BeautyHacker

[B/A photos] Rhinoplasty + under eye fat repositioning at Uvom :)

Hello everyone!

I’ve had my rhinoplasty (osteotomy rhinoplasty, hump removal, tip pasty and alar reduction) + under eye fat repositioning surgeries done in Uvom and I'm going to share my experiences here :smile:

For those of you who are considering similar surgeries, I will share as much of my personal knowledge as possible, and hopefully what I write here will help you with your research.

My background:

My nose was very deviated and wide. I also had a bump in the middle of my nose, as you can see in my "before" photos. The left side of my nasal bone is larger and longer than the right side, and the nose is tilted to the right side.

I also had dark circles and eye bags that I wanted to correct.

Clinics I consulted with:

I’ve reached out to numerous clinics on Kakao while I was doing my research (Uvom, Namu, View, Docfinders Korea….), and I’ve had f2f consultation with Cinderella, ID, GNG and Uvom. If you want me to share my experience with consultation at these clinics, just ask and I’ll share in the comments.

Consultation at Uvom:

Uvom gave me very prompt and detailed replies during my Kakao consultation. I reached out to them in November 2018 and had many questions, and the consultant answered all of them. The replies were very fast compared to other clinics I was chatting with. The English consultant (who was Susan at that time) gave me a trustworthy and friendly vibe, which is the reason why I chose to do f2f consult with them, despite them being a less well known clinic.

I had my f2f consultation with Uvom in February. The consultation was a whopping 2.5 hours. The consultant Eunice and the English translator Choi were very professional and sweet. They listened to what I wanted and also told me what was achievable in my situation and what was not. In my case, I was told that my facial axis is tilted, resulting my whole face to be curved in a slight C shape. Due to this, they said that it is impossible to make my nose 100% straight :sad: . However, they said that there will be an improvement. The surgeon Dr. Lee then came in and confirmed what the consultant told me and set pretty realistic expectations as well. I was not comfortable with using any foreign implants and I didn’t care too much for the bridge height, so Dr Lee said he will use my septal cartilage for the bridge, and for tip he will use ear cartilage. Since my left alar is lower than my right alar, he said he won’t be able to correct that, but he will try to make some adjustments during alar reduction. The doctor that did my under eye fat repositioning was Dr. Kang. He said he will use the fat in my eye bag and reposition it where my tear trough is. Again, the consultant said that there will be an improvement, but cannot be corrected 100%.

The surgery:

My surgery was scheduled for the next day and its pretty much the routine process - no food for 6 hours and no water for 2 hours prior to surgery. I was under sleep sedation for my surgery.

Recovery:

During the 13 days after my surgery, I went to the clinic a total of 7 times for de-swelling treatments and check up. During this time, I didn’t feel any discomfort in my eyes. My eyes were very swollen but it looked worse than it felt. My nose was completely blocked for the first 2 days due to the packing in my nostrils so I had to breathe through my mouth. Because of the anesthetic, I had a very sore throat for the first 3 days and I did not get much sleep at all for the first view nights because of how uncomfortable it was T__T. Even after they took out the packing, my breathing was minimum. I think it’s because the nose is was still very swollen.

After the first few days, the discomfort subsided. The most painful part of this was when they took out the stitches from the base of my nose and on my alar. It was so painful that I cried, lol. However, Eunice and Choi came and held both my hands through it, which was so sweet!

Dr Lee and Dr Kang were both very friendly during my checkups. Especially Dr Lee who really made me feel like he cared about my surgery and recovery, instead of treating me like “just another patient”. I was very thankful for that.

2 weeks post op:

So I am currently 2 weeks post surgery. I know it is still early in my recovery but I here’s my progress so far. You can see that the shape of the nose improved a LOT. To my surprise, I did not have extreme bruising after the surgery. For the first week after surgery, my face was very swollen and yellow due to bruising. I never got black eye though, just yellowness on my face. By week two the swelling has noticeably reduced. The whole de-swelling process was a lot faster than I excepted. My breathing is 50% back to normal now, there is still blockage due to not being allowed to blow my nose and due to the swelling in my nose.

My nose is still very tender to touch, especially the tip. Swelling is worse in the morning so my nose noticeably gets smaller throughout the day, and becomes swollen again the next morning lol. Dr Lee said it will continue to improve as time goes on. The nose is still not 100% straight due to my tilted facial axis, and my alar is still not 100% level, just like they said during the consultation. However there is a pretty good improvement :smile: . I'm very impressed with the result so far, there is noticeable changes in the shape of my nose, and it also looks pretty natural as well.

For my eyes, there is also an improvement. I don’t have the puffy eye bags anymore, but my tear trough is still visible. I don’t know if it’s because I didn’t have enough fat from my eye bags to fill my tear trough? I also have some dark pigmentation under my eye that could not have been corrected by surgery. If you are in the same boat and have pigmentation under your eyes, keep in mind that you will need other treatments for that. I will say that with the eye bags gone I do look less tired, and it’s much easier to cover up the tear trough and dark pigmentation with make up.

Overall, my experience at Uvom was great, I appreciated how they were honest in telling me what were realistic changes to be expected, and what changes were out of the question. I’ve never had surgery at any other clinics before so I don’t know how other clinics treat their patients, but with Uvom I felt like I was actually cared for. The surgeons and the staff were friendly, professional and very caring. The two doctors that did my surgery were always smiling every time I saw them. Dr Lee is very meticulous during his check ups, and I never felt rushed throughout the whole process.

Oh, I feel like I need to put a disclaimer here that I don’t work for Uvom in any way, and this post is just my personal experience as their patient. There were a few others who went to Uvom in the February Kakao group chat and from what I heard, they had pretty good experiences too.

Uvom's not heavily marketing to foreigners at this time. During the times I was at the clinic, the waiting room had pretty much all Korean from what I could tell. They also don’t have an English website, but they do have an English blog ( https://uvomps.blogspot.com/ ) and Instagram page ( uvomplasticsurgey ) which you can follow. They often will announce promotions. Uvom is a very humble clinic - it has 1 floor in a building that’s kind of tucked away, unlike some of the other mega clinics I visited, The clinic itself is bright and clean. If you’ve never considered this clinic before, I strongly encourage you to give them a try :smile: .

Here are my before and after photos - it's only been two weeks so I don't look the best..... so please be nice in the comments ^^;;;; :heart:. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

2BF53C84-BCD2-4A12-BBC2-F7237F3405EA.jpeg98C26781-CEC2-4436-9E57-0170036D5F29.jpeg

I would say it improved a little, maybe 50%?here’s my b/a for eye bags you can see it for yourself :smile:

3173A572-33DD-4DE8-AC4D-11B852E76392.jpeg

Thank you love :smile:. My septal cartilage was used for my bridge, and ear cartilage for my tip.

Really love your results! Congratulations on such a wonderful success!

• 1 month later...
Hi Kkmmii, your nose looks really good.
How was your experience with the consultation with Cinderella Clinic? I have already booked the surgery with Cinderella clinic. I am just wondering why you did not choose the clinic? Is there anything for me to worry? Thanks

Hi hi :smile: cinderella was nice to consult with. The consultant and translator were professional and patient, but the doctor I met seemed really rushed (he was in and out of the room in 2 min I think). Another reason I didn’t go with them was the price - they quoted me around 9 mil for eyebag and nose.

Main reason was that I felt like I didn’t “connect” with their Kakao consultant... I felt like we weren’t on the same page.