BeautyHacker

Avoid Braun plastic surgery korea at any cost

Braun PS cheats ,specially be careful with lady by name MAYA she is super sweet till she gets dollars .I opted for incision SMAS lift but the doctor performed mini face lift with no results at all.I got to know that what is done on my face is not smas lift but just mini lift .Shameless cheaters .The lady Maya who is sweet and always communicate through smiles pictures is a trap and disappears as soon as she gets money and hospital don’t respond .They just robbed me of 4000 dollars .Such a shame when these clinics loots foreigners like this .

So sorry to her about your bad experience with Braun!! When did u have the surgery? There is no difference at all?

Yes of course I asked and clearly wrote on patient form paper also but they just lie and after operations we have bandage for 10 days and then they disagree ,then swelling excuse etc etc with everything and then they avoid us .We get to know the fact only once we are back to our own country and meet some other doctor .

this is why i feel anxious with treatments done overseas. they mostly look at us as money making machine. i've experienced it myself with too strong of a laser that is actually not needed in my case. only because that laser of course costed much2x more. if something bad happen, it'd be hard for us to instantly come back for consultation or revision.
@Gitanjali, don't ever go back to the same doctor who did the unsuccesful treatment. most likely, they'd just make it worst.
@treppenwitz agree, we, the foreigners, are the milking cow for them

If you are talking about money-hungry surgeons I think the western doctors are far worse as they usually charge extremely high prices for mostly mediocre results. Why do people become plastic surgeons in the first place? Because they make a lot of money.

At the end of the day, no matter what country you are having surgery in it is vital to do lots of research and speak with lots of different doctors before you make a final decision.

The western country i was living on last time, majority I would say have a better attention and care towards the patients due to their stricter regulation and law compared to most Asian countries. Based on my own experience, one thing to avoid from any medical practitioner is if they become too commercialized. No matter how reputable and experienced they are, their priority have shifted from patients' safety to how much more income they could squeeze out of a patient. Sometimes it' best to go to less popular doc but one who put their patients' need and safety first. They might not satisfy you with their 'no' answers but at least they wouldn't jeopardize your life.

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here but you were definitely NOT charged for a smas lift. Braun is an upper mid tier clinic and therefore the prices are not cheap cheap to begin with. A Smas lift depending on the surgeon's seniority ,reputation and the clinic's pricing tier, will cost between 8-13 000 dollars. There are even some insane surgeons *cough not mentioning names, who will (unjustifiably) charge higher than that. There's no way at Braun they would charge only 4000 for a smas lift.

What I think might have happened is the manner in which the staff communicated it to you. You perhaps asked them for a smas lift. Maybe you are only in your early to mid thirties and not too significant sagging. Perhaps in order to sell the procedure they said "yes we will correct your smas during the surgery". Maybe they never actually used the term mid face lift or smas lift with you but instead said they would correct your smas during surgery. I think most likely this is what occurred. That staff probably doesn't even know what a smas lift is. The surgeon should tho as that is the medical term for it. In korea they often use the name Mid face lift. You gotta remember alot of the time the staff while they do have some medical knowledge, there's certain terminology they might not be familiar with. I think in such a case instead of just nodding yes and trying to push to sell the procedure, they should be like "i will check with the surgeon".

Anyways at the end of the day mini lift is only applicable for certain conditions. If you noticed little to no change it means you werent the right candidate for it. Focal point of the mini lift is mostly around the muscle not the smas layer. It can have some effect on the smas layer but minimal. I think this is either a case of miscommunication or shadey marketing/sales tactics. I wouldnt know which one it is since i wasnt there. But at least they didn't actually charge you for a smas lift. Imagine paying the real/correct price for a smas lift and then only getting a mini lift. That be really messed up.

Another thing is from a legal stand point the patient form you filled out Im going to assume its the pre consultation form where you write what procedure you are interested in. If that is the only piece of document where you wrote smas lift, you have no leg to stand on. What matters is the charts that the SURGEON wrote on and the CONSENT FORM which you signed which has to legally state the procedure performed on you. Everytime I sign those documents its always been given to me in English since that is the language I speak. Now if on that form it clearly states a Mid face lift or smas lift as your surgical procedure and you signed it then you can take legal action against them. And this is also EVEN if they only charged you the price of the mini lift which is what they did. However, should the charts and the consent form state it is a mini lift or a procedure name corresponding to a mini lift within their list of procedures and you signed the consent form for it, you can't do a thing about it in that situation.

Also is the staff english even good tho? Because when i went there they only have chinese speaking translators.

I think 8-13 thousand dollars for a mid-facelift would only be charged by clinics who are known for exorbitant pricing (like JK or VIP). I agree with everything else you said though. It's probably a good idea for people to take a photo or get a copy of their consent form.