BeautyHacker

V-Line Surgery and my V-Line Reconstruction Surgery

You will feel normal in 2-3 days. It's always like that with general anesthesia and surgeries touching deeper tissue. Swelling gets worse till days 3 then start coming down. Wish you luck

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that painful, it's more uncomfortable than painful but I did experience some pain, not much though.

• 5 months later...
Hi,

I made a similar mistake to yours and regret my FC surgery every day of my life. Where did you go to get your implants and are you happy with the results? Please help! --thank you!

Your case is very similar to mine. I was 19 when I went alone from Europe to Korea (WonJin clinic in Seoul) to get cheekbone reduction and jaw angle reduction. None of my parents are asian, they're both european, I just had a round face (wide and short).
The cheekbone operation went ok, I'm still satisfied with the results, cause my cheeks were very wide, so now they're ok. They're not symmetrical, but they weren't before surgery either. I just do some cheek fillers now and then.

But the problem I still have is with my jaw angles. I remember they suggested to do the v-line surgery, but thank god I refused (my chin is already kinda small). Also, I persisted that I still wanted a bit of jaw angle, cause being european, having no jaw angle at all would look super weird. So I got my jaw angles cut. But the problem I still have to this day is that they did NOT leave any angle, they made it look like almost a curved line from my ear to my chin. While it doesn't look that bad from the front, it sure does when I turn my head.

So, as you can see, I'm also searching for jaw implants, or anything that could regenerate my jaw angles. =(
If you have any additional information about the place you went for your custom jaw implant, and if you're happy with the results, I would really like to know. I hope everything went as you were hoping for!

Thank you so much for your post! I feel like this is what I needed to hear.
I've also been really insecure about my face- especially the jawline, because I feel like it's too square-ish, and like you, my mom (and extended family) also keep telling me to change my face. It all added to my insecurity and I felt like my face just wasn't enough, even though I never wanted to get plastic surgery.
I did consult a few places and looked into v-line surgeries and whatnot, but I kept getting this nagging gut feeling that this wasn't right.
Thankfully (?or maybe not) I haven't rushed into getting any actual surgeries yet, but whenever I hear my family tell me that my nose to too low, or I need to get eye surgery, or my cheekbones are too high, I get very discouraged. (my family is also Asian, and I don't know if this is the reason why. I think it's mainly the society's standard of beauty and what happens to people who don't meet that certain criteria).
Anyways, I really hope you like the results of your reconstruction surgery! I just wanted to comment that your post have helped me a great deal.
Thanks!

I dont think anyone who has their jaw shaved have an angled jaw at all... thats not how it works and i havent seen anyone still with some sort of angle to make it look natural after jaw surgery lol it does look unnatural on some people.. even on asians (it looks kinda unnatural on me and im asian)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. You made me think twice to get the usual zygoma reduction offered by clinics.

I would also like to share my experiences here (no I haven't done FC, but I have talked to so many FC surgeons in Korea so I have a good idea of their aesthetics). When I consulted with FC surgeons, most of them insisted on me getting both zygoma reduction and V-line surgery. But in my opinion my cheekbones are already much wider than my jaws, so doing both will make me look unbalanced. And the before after pictures all show people with very small chin compared to their cheeks. Not great for people who prefer the face shape of Angeiina Jolie like me.

Btw they all admitted that I would need thread lifting after the procedures. Any doctor who said that no sagging will occur at all are definitely lying.

I am also very much concerned about sagging. Now I am researching quick zygoma. I hope this is a viable alternative to traditional FC methods.

Thank you for posting this and your bravery in sharing something so personal to you. I'm currently researching facial contouring procedures and speaking to surgeons, before making a decision and I appreciate reading about the experiences of others.

• 2 months later...

how did everything go?