BeautyHacker

Deposit required to book surgery

All clinics required 10% deposit to book surgery date. I plan to stay in SK for 10 days and have face to face consultation before selecting one clinic for surgery (Day 1 for consultation and day 2 for surgery)

Does anyone know if a clinic will refund your deposit if you choose NOT to have surgery there? Any suggestions.

Thanks

On 12/27/2019 at 6:09 AM, in2eeyor said:

All clinics required 10% deposit to book surgery date. I plan to stay in SK for 10 days and have face to face consultation before selecting one clinic for surgery (Day 1 for consultation and day 2 for surgery)

Does anyone know if a clinic will refund your deposit if you choose NOT to have surgery there? Any suggestions.

Thanks

Different clinics have different refund policies. Legally, clinics are only required to refund 90% of the surgery cost (i.e. not the 10% deposit) if you cancel 3 days before the surgery date. It is always good to ask for the clinic to provide the refund policy in black and white when you pay the deposit for avoidance of doubt in the event you would like to get a refund subsequently.

I wouldn't rush to book a surgery date unless you are super sure that you are going to go with the doctor. Paying the deposit means they know they have locked you in. Consequently,  

• 1) You lose your bargaining power to negotiate for lower prices
  • 2) They won't be so welcoming and may even make you wait for a fair bit before the f2f consult with the doctor if there are other potential patients which they have not managed to lock in
  • 3) You are at their mercy if they decide to shift your surgery date to slot in someone else or if the doctor is suddenly not available 

I would try to squeeze in as many consultations as possible on Day 1 (and Day 2 if needed). Remember to ask for the surgery dates after consultation (clinics are usually willing to shift local patients around to slot in international patients). You can refer to my other post on pre-surgery pointers and consultation questions for more details of questions you may wish to ask during the f2f consults (https://beautyhacker.com/topic/1015406-pre-surgery-pointers-list-of-consultation-questions/). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, somedayskiesareblue said:

Different clinics have different refund policies. Legally, clinics are only required to refund 90% of the surgery cost (i.e. not the 10% deposit) if you cancel 3 days before the surgery date. It is always good to ask for the clinic to provide the refund policy in black and white when you pay the deposit for avoidance of doubt in the event you would like to get a refund subsequently.

I wouldn't rush to book a surgery date unless you are super sure that you are going to go with the doctor. Paying the deposit means they know they have locked you in. Consequently,  

• 1) You lose your bargaining power to negotiate for lower prices
  • 2) They won't be so welcoming and may even make you wait for a fair bit before the f2f consult with the doctor if there are other potential patients which they have not managed to lock in
  • 3) You are at their mercy if they decide to shift your surgery date to slot in someone else or if the doctor is suddenly not available 

I would try to squeeze in as many consultations as possible on Day 1 (and Day 2 if needed). Remember to ask for the surgery dates after consultation (clinics are usually willing to shift local patients around to slot in international patients). You can refer to my other post on pre-surgery pointers and consultation questions for more details of questions you may wish to ask during the f2f consults (https://beautyhacker.com/topic/1015406-pre-surgery-pointers-list-of-consultation-questions/). 

Thank you so much somedayskies are blue for your advice! By the way, love your username, good choice!

• Like 1