BeautyHacker

I've got my nose job done in Opera

Hey girls,
I had a nose job in Opera last November and just want to share my experience with you.
Beforehand I want you to know a bit about me. I‘m living in Europe and mid 20s.

My hump, droopy and bulbous tip really bothered me for years and made me feel horrible whenever I met someone new. I didn’t even take holiday pictures of myself anymore and when people walked towards me I made sure they wouldn‘t see me from the side. For most people such a nose isn‘t that big of a deal but I think you can only know and understand how someone feels if you walked in their shoes. So I, for my part, don‘t judge people that get something done. We all want to feel good and happy, right?

Why I still chose to get surgery done as far away as South Korea will hopefully be obvious after reading my review. So stick with me for a bit if you‘re interested in getting something done here :smile:.

❁ Consultation Day
I contacted various clinics before finally texting Opera on October 1st. via WhatsApp. The clinics I contacted previously didn‘t give me the right feeling and when it comes to something as important as my nose I trust my gut.

It took Opera a few days to reply since I contacted them during their busy season. I was more than delighted to read their answer written in perfectly fine English. I also read a lot about plastic surgery in Korea on different platforms and had heard about Opera before. This time my gut was telling me to go for it and to meet with the consultant and doctor. And so I did.

What I liked the most about our consultation was that the doctor clearly said what was possible and what not and that he himself said he wouldn‘t decrease the height as much as he would with asian patients because my face woulnd‘t benefit from it. Without telling him beforehand he knew exactly what I wanted and we both had a really natural result in mind.

When I left the clinic that evening I had already scheduled the date of surgery and was more than excited for the upcoming big day. I felt almost a bit crazy for really doing it but I looked forward to a life with more self confidence and personal strength.

On a side note for anyone wondering: they did not try to sell me anything or told me to get something else done. They didn‘t point out any other flaws or made me feel uncomfortable in any way one might think of when going to a plastic surgery clinic. I kind of felt like I was talking to friends because of how kind and down to earth they were. They totally blew my mind as you might notice :smile:.

❁ Operation Day
When I arrived at the clinic my consultant greeted me and soon after I signed some paperwork with scary things written on it - don‘t get too stressed if you will read it too. They have to make sure you understand what lies before you but honestly, I never once felt like the things written on the form could happen to me considering the people at Opera I had met so far and how much I trusted them.

My surgeon again told me everything I needed to know and answered my questions. He also marked the areas of surgery on my nose. I felt really comfortable during our talk and I think meeting your surgeon before you‘re lying on the table helps to calm your nerves a lot.

Well, at least it did for me until I found myself on the operating table. That was when I got really really nervous but having my consultant right next to my side made everything bearable. All of this wasn‘t that bad except the nurse trimming my nose hair poked me with the scissor which hurt a lot but things happen, I guess. Actually, this was the most painful thing during all of this, the surgery and healing process. Funny to think of it now.

My doctor came in and sat down right behind my head and told me I seemed a lot more nervous than before. I would lie If I said he wasn‘t right. After he told me the anesthetist would start putting me to sleep now I looked up at him, said “Guess it‘s until later then“, looked to the ceiling and then nothing. I don‘t remember a thing after that. Best sleep I ever had.

I attached my previous picture plus after surgery day1 and day14.
will continue to share my recovery stories from week 1 :smile:

Yes. I am so happy haha!
Make enough consultation appointments before you pick one! and good luck to you! :smile:

Thanks! I already plan to go to Wannabe because they were very personable and I like what I saw in their website and not to mention, the price is within my budget :biggrin:

hihi! I am heading to Korea too in mid April! still scouting for doc, can share experiences =) or chat up on kakotalk

Hi, when exactly are you going? Wannabe Plastic surgery said that their doctors will be going away for an international conference on the 18th to the 20th, I'm a bit afraid that other clinics would have the same situation...I booked by flight from 13th to the 27th and my husband and I were suppose to go to Tokyo for a few days first before going to Seoul but it looks like we have to do it earlier before the doctors leave. Are you leaning towards any clinics?I've been having a hard time reaching them :sad:

I'm back girls!
So this is my recovery story and my current look now :smile: Hope you guys have good results too!!
=======================================================================
❁ Recovery Week 1

The first few days were a tiny bit uncomfortable but absolutely bearable. The swelling came on afternoon the day following the surgery. My cheeks, eye corners, nose and (at least a bit) forehead were swollen. The bruising came the the same night but went from blue-ish purple to greenish yellow within hours of cooling. The first two days after surgery were the days I recognized the most swelling and bruising with the second day after surgery being the “worst“. I cooled a lot and slept elevated and therefore had almost no obvious swelling by day 4. The bruises vanished into a light yellow color and one tiny blue-ish stripe underneath my left eye. If I wouldn’t have worn the cast covering everything up with a tiny bit of makeup would have been no big deal. The area my hump was hurt less and less each day and after the gauze dressing underneath my nose was removed one day after surgery, eating and drinking became easy again. After a few days I really got used to the cast and sleeping position. The cooling helped a ton in reducing swelling and bruising and after 7 days I was able to see my new beautiful nose with only minor bruising.

