy amount of detail, I wrote like a 10,000 word essay of the whole entire process on realself.com under the username "intj5w4" which if you can't search it on there, you can search for Dr. Oh and then scroll through his reviews until you see mine, which is the first one listed under "Incredible. Long, comprehensive overview review". I go through every step of the whole entire thing.

The site goes over exactly what each procedure is, what it typically ranges in price, compare different before and after results (which is why I chose mine since his were hands down the best) and read a bunch of experiences.

Also, I found the following website really helpful when I was doing all of my research: https://www.seoultouchup.com/face-contouring-surgery/ . They have a package, which I wouldn't go for because they don't provide anything the hospital doesn't and they're more expensive than doing it yourself. They call it "face contouring", but that's just a typical name for the popular combo of v-line and zygoma surgery. It goes through all the technicalities of the surgery. Google search for "v-line" is also pretty helpful if you want further info on the surgery and there's a bunch of surgery videos up on youtube.

The gloss-over-gist of it is that they shave off a portion of your lower mandible (lower jaw) which makes for a smaller, rounder, cuter, more feminine face and in my case, fixed some deformity issues.

I hope this was helpful!

Yeah, I was a little worried people might not recognize me when I got back, but of course they did :smile:. Dramatic improvement, not a dramatic alteration. My family has yet to see, but my friends think it's a huge difference and they've all said it looks really great and they're really happy for me :smile:. But thank you!