BeautyHacker

DES and hump rhino at Wannabe! (12 days post op)

Hi everyone! It's been 2 months now and I am back with another progress report as promised!

Sorry for it being so late in the day, my job has been hectic and I was pretty caught up with video games hahah!

So a few things to note! My internal stitches FINALLY came out! I think it was maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago that they started to come out; I did have to kind of dig my nose with a q tip to kinda encourage that but it didn't hurt or anything. And another TMI thing is like.... I keep getting HUGE boogers, it's really annoying. That's why I keep sticking q tips in there and cleaning my nose hahah.

I still diligently put on the scar cream on my nose and eyes, and I can see when my nose incision site is dry, there is like the tiniest kind of "silver line"? And if I irritate that area (like if I eat something hot and spicy and my nose runs) the area gets a bit red but I think it's always been like that for me.

My eyes are healing like really well now though! There's still a couple of dark "spots" where I guess it was threaded? But it's barely noticeable now.

Just going to note this because I know people worry about this sort of stuff: I noticed in the photo this time my nostril asymmetry is more apparent; I think it's a distortion/angle from the camera that makes it look more like that. It didn't really change that much from last month. I just got too lazy to take a better photo and tbh almost forgot to post today hahah. It's really hard to take consistent photos in this angle; I basically bring my phone close up to my face and angled below my nose where I can barely see the button to press it. Plz forgive me for those inconsistencies, I'll let you know if it's something alarming though hahaha!

On there I am wearing the scar cream. Basically when I wear this scar cream, I noticed that where the incision is made, it's basically invisible. I guess the trick is, as long as it's moisturized, that line will stay pretty much invisible?

Other than that, I am just enjoying my new eyes and nose. I almost forget I had anything done until I look in a mirror and just feel happy LOL. I go into my digital work meetings without make up and no one noticed. I think I made the right choice to go natural; I still look like me, but like way better!! I had a video chat with a friend too, and she didn't say anything about my change in appearance. It's like she doesn't even know? I'm glad cause if I can put off the awkward "oh yeah I had plastic surgery" talk for as long as possible, that'd be great HAHAHA.

BTW I am kind of going to go AWOL on Kakaotalk. I never really used this app in the first place, and I'm not much of a social media person tbh. Sorry if anyone messages and don't get a response for a long time. I'll check in once in a while when I can.

OK see you guys in month 3! (June 1st!) I'm going to go play my video games hahaha

• 1 month later...
Hi guys! I've returned for the 3 month update! Sorry I am technically a day late, but it's like midnight where I live. I took the photos earlier in the day and just put off posting for a while since I had work and video game commitments hahaha!

I can't say that much has changed since last month. My only concerns and thoughts were this:
I'm not sure if you can really tell in this photo (last month's photo you can see this a bit more clearly), but if I run my finger along the bridge, I feel a slight bump where my new bridge is (which is where my septum cartilage would have been added.) This creates a bit of a "dent" in the middle of my nose bridge, but I am staying patient and seeing if this is just partially swelling and maybe my body needs time to absorb some of the cartilage to make a smooth line. I'm not super concerned since that I know my bone was very high up my nose bridge, so I don't think it's a collapse, but rather some left-over swelling of some sort. I was warned many times that the mid to tip would be the last parts of the swelling to go away, and that it lasts the longest! I am just at the 3 month mark, so maybe on the 6th month it will have improved by then. It is also very slight, I feel it more than I see it in the mirror or in the photos I take.

I tried to post a less distorted version of my nostrils since last time's looked weird. I think it's as symmetrical as it gets. I really can't see the scar at this point on the collumnella. I think it might be my lighting and maybe imagination, but I think one side of my nose is de-swelling a bit faster than the other side around my nose tip? It's a bit more defined looking? My nose bridge is also looking a bit more defined and narrow, but in a nice way!

I laugh and talk normally, I still feel stiffness when I make the motion where my upper lip is curled in so that my bottom teeth can touch it. (It's just a bad habit of mine that I do to peel the upper lip skin LOL...) It feels like I can't really do that anymore, or that I am still afraid to do that haha.... I was advised against doing this because it would create tension on the scar, but I can't really do that anyways. Not a huge loss but I thought I should share. I don't have trouble closing my lips or anything.

My eyes seem like they are pretty much all healed up. There's still some very very tiny left over scars. I admit I haven't been as diligent lately with putting on my cream hahah. I put it on maybe like every 3 or 4 days now for both eyes and nose. This isn't deliberate, I just got lazy.

I haven't tried wearing make up yet. This lock down in Canada is still going strong although we are loosening restrictions little by little. I'm in a work from home situation so I have very little reason to go outside. My bf usually does the groceries for us and we just order food/supplies to our door. My close friend has seen my eyes (I wore a mask) once in person when dropping off a gift, and she didn't mention anything about how different I looked. I guess it's not that noticeable? I'm glad; I just wanted a natural MBB look!

I still sleep with my neck pillow (seriously so comfy) but I don't really sleep on my back anymore. I just use it to make sure my nose doesn't get crushed on the pillow or something. I sleep on my sides again... sometimes I have weird dreams about my nose falling off or getting terribly distorted or something but that's about it hahaha! I have fears about my nose job going wrong even still, but when I look in the mirror I look totally fine. Best thing I think I can do is just relax and wait a full year since everyone's healing progress is different.

And that's all I can think about that is significant about my eyes/nose. I honestly forget that I had anything done and just live life as usual. I guess though it is nice to look in the mirror and realize how much better I look now even while disheveled looking hahah.

See you guys in the 4th month! (July 1st!)

Your result looks good and I'm glad you are happy with it. Thank you for consistently posting updates and I appreciate the little details (like what you said about stiffness when curling your upper lip) so that I can mentally prepare for it haha.

The entire region of your nose is basically numb and swollen.
It will last from 6 months to a year.
It is a really weird feeling.
But what you need to really be careful of is that you do not accidentally bump or hit your nose.
It sounds easy, but if you have never gotten rhinoplasty you really touch or hit your nose (especially the tip) more than you think. It is something you will need to adjust to for the rest of your life.