The cast and stitches got removed and although still swollen and a bit numb and rigid I loved what I could see. The hump was gone and the tip didn‘t point down anymore. It was a nose I would never have dreamed of. At that moment I couldn‘t fully grasp that this nose really was mine. It just felt unreal. As joy overcame me I could only thank the surgeon many many times for the things he did for me. Even now I still feel like I haven‘t thanked him nearly enough. He gave me my nose, only better, only prettier. It looked natural and I felt like it finally suited my face. When I left the clinic my friend and I couldn‘t stop taking pictures and were so baffled because there was no way an outsider would know I had surgery only 7 days prior. I was so happy!

❁ Recovery Week 2

I was still taking the medicine my consultant gave me and although cooling wouldn‘t have helped with bruising or swelling anymore, I‘m happy to say that it wouldn‘t have been necessary anyway. The swelling went down more and more each day and the bruising was gone completely. By week two I was already back in Germany and had visited the doctor for something unrelated. When I told him I just got back from South Korea and got my nose done there he told me that one wouldn‘t know if I did not speak about it, so you know it‘s not only my biased opinion.

Sleeping was fine and breathing was great. I didn‘t know it was possible to breath so much better and I‘m really thankful my surgeon opted to do something for my breathing.

I had no pain at all anymore. Not even when I touched the nose. The tip still was and is rigid and kind of numb but that‘s normal and nothing to worry about. The incision line was almost invisible and the area my hump was didn’t hurt at all anymore. I felt pretty normal and could take part in social gatherings without worrying to stand out.

❁ Recovery 30

Compared to day 14 of my healing process my swelling toned down more and I feel like breathing continued to get better. I can see the bridge of my nose now and think its shape won‘t change drastically anymore. As for my nose tip, it‘s still a bit swollen and although it already got smaller compared to 2 weeks after the surgery, I think it will take a few more weeks or months to fully get rid of the little remaining swelling. That‘s not a big deal for me because the swelling isn‘t noticeable for other people but me.

I can now see that the bridge of my nose is even and the hump really is gone. There is a little unevenness on the right side of my nose but that‘s because my bone there has always been broad and a bit pointy.

It‘s day 30 today and I still think going to Opera was the right choice as I‘m really satisfied with the result so far. I actually don‘t feel like I had surgery done just one month ago. Everything is good and I feel really comfortable.

❁ Recovery after 2 months

Two months have passed now and although I didn‘t think so my nose still changed within the last few weeks. The swelling has gone down even more. I think the upper part of my nose bridge is as slim as possible and that only the nose tip is a tiny bit swollen. The swelling in the nose tip isn‘t really recognizable but I can feel that it‘s kind of hard on a few spots. I can feel that the nerves under my skin still heal since it sometimes tickles funny when I stroke my nose slightly and this hasn‘t been the case before. Earlier it felt kind of numb where the incision was made.

As for pain I can say that my nose only hurts if squeezed and since one normally doesn‘t do that I have no issues. Since day 1 after surgery there wasn‘t any bleeding or big pain afterwards as well as no inflammations or other health problems caused by the surgery.

Altogether from a scale 1 to 10 with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest I would give the full amount of pain I had since right after surgery a solid 3. This might be different for each person but I was and still am really comfortable.

As for my self esteem, I can only say that the surgery helped a lot. I feel so much better today and even though I still have moments where I have to remind myself that I don‘t have to be ashamed for showing someone my face anymore, I got really used to my new look by now. I‘m still myself - just a version that makes me feel happy with myself.

If I were to guess I‘d say that the healing process is at 80% and that only the inner parts still have to heal for a while. I don‘t think the shape will change drastically anymore and feel really satisfied with how everything turned out. Even my friends are amazed by how good everything worked out and how natural the result is. Making my wish come true at Opera was the right decision for me.

Thank you for saying that!
Just relax and enjoy your journey! You will be fine! :smile:

• 2 months later...
Gorgeous! Congratulations