BeautyHacker

Hi Guys,

IT’s been a few years of hell for me after zygoma and jaw reduction. I am dealing with sagging and wondering if anyone had a full facelfit after their facial contouring surgery. Were you happy and did you have any postive or bad experience with it ? I’m tired of hiding at home dealing with depression and psychological psd with this surgery. I’m tired of the harassing comments in public...I just want to end my life.

Sorry that you are dealing with this but after some research there are ways you can fix the sagging issue. Try not to let it get to you, there's hope!! : ) *hugs

May I ask where you got your surgery done? I have my surgery booked in May but have been researching on sagging issues ever since I saw your post. I understand regardless of where you get it done, the potential of sagging is always there.

Thank you in advance

• 4 weeks later...
facelifting will totally fix the problem. Its what I had to do. When i was 19 I stupidly went to the yanhee in bangkok (horrible meat market hospital) to do a jaw reduction. They resected wayy too much one and caused prematurely sagging. I had the problem reversed with a concentric malar lift. So don't worry in this case there is a solution :smile:

a face lift doesn't address forehead or neck though. Its one procedure only which addresses sagging from the upper cheekbones to the lower jowels. Forehead and neck are classified as seperate procedures. common misconception as lots of patients assume when a surgeon says facelift he refers to everything on the face portion

But she said full facelift. On most surgeons sites ive seen the say lower, mid and upper/forehead lift so I would assume that a full facelift refers to lifting all three sections.

whatever the terminology used, each portion is still a seperate procedure. They might try to market all 3 portions as one packaged surgery but its still 3 separate procedures.

In korea the mid to lower jowel region is referred to as its marketed name: mid face lift. The technical term for it is the SMAS lift.
The forehead region is referred to as the forehead lift. The technical term is the endoscopic or endotine forehead lift. It can also be done via full incision but that's usually only necessarry for older patients (or balding ones) where hairline lowering is required. And the neck lift is just referred to as the necklift.

Hi kcouture,

Thank you for responding. My issues is due to loss of volume in the cheeks that’s causing the sagging. Which is causing my jawline to look fuller. I don’t know if a cheek lift or a midface lift would help to tighten both cheek and jaw line or if I would need a full facelift. I know I would need to consult a professional but I find speaking to real people who had this done is more reliable. I find some doctors only care about the bottom their bottom line ($$) rather then five sound advice.

once you excise the bone sagging is bound to occur from the detachment of tissue from the structure holding it in place. You should do a smas lift. it will completely alleviate the problem. Any type of partial lift is just counter productive because it won't address the real problem.

Did ever you with the idea of gettingcustom jawbinplants as oppose to a facelift?

i tried to at the time but every surgeon recommended against it. Because once the bone is excised it becomes weaker. Reattaching implants to a weakened structure is not advisable. Secondly jaw implants also do not look natural. You see when your bone is excised they do not do it from the side, they do it from the bottom. Jaw implants cannot be attached from the bottom. It can only be attached from the side. What occurs is you end up with a signifcantly boxier and masculine jaw than even before your jaw reduction. Jaw implants are not often performed, and when they are performed (in the west) its predominantly on men for this reason.
Jaw implants is not the solution. Trust me the only solution is the face lift. It will completely 100% alleviate the problem and anyone who knows me is aware i almost never use the term 100% when discussing plastic surgery. I have seen cases like this before and I am one of them too hence my confidence with the lifting solution