BeautyHacker

My FG Experience At Item Clinic

Hey readers, I just wanted to share my fat grafting experience, since it was really hard for me to find a good thread on here when I was doing my research. I got full face fat grafting done one month ago and would like to give you guys some insights of my surgery and the recovery process.

For the past few years, I realized I was losing volume on my face. I ignored it for a while, but it kept getting worse, so I decided to do some research. I had f2f consultations with Piena Clinic, Lovely An, Item, JK, and Hyundai. After comparing all the details from each clinic, I decided to go with Dr. Kim Jin Sung from Item Clinic for many reasons. Price being number one. Hyundai and Item had the most reasonable prices, but Item offered me a free touch up. Safety being number two. Uninformed doctor substitution was something I saw mentioned in some of the group chats that I’m in so I was relieved to learn that Item does not participate in ghost surgeries, they have a 1-on-1 anesthesiologist, and an emergency back up medical system. Sometimes it’s awkward to ask these straightforward questions, but I think it’s really important and I recommend you ask which doctor will be performing your surgery from beginning to end. After I got done asking Joy and the consultant millions of questions, I finally met with Dr. Kim. He asked me about my concerns and then he gave me some suggestions. We decided to do a full-face fat grafting to balance out my overall look since I had a few depressed areas on my face. Dr. Kim was very knowledgeable, and I like how he aims to give his patients the most natural, yet aesthetically pleasing results. I booked my appointment and had my surgery on March 24th. Below is a timeline of my surgery and recovery process.

Day of surgery: On the day of my surgery, I first met with Joy who helped me prep for surgery. We did the usual pre-surgery things like… take before pictures, wash my face, change into my surgery clothes, sign paperwork, and then I had one final consultation with Dr. Kim before my surgery. After my surgery, I woke up in the recovery room where I waited for about an hour before I left and then I went home. Item gave me an after-care treatment bag that had my post-surgery medications, and pumpkin juice. When I got home from the clinic, my legs were extremely sore, and I was unable to sit without being in pain. I had to take some Tylenol to help me sleep that night.

Day after surgery: My face was extremely swollen. I noticed I had a little bit of discomfort under my eyes. It wasn’t anything painful. But here and there, it felt like something was pressing under my eyes and my eyes would become watery whenever I made certain facial expressions. While I experience no pain on my face, my thighs were a different story. They harvest my fat from the back of the thighs, so those areas were extremely sore. It was hard to move, sit, lie down, use the bathroom and etc. Item gave me some medication for the pain, but I ended up taking some Tylenol before going to bed that night as well.

Day 2-3: My face pretty much looked the same. It was still swollen, but I didn’t mind because I loved having volume on my face. The areas that were injected with fat felt hard, but it didn’t hurt. My chin was pretty sensitive for a few days and I felt some discomfort when I tried to smile. My thighs continued to be sore and It was still hard for me to move around and use the bathroom. Day 3 was when I started bruising in-between my thighs. I contacted Joy, sent her a picture of my bruises and she said it was totally normal to bruise in those areas.

Day 7: I had my one-week post-op appointment at Item. I first met with Joy who took me to the post-op room where I got the dressings that were on my thighs removed. They also removed the two small stitches that I had on the back of my thighs. I was really surprised by how painless the whole process was for me. I didn’t even know she was done removing my stitches until she told me it was okay for me to pull my pants up. The old bruises persisted and new bruises would appear every other day. At this point, my thighs were not as sore. I was able to move and sit with no problem. Thank God!

Day 14: The swelling from the right side of my face had subsided and most of the swelling from the left side of my face as well. The left side of my face looked bigger than the right. Dr. Kim said he added more fat to the left side of my face because it was more depressed than the right side. My bruises had started fading and my face was looking a lot more natural.

1 Month: I just reached my one-month mark and I am so happy with my results so far. I still think the left side of my face is still bigger than the right side so I did contact the clinic about this concern, but they reassured me that Dr. Kim injected more fat to that side to even out my overall look. So I will continue to be patient and give you guys an updated review in another month. But overall, I love how my face no longer looks dry and depressed. It now looks healthy, glowy and most importantly... it has volume. Hopefully, you find this post helpful.

Note: Please PM me if you'd like to see some b&a pictures and I'll also update this post in a month.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I have received some messages with people asking me the same questions so I figured it would be best to post an update answering some of those questions. Please look at my first post before sending me messages asking me questions about things that I have already answered.

It’s been two months since my full face FG surgery at Item clinic and I think I have reached my final results. I am so happy with the outcome! My face looks healthier, fuller, and glowy. My nose no longer looks protruded and my overall look is a lot more balanced. I previously mentioned that the left side of my face was a little bigger than my right side and that is still the case. It’s not really noticeable to others, but I am my biggest critique so of course I notice it... especially when I smile. I have my touch up appointment in a month so I plan to correct the asymmetry then. I am so happy that Item Clinic provides this touch-up for free since I feel like this is one of those surgeries where you can never really tell what the final results will look like because it all depends on how much fat survives during the recovery process. A few people asked me if I would recommend Item Clinic or Dr. Kim and my answer is YES! Dr. Kim is knowledgeable, he’s honest and he always considers your overall look. The staffs at Item were sweet and they’re supportive. Sometimes I message Joy or Lisa late at night and they respond right away or first thing in the morning. I never had to wait a long time for a response. I believe the aftercare is just as important as the actual procedure so please make sure you will receive good aftercare wherever you decide to have your surgery.

There are some things that I would like to mention before ending my review. 1) Your thighs may be sore for up to a week or longer. 2) Please keep in mind that you may look swollen for more than three weeks. 3) Your face will look uneven during the recovery journey, but it will get better every week. There is still a chance that you will need a touch-up to either add more fat or remove some fat. It’s easier to add more fat than to remove the fat so go the conservative route and it just add more fat if needed. 4) If you’re looking for quick results, I don’t recommend FG. You’ll probably get quicker results with fillers. BUT if you’re someone like me who doesn’t want to waste money on fillers every year and prefers something more permanent, then I highly recommend getting FG done. Thanks for reading my post and I hope you found it somewhat helpful.

Please PM me if you would like to see b&a pictures.

Hi dear, thank you for your informative

Hi PMed, please check thank you.