BeautyHacker

Removing old screws ?

Hello
I got twojaw in Korea but still not satisfied by my chin actual look and I’m considering vline

I’m scared the surgeon would have troubles to remove my old screw
Someone had this trouble before ?
Are all korean screw similar and I should not worried ?
i can still getting a surgery to remove my screw before the vline revision

please girls and boys give my your opinion and share your own experience

Screws if its the titanium ones, actually don't need to be removed btw. They actually act as a support fixture in most cases. But you should check with your 2 jaw surgeon on what method he is used to find this out. Tho im not sure if they need to be removed in order for you to do v line.

He used titanium squared head pins
I told it to my actual surgeon and he said it was ok for him
He suggested to keep it until surgery day because it helps bone to heal as you said
But I’m still scared it could disturb the vline because I have screw on my lower jaw..

I doubt the screws would be a problem. Did you have genioplasty with your double jaw surgery? I guess the v-line surgeon would reduce your jaw below the screws. I don't think it would be a problem to remove them either, if he actually has to work in that area. If your double jaw surgery had a genioplasty included already, it should also be possible to remove the old screws and place new ones when redoing the chin.

Your double jaw surgery just has to have healed long enough and I believe they will tell you that is after 6 months.

Yes genioplasty I have a screw on the chin !
But they are all from Korea of course
I heard a scary story of a girl who had twojaw screw and did vline in Korea
The surgeon was not able to remove it and cut her jaw so bad

Ah yes, that's horrible. I'm sure that is an exception, but I understand that it is scary. However, there is a chance that removing the screws is at least difficult, if bone grew over them. If it makes you feel that much safer, removing them first is an option I guess, but comes with a lot of extra cost and downtime unfortunately. I think the screws are quite standardised worldwide. Doesn't the surgeon who did your double jaw do v-line as well or do you not want to have it done by the same one?

I didn’t want to suffer another surgery just to remove it.. that’s why
I think I will trust my surgeon and see if he managed to do it