BeautyHacker

My Double Eyelid Surgery (invasive) Ptosis Correction with Shinseung in Korea

Hello everyone! I havent been posting much on the bag forums as i used to. I have outgrown expensive bags and have decided to laylow on shopping the last few years.

But as i turned forty a few years ago. My eyes were starting to bother me a lot. Some pictures especially those when I lack sleep or am tired from a trip I end up with really uneven eyes. I noticed the my right eye has triple lids and my left eye is double eyelid.

So after visiting Korea last year I decided that I wanted DES. I wasnt really there to look at doctors but I decided to make an appointment with ID hospital, Because they were on top of most google searches etc and I was in such a hurry to meet with surgeon etc etc. needless to say I wasnt very happy with the consultation and I left without setting anything in stone.

Hence, my review to everyone out there as my way of giving back for all the help this forum has been to me and my research on the best clinic I can go to. Ok so it is through PF that I decided NOT to go to ID hospital. (thank you so much for that! I read horrible stories here and that made me be more vigilant in doing research.

So i went to Korea on Mar 6 to 16 with kakao appointments with:

Girin, MVP, Opera and Shinseung.

After doing much research I already deposited on Shinseung before I went to Korea because of all the wonderful things I heard on this forum. Dr. Shin was good with revision double eyelid surgery so in my mind DES would be a simpler procedure. But the day before I went to Shinseung I went to Girin, MVP and Opera.

Here is my experience on each clinic
Girin- mostly Korean clients. It was packed when we arrived. Very nice interpreter Yuna. A consultant will meet you before you met the Dr. Song. He only operated on eyes. He was the only doctor who said i can do non-invasive DES and ptosis for my right eye. my experience for this clinic was nice. Price is fair

MVP- saw Korean and Chinese clients. They offer a lot of freebies which is a treat. The english consultant was nice. The Dr recommended DES invasive Ptosis correction and fat transfer in my right eye. I didn't feel a connection with the DR but the English consultant was so nice. Price was fair. i also liked this clinic

Opera- Saw Chinese and Korean clients. The English consultant didn't help much. She was very vague on almost everything, Procedure, sedation, etc. But she got back to me that night but didn't feel comfortable that she didn't know much about the procedures. I liked the doctor but he wasn't available to operate the next day so I took as God's deciding for me

Next day , was my appointment at Shinseung. Consultation at 1030am and surgery at 1130am. I had MVP and Girin on hold and they said they will wait for my reply by 11 am that day. This was my first time to meet Dr. Shin and I had to decide that day as well if I will push through with surgery.

Dr Shins clinic was nice, there was 2 receptionists and they both hardly spoke English. The vibe was good. When i arrived there was no one there I guess the morning was cleared because I booked for Surgery. So i met Dr. Shin and he spoke to me directly in English. He looked at my eyes and asked me what bothered me. I told him about my uneven eyes. And He immediately told me i need DES invasive Ptosis correction and Fat transfer. Which was basically what the other 2 doctors recommendation. I was asking if I can have non-invasive because i was scared of cutting and He said No it should really be invasive plus I need ptosis correction so this was his recommendation. He was kind and helpful and asked me what kind of eyes I wanted and I showed him a picture and He said He will try to achieve it but no promises.

I was at the surgery room right after they took my blood and gave me sedation. And I remember opening and closing my eyes a lot during the surgery. I felt that Dr shin really took a lot of time to make sure that my eyes were even. He did a lot more work in my right eye because of the Ptosis correction. I think that whole process took 2 hours or a little more. The removed fat from my tummy area to use for fat grafting for my upper eyelid in my right eye. I would say that I picked the right doctor for me. Dr Shin was sure of what he was doing and that assured me everything will be well.

Today I am back where I am from and I am 9 days post Op. I feel great my eyes are still swollen but I will share pics

BEFORE
before.jpg

AFTER
after.jpg

• 3 weeks later...