BeautyHacker

My Revision DES experience in South Korea (SK)

Just an update to anyone who is considering IOU for revision DES. I am not too happy with my results now. It has been almost a year since my surgery at IOU and now that I am fully de-swollen and can see my final results, I am less than happy. I am looking for yet another revision😢😭 !

Just recently, I emailed Dr. Kang my pictures.  He wasn't very responsive to my concerns and asked me to resend pictures in a months time when I am at the 1 year mark.  WTF!  Although Dr. Kang lowered my high crease, my eyelids are still asymmetrical, beyond my acceptance level. I am willing to accept less than 100%!.  Also, Dr. Kang was not able to correct some issues that I had from my last 2017 DES. Honestly, I don't think he is as skilled as he totes. Before I went to IOU, there were a few other girls in the chat that had revision DES with him. In the beginning (like me), they seemed satisfied, but after months of de-swelling, they are all unhappy and looking for revision! 

I hope anyone who reads this will not have to suffer revision DES over and over again. Once you get on, it seems so hard to get off of this cycle!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Happy, sorry to hear that you aren’t happy with your revision.

I had DES too and i can say it was a failure. Like asymmetrical and also the shape isn’t right. So I’m looking to have a revision. So far i consult online with View, I’m quite happy though. I’ve been suggested to consult with Banobagi, ID, JK, and Nana. So far I’m just deciding between View and Banobagi actually, they have a good review from what i can find.

I really hope this revision works for me and soon for you too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
On 2/15/2020 at 1:09 PM, Masrou said:

Happy1,

Are you satisfied with your revision surgery now? I also have an high crease that needs to be redone. 

I am not happy with my results and I am very UHAPPY with Dr. Kang at IOU. Per his request, I emailed him more photos a few weeks later at the one-year mark (March 2020). Dr. Kang suggested another surgery (forehead lifting) to fix my eyelids. This wouldn't even fully address the issues I have now (asymmetry, unnatural looking., fat and other issues). I have consulted with numerous drs (Prob more than 12 over the years). Not one dr. suggested forehead lifting to fix my eyelids. I also have very  little eyelid skin left from my previous surgery in 2017, which would make forehead lifting surgery nearly impossible for me. 

I couldn't believe Dr. Kang would suggest another DIFFERENT surgery to me rather than try to offer a free revision for the subpar results he gave me. Dr. Kang had offered me a 1-2 year revision policy before I decided to do the surgery with him. But now he is not offering me a revision. When I asked him why he couldn't remove the fat,  he told me it was "DIFFICULT". Now I realize he doesn't have the skills to fix my eyelids.

I asked Dr. Kang why my results were significantly lower than the "70-80%" improvement he told me I can expect. Also, since Dr. Kang wasn't offering me a free revision for his subpar work and I clearly need a revision for the issues to be fixed. I asked Dr. Kang for a refund. Dr. Kang said he cannot issue a refund and instead sent me screenshots of waiver that he made me sign minutes before surgery. He made me sign all these waivers which were written in Korean and I cannot read Korean!

I wish Dr. Kang was just honest with me in the beginning and tell me that he couldn't remove the fat lump in my eyelid or correct the asymmetry. I chose him because he seemed so confident, but in retrospect, actually that confidence was merely arrogance and his greed to make more $. He asked me to pay him in full Cash.

Now that it's clear Dr. Kang doesn't have the skills nor is a trustworthy doctor, I wouldn't ever go back to him for another surgery. I really regret going to him last year for my revision DES. I wasted more money and time recovering only to achieve subpar results and need yet another surgery to fix the issues that he didn't have the skills to fix. I am so disappointed and disgusted with Dr. Kang at IOU. I hope anyone who reads this, will think twice before going to IOU. Hopefully they will see through his obnoxious confidence as mere arrogance and greed.

Edited by happy1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2020 at 4:11 AM, happy1 said:

Just an update to anyone who is considering IOU for revision DES. I am not too happy with my results now. It has been almost a year since my surgery at IOU and now that I am fully de-swollen and can see my final results, I am less than happy. I am looking for yet another revision😢😭 !

Just recently, I emailed Dr. Kang my pictures.  He wasn't very responsive to my concerns and asked me to resend pictures in a months time when I am at the 1 year mark.  WTF!  Although Dr. Kang lowered my high crease, my eyelids are still asymmetrical, beyond my acceptance level. I am willing to accept less than 100%!.  Also, Dr. Kang was not able to correct some issues that I had from my last 2017 DES. Honestly, I don't think he is as skilled as he totes. Before I went to IOU, there were a few other girls in the chat that had revision DES with him. In the beginning (like me), they seemed satisfied, but after months of de-swelling, they are all unhappy and looking for revision! 

I hope anyone who reads this will not have to suffer revision DES over and over again. Once you get on, it seems so hard to get off of this cycle!

Hi hi, oh no so sorry to hear that. I have really bad eyelid surgery too!!! And looking for my 3rd revision!!! I was serious considering dr Kang from iou! Because I need to reduce my crease without skin excision. I had Too must skin and fats remove. Not much skin left. Now I need to research again for a doctor that can improve my eyes.... are you looking for revision again? Could we contact? Pls add me on Kakao gingingin20

On 2/4/2020 at 12:11 PM, happy1 said:

Thank you so much for updating up along your journey. I'm sorry you're not happy with your results 😞 The unresponsiveness is not right at all. Could you let us know what the first clinic you went to was so that we can avoid it? If not, I understand. I really hope you find someone who can help you 😞 

So sorry about your results! ☹️ Wish you better luck next time if you plan on getting another revision. Earlier you mentioned that you didn't want to publicly name the clinics you'd gone to before, but I was wondering if you could PM their names to me, if it wouldn't be too much trouble? No worries if not. All the best 🤞

• 3 months later...

Hi @happy1 whoever you are, thank you so much for your detailed review and always updating us!!! means alot to many people, especially me. I also need to do DES revision for the third times:( My lid/crease is too high for me, the scar is also very visible and I can't fully close my eyes when I sleep. Did your scar disappear? Did you have the same issue like me? Anyway, instead of finding a plastic surgeon, I'm planning to get it done by an opthalmologist at some hospital/eye hospital in Korea cause they specialize in eyes. Anyone has the same thought like me? Also I'll tell you where I had my DES done through kakao (it is on the list of where you had your consultations). My ID is : xeemelo

IMG_7577.JPG

Edited by xeexee8
  • Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 11:51 AM, xeexee8 said:

Hi @happy1 whoever you are, thank you so much for your detailed review and always updating us!!! means alot to many people, especially me. I also need to do DES revision for the third times:( My lid/crease is too high for me, the scar is also very visible and I can't fully close my eyes when I sleep. Did your scar disappear? Did you have the same issue like me? Anyway, instead of finding a plastic surgeon, I'm planning to get it done by an opthalmologist at some hospital/eye hospital in Korea cause they specialize in eyes. Anyone has the same thought like me? Also I'll tell you where I had my DES done through kakao (it is on the list of where you had your consultations). My ID is : xeemelo

IMG_7577.JPG

I'm having similar issues and also looking for revision. My eyes cannot close when sleeping. I think i need to go to korea too 😥

• 5 months later...
On 9/25/2020 at 2:51 PM, xeexee8 said:

IMG_7577.JPG

your scar is not as bad as mine. about the same crease height and I used to be unable to close my lids when sleeping. it goes away after awhile. you can use silicone scar treatment gels and warm compresses to soften the skin and reduce scar formation in the meantime. it might help. for the crease, it will require revision and probably fat graft

• 4 weeks later...