BeautyHacker

On 7/26/2020 at 1:46 PM, squeen1009 said:

wow! I think the surgery went really well. Most importantly I think it looks really natural, it just looks like you lost weight. I would love to hear more about your experience going there alone and how you handle the recovery by yourself? I am thinking about going alone as well, but afraid that I might be too uncomfortable from the surgery to do everything myself. Did the clinic help you with anything? 

thank you! funnily enough, I gained weight after the surgeries. feel free to message me on KKT with any specific questions and I'll try to get back to you. 

going alone was not too bad for the procedures that I had done. I think if I had something very invasive like double jaw or any type of bone shaving, I would want someone to be with me during recovery. but the most invasive procedure I had was rhinoplasty, and it was manageable to get around on my own. I definitely stocked up on food and drinks before the surgeries, though. Before getting rhino, I had planned out meals and bought enough food for 5 days post-op, but I ended up being well enough after 3 days to go out and eat at a restaurant 

I did ask the clinics to help me get taxis back to my airbnb after the surgeries since my Korean speaking ability is exactly 0. Otherwise, I got around using the metro! 

Edited by ChubbyBun

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Curiousbbops said:

Thanks for writing such a detailed and comprehensive review! You look amazing! Do you think if you got your nose done at Wannabe that you would be able to get it the same day as your eyes and other procedures? Just wondering how long my trip to korea needs to be. 

thank you! Yes, if I had bundled everything with Wannabe, they would have done everything on one day. Rhinoplasty still as the last procedure though

another B&a from more recently. still not keen on the selfie game. front view nose seems to be refining but not much change in the last month. I think I've lost some of the effects from threadlift. if I did another procedure in a couple of years, it might be some sort of face lift for the lower half of my face. wondering if I should keep up with the massater botox or not

SORRY GUYS, I'VE FAILED AT LABELING, THE MIDDLE ROW IS ACTUALLY 1 MONTH POST but it's not letting me replace the file ahahaha T_T

received_352921639038330.jpeg

Edited by ChubbyBun

• 4 weeks later...

Hey @ChubbyBun! I love your results. We have sort of similar jaws -- do you recommend getting the threadlift/accusculpt? i have very chubby cheeks and i definitely plan on getting masseter botox. I heard some cons about getting a threadlift, but I was wondering if you thought personally a combination of the three procedures went well for you. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2020 at 12:40 AM, strawberrytea said:

Hey @ChubbyBun! I love your results. We have sort of similar jaws -- do you recommend getting the threadlift/accusculpt? i have very chubby cheeks and i definitely plan on getting masseter botox. I heard some cons about getting a threadlift, but I was wondering if you thought personally a combination of the three procedures went well for you. 

Hi @strawberrytea! Sorry for the late reply

Speaking personally for my results-- I honestly don't see much of a result from the Accusculpt/threadlift combo, and I'm not really sure it was worth it.

• during the first month, my face was very swollen and I wore a compression band for >6 hours a day, longer if I could tolerate it. I felt like I looked like a pumpkin during this time
  • by the second month, the swelling went down but I had limited range of motion in my face, specifically from the threads. I would feel a sharp painful tugging sensation when I smiled or opened my mouth wide. I couldn't even laugh without it hurting! However, my lower face did look slimmer during this time.
  • by the third or fourth month, I felt like the threadlift wore off. I had my range of motion back, but I noticed my jowls/jawline reverting back to what it previously was (rounder, lower), although with slightly less volume (since the Accusculpt removed some fat).

I don't feel I can recommend this combination of procedures because the results were VERY temporary for me. It's possible that getting more threads (I had 8 Mint threads, 4 on each side) or your personal physiology might produce longer lasting results. 

• 4 months later...

Well gang, it's been one year since my operations so this'll be my last update on this thread. 

A summary:

• very satisfied with eyes from Dr. Chang of Wannabe, they were exactly what I asked for. The scar from DES is just a thin light line and I have no issues whatsoever
  • threadlift was okay for a month or two but didn't last. save your money for a facelift, unless you're just looking for a temporary lift for a wedding or special occasion
  • acculift along jawline did slim my jaw a bit, but my issue is not fat, it's just sagging due to age. i'm 30 this year :')
  • pretty satisfied with fat graft. I feel that the right amount of fat was retained on my forehead and temples
  • undereye fat repositioning also looks good. i never have hollows under my eyes no matter how tired I actually am
  • not satisfied with nose from Dr. Jin of Premium Nose Clinic. the tip is still bulbous, and it actually healed slightly crooked. this might've been my fault for getting hit, but the result is the result. i feel that i have too much nostril showing, and it feels like the tip dropped too much and/or there's supratip fullness. i don't know what the exact issue is, but i'm not pleased with it.

Overall, I'm very pleased with my experience and results with Wannabe. I would probably go back there if I felt that they would be able to do a good job with revision rhino, but I don't feel that's their specialty.

I'll be looking into revision rhino, not necessarily in South Korea, but I may just also learn to live with it. My photos this time around were super low effort with my cell phone front camera and I'm tired, but this is pretty much what I look like 🙂 Hope this helps someone make the right decision, and I'm still on KKT to answer questions (KKT: Chubbybun).

210302.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

3.5 year post update 😳 can't believe it's been so long. I still think about revision rhino sometimes, but it doesn't affect my quality of life, just my vanity lol. I also think about facelift because I have lower face sagging due to age and loss of mass from masseter Botox and accusculpt. however, I'm not in a rush to do these things and am still waiting to find the right doctor.

image.png