BeautyHacker

My consultation journey for DES + primary rhinoplasty (Wannabe, Cocoline, Dr Jin, etc)

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for a very comprehensive timeline of your consultation progress. Speaking of kakaoing the clinics you mentioned, I can't seem to find their kakao ID anywhere. Can you advise me on how to obtain their kakao id please?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

This will probably be one of my last updates for this particular thread, unless I discover a clinic I really like. I will be going to Korea during late spring - early summer, and will be compiling my thoughts and journey as well as tips once I have gone and come back in a new thread as this thread was strictly for consultation purposes!

I have finalized my decision to go to Luho for my double eyelid surgery. We have agreed to do incisional DES with ptosis correction with Dr. Kim. They said that epicanthoplasty seems unnecessary from my pictures, but they will further assess once we meet in person. The price is 2.2 million won, but can be negotiated to up to 1.5 million won. I have no social media presence or any sort of leverage I can use besides perhaps agreeing to write reviews on both Gangnam Unni and here (which I was already planning on doing), so I want to be transparent in the prices, which I have been doing throughout this entire thread :). 

I will also be doing masseter botox and (maybe) brow botox with them -- masseter botox is 100,000 won. 

I also asked about their rhinoplasty, and for alarplasty, bridge enhancement with silicone, tipplasty (with ear and septal cartilage), the total cost is 2.16 million won if you choose to participate in the event (inclusive of VAT). Please note that they do allow foreigners to partake in events, but I think this is highly contingent on your ability to write/speak Korean (I consulted in Korean) as they ask you to leave reviews on Gangnam Unni and such. The price for the surgeries mentioned above without the event price is 3.85 million won. Dr Kim is the only one who does rhinoplasty at Luho. From my PERSONAL experience, it seems like hes best at providing very very natural results, and his best work seems to be people who have a hump. Though the price was tempting, I was worried that I would end up with TOO natural of results, and I do not have a hump, so I decided to go elsewhere. However, if you meet the criteria, I definitely think it's not a bad choice. 

** Please note that I spoke in Korean during the whole Kakao consultation, which could've resulted in the slightly lower prices. Though they do slightly price gauge (they know I am a foreigner, and other foreigners who have contacted them in English got a slightly higher price than I did, but it was not a significantly higher price), I believe it is on par with other clinics. Dr. Park specializes in revision DES only, which is why I got Dr. Kim.

*** As I mentioned in my previous posts, Luho allows for foreigners to participate in events, but they only have events for rhinoplasty and natural adhesion DES, so I can't participate anyways LOL.

For my primary rhinoplasty, I will most likely be going to Item. I hope to do it with Dr. Kim, who will be opening his own clinic -- aka JT. I will be posting my consultation with them once they are officially open. I also am considering doing my forehead fat graft with Dr. Kim, but I will finalize on that once I go in person, as I hope to get a better gauge regarding my profile from him directly. I do not have a specific price set as they mentioned the prices will be different from Item. I will most likely either do my rhinoplasty the same day as my eyes, or 1-3 days. 

Item quoted me roughly 4 million won for my rhinoplasty, but I expect the price to be different -- most likely lower.

** As previously mentioned, they only allow foreigners to participate in events if they can speak Korean. I consulted them with English, so I will update on whether they will let me participate in person. They also mentioned that the prices are flexible anyways and can be negotiated, so remember to ask! I suspect that they will be more lenient as Dr. Kim will need publicity/spread the word that he has opened his own clinic. 

-> UPDATE: As JT opened, they have posted a lot of events. The events as seen on Gangnam Unni say that you can only participate if you are a Korean citizen. If you can speak Korean however, I still think it's worth bringing that up (maybe offer to write reviews on Gangnam Unni and PF/BH). 

I will most likely be settled on these two clinics unless I find another clinic whose rhinoplasty results I really like. I am set on Luho as Luho does amazing work on people who have thick skin and I have seen a lot of results from people with similar eyes. Dr. Kim (from Item) seems to specialize in outfold, high parallel creases, which I personally do not want, which is why I have decided to go to two separate clinics, despite the hassle. I am aiming for natural results, so please keep that in mind as well if you are hoping for dolly results. Dr. Kim (Item) seems capable of doing both natural and dolly -- I would describe his aesthetic as an inbetween, while Luho is definitely very natural. 

Edited by strawberrytea
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

Here is my final post for all my consultations! I will post a comprehensive review on 1) quarantine and the quarantine process and 2) my eyes and nose after 3 months post op. 

I consulted with JT (formerly Item). They were slightly slower than usual, but I heard it is due to them still setting up their clinic at the time. I stated that they quoted me 4 million when they were still Item, but that was a mistake due to my blurry memory. If you read my first post, you can see that Item actually quoted me 4.6 million won. 

For silicone and septal cartilage for tip, the price is 3.25 million won. Note that this does not include anything like osteotomy, hump removal, alar reduction, etc. I do not have a hump, so please bear in mind that your prices if you choose to consult with JT may differ. If you end up using donor rib instead of septal, the price would be 3.9 million won. Previously, Item said that they may consider osteotomy for me, but JT said it does not seem necessary from the new photos I sent (I also sent in a video that showed my front and side profiles in motion). Forehead fat graft only costs 1.3 million won. I am no longer going to get the fat graft, but thought I should include that since I asked and there may be people who are interested.

The total cost for my surgery specifically will be 5.59 million won, with the price breakdown as follows: 3.25 mil for silicone and septal, 650,000 for donor rib at the tip, 650,000 for bulbous nose correction, and 1.04 mil for alarplasty.

They also said that discounts are negotiable in person, and past patients have said that they seem to prefer cash (10% off if you pay in cash). The price is also inclusive of any medicine and post op care that you will receive after. Luho in contrast does not include meds in the cost -- it seems like you will have to go to a pharmacy to go pick them up (which is also the case for some other clinics). 

In order to make a deposit, it is $300. That $300 would be used to pay for your surgery in the end, so it would be around 5.29 million won when it's time to pay, assuming I somehow fail to negotiate any discounts at all (which I highly doubt). I have put down my deposit for both Luho and JT, wish me luck! 

Edited by strawberrytea

• 2 months later...

@strawberrytea - thank you so much for sharing such comprehensive write ups!! (Including prices and promotion participation eligibility - as a foreigner, it’s super insightful!) JT is at the top of my list. Since I prefer dolly eyes, I’ll looking into Premier too.

Edited by krystal

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have gotten my procedures done at Luho and posted a very extensive 2 week diary. I will not be sharing B&A photos, and prices stated in this thread are accurate to what I paid. I will state that I most likely got these prices because I was able to communicate with the consultant (who is the person you initially negotiate with) in full Korean, and my nose and eyes were relatively straight forward. 

As you can see, I was initially looking to do my nose and eyes at separate clinics. However, I was thrown off by JT's consultants as they were pushy and not willing to negotiate, and after reading more of Dr. Kim (Luho)'s reviews and seeing more B&As, I thought they were a bit more diverse whereas I personally thought JT's noses seemed to follow a certain style. However, I think both of them do lovely noses so I am not saying one clinic is better than the other, but rather that Luho's aesthetics aligned better with mine. 

Thanks for following me through this journey!

Edited by strawberrytea
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...