BeautyHacker

Average Food/Shopping Budget For 2 Weeks?

Bruh

Question

I’ve saved 1k CAD to spend on food for my two week stay but I have no idea if this is enough or not. I plan to eat out a few times between consulting and near the end of my trip but during the key recovery period (rhino and DES) I was going to make simple meals. Could I possibly get away with a 500$ CAD budget? Would any veteran or frequent visitor mind sharing their budget?

Is the cuisine on the cheaper end in Korea? Like we aren’t looking for like 4 star Michelin tier restaurants. We are simple and just appreciate any tasty food. It would be nice to try one fancy meal over there though, but only if our budget allowed it.

One of the things I really want to eat is a good seafood jjajangmyun and jjampong. My partner wants to try the deep fried ddeok corn dogs that’s been trending lately.

3 answers to this question

On 1/15/2020 at 1:17 PM, Bruh said:

I’ve saved 1k CAD to spend on food for my two week stay but I have no idea if this is enough or not. I plan to eat out a few times between consulting and near the end of my trip but during the key recovery period (rhino and DES) I was going to make simple meals. Could I possibly get away with a 500$ CAD budget? Would any veteran or frequent visitor mind sharing their budget?

Is the cuisine on the cheaper end in Korea? Like we aren’t looking for like 4 star Michelin tier restaurants. We are simple and just appreciate any tasty food. It would be nice to try one fancy meal over there though, but only if our budget allowed it.

One of the things I really want to eat is a good seafood jjajangmyun and jjampong. My partner wants to try the deep fried ddeok corn dogs that’s been trending lately.

Hi there! I was in Korea last year for about 2 weeks as well and I bought around $1k CAD equivalent for food + spending. Personally, I would say it's more than enough 🙂 

For street food, each item may costs around $4-5,000 won on average. (myeong-dong area). As for cuisine in mid-tier restaurant, pricing for main courses are usually below $20,000 won unless you opt for fresh seafood/kbbq which can varies depending on the restaurant 🙂 

I also did some cooking during my recovery and I would suggest you to visit local supermarkets for groceries instead of big shopping malls. Groceries in malls tend to be pricer and I made the mistake by purchasing there in my first few days. Try to use Navermap to find local supermarket near your place 🙂 

Hope my experience helps! Cheers.

• Like 1

Thank you for your response Cupcake!! I’m always eager to save on some money! 😄

The street food is such a great deal!!! I can’t wait to get fat hahaha!

Do you know if the 7/11 convenience stores sell groceries? I have a BNB that is near one and I was planning to pick up some ingredients for cooking and some cheap instant food there? (My local 7/11 has some basic groceries so I was hoping Korea has similar products or better!)

• Like 1

No problem 🙂 

Hmm, their convenience stores usually don't sell groceries (e.g. veggies, raw meat) but they do sell a wide variety of instant food/ready-to-go meals! So don't worry about it getting food there. Also, they have other popular convenience store chains such as CU and GS25.

Cheers!

Edited by cupcake_star
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1