BeautyHacker

Thoughts on Mina Plastic Surgery Clinic?

Has anyone been here or heard things about this clinic?

Everything online looks pretty dandy. They've got a 5 star rating (although only 12 reviews compared to other major clinics), has a great website, good customer service, situated in Gangnam, etc. But I'd like to know about some real experiences anyone can share or if any native Koreans have much knowledge about this clinic?

Will be much appreciated!

I personally haven't been there but I know for a fact that they are affiliated with Seoul Guide Medical (a plastic surgery agent). This means they may charge more than non affiliates even though SGM denies it but nothing is free~ I consulted with SGM before and Mina's quote was tiny bit higher than the rest that was suggested which was all situated in the same building, beside McDonald's on exit 12. I believe SGM is affiliated with all the clinics in that building. So even if you don't use SGM services to contact them, Mina will still transfer you to SGM representatives either way~

Are small clinics necessarily worse or better?

Honestly, I went to one of those big clinics in the Gangnam area that had several floors to their name (I can't name them because of contact issues which I'm still trying to get out of btw) But anyways, the tipplasty and implant I had became my worse nightmare. The moment I took off my gauze, my nose looked crooked. They told me to put tape around my nose to "push" it towards the other side to maybe fix the crookedness. I did that for several days and nothing came about. I asked them to check but all they did was tell me it's going to look better once the nose "settles." I couldn't believe what I heard, maybe they treated me like this cause I was a foreigner or maybe they didn't know what to do with their mistake. Their English interpreter was trying to say the right things but you can feel that they were trying to cover things up. Either way, I wanted a revision immediately done so I got recommended Answer Plastic Surgery by a friend of a friend. They had only one doctor and he looked at my nose and designed my nose, took pictures, and made sure my nose can be revised. He actually sat down and asked and answered all the questions I had for myself. Now, the nose looks way more centered and the implant doesn't protrude at all. I think Answer Plastic surgery was in the same building as Mina, but whatever, in my opinion, smaller the better because they specialize in only a small range of surgeries and they don't more than 3 a day.
Also, the big clinic pretty much made me get a consultation with a doctor twice that at the end didn't even do my surgery.

I agree with you 100%, smaller clinics are a much better choice. I also got my surgeries at Answer! and you are completely right that you can actually trust the doctors in smaller clinics to give you a good result because they will take their time with consultation and are not overworked compared to the doctors in big clinics. You often just get the doctor who is working on that day to perform your surgery with the bigger clinics (I have heard sometimes they even switch doctors without you knowing, once you go under anesthesia ) obviously this is impossible if there is just one doctor like with the smaller clinics. Anyways, Mina PS seems legit though!

• 2 weeks later...
So u had another revision surgery without waiting for 6 months?

I've had surgery with Dr Choi as well. Twice! One primary rhinoplasty and one revision. I agree, aftercare was rubbish, consultation was rubbish, doctor seemed dead but worst of all, I'm having to have a third rhinoplasty somewhere else. The translators though were absolutely amazing! They're the only good part of my trip to Answer. Don't always trust a clinic because its 'smaller' people please!

thank you for sharing~ I will keep that in mind

just had a consultation with Dr Choi from Answer this afternoon too. He did seem a little “dead” but he was just coming out from surgery. He was very straightforward and answered all my questions, did a model of what my nose would look like.

Can I ask what your aftercare experience was like? I got really amazing translators as well, they were Super helpful! I also got the most reasonable quote imo for rib cartilage rhinoplasty. This is my first rhinoplasty.

I did wait for 6-7 months but my face wasn't fully de-swollen or anything like that, so in my mind and everyone around me thought my revision was immediate. Thank goodness, I had family and that friend here that helped me translate the problems I had to the Dr.

Lol "Dead":biggrin: Yeah kinda but so what, he replied to all my questions and tried to respond to me in English and wanted get as much info on my primary surgery so he was better than other hospitals I went around to

I agree the doctor seemed a little dead.. but he was still really nice, and he was the only one I did a consultation with that actually showed me how my nose would look like through Photoshop. I ended up not doing Rhinoplasty at all but they would have been my no. 1 choice since my other friend, whos a teacher in Korea as well, did rhino there and her results were amazing. I went to one check-up with her and they answered all her questions in English. I don't know what the Korean staff were saying but I would have felt left out if I wouldn't know what the staff around me were saying..