BeautyHacker

Seeking advice/suggestions about doing septoplasty and rhinoplasty together

Hi everyone,

I've been considering to have rhinoplasty done for the longest time, but I also have a deviated septum which makes breathing difficult through my one nostril. I've read that septoplasty and rhinoplasty should be done together so I was hoping to get both done in Korea. 

I was wondering if someone could share their experience with these procedures or may have had a similar issue? Thank you for your time!

Edited by cool water
  • Like 1

• cool water changed the title to Seeking advice/suggestions about doing septoplasty and rhinoplasty together

@cool water it's very common to have the both procedures done at once. The term is called a septorhinoplasty.

A septorhinoplasty is a two purpose procedure / surgery. First, it straightens or repairs your septum (the bone and cartilage in your nose that separates your nostrils), which can improve appearance while improving your breathing and functionality of your nose. And the second purpose is it to alter the shape of your nose.

In Korea you will have 2 options for who can perform this procedure.

1. Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon - These are surgeons who can improve function, but their focus and practice is primarily focused on cosmetics and aesthethics.
  2. Ear Nose Throat or Otorhinolaryngologist - These are doctors who specialize in nose surgery for improved function who may have developed aesthetic and cosmetic techniques along the way.

Which one out of the two are you thinking about going to?

• Thanks 1

On 6/21/2021 at 6:51 PM, kino said:

@cool water it's very common to have the both procedures done at once. The term is called a septorhinoplasty.

A septorhinoplasty is a two purpose procedure / surgery. First, it straightens or repairs your septum (the bone and cartilage in your nose that separates your nostrils), which can improve appearance while improving your breathing and functionality of your nose. And the second purpose is it to alter the shape of your nose.

In Korea you will have 2 options for who can perform this procedure.

1. Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon - These are surgeons who can improve function, but their focus and practice is primarily focused on cosmetics and aesthethics.
  2. Ear Nose Throat or Otorhinolaryngologist - These are doctors who specialize in nose surgery for improved function who may have developed aesthetic and cosmetic techniques along the way.

Which one out of the two are you thinking about going to?

Hey thanks for the reply!

I think the second option may be the best option for me

In any case, I think I'll have to do more research on this. Thank you again for all the information!

Edit: On second thought, I might need to just wait until I can do in person consultations before making a decision. I'm thinking depending on the severity of the deviated septum, I can opt into the first option. I'll try to do the online consultations and see where it goes.

Edited by cool water
See edit under post
  • Like 1