BeautyHacker

Nerve sensitivity and numbness after FC

Hi, I've been doing a lot of research and one of the clinic I'm interested in has a trend of reviewers saying they have numbness or nerve sensitivity ranging from 5 months to 11 months post op on bbt. 

I think I read somewhere at some point that in general, numbness can last from between 6 to 12 months before you cant expect it to subside, however I can no longer find where I read this and am also not sure how reliable this information is. 

If someone has an idea, please let me know how long is the normal amount of time for numbness to persist and if I should be concerned with the clinic I mentioned above. Looking for advice, please!

• 1 month later...

Hi! Numbness for me lasted for a couple months, but don't know the exact time as I didn't write anything down. When your nerves heal you can feel a little weird sting as if electricity ran through a small area of your face? That's the best I can describe it. I'm 4 years post op and I only have about 40~50% numbness on my lower gums and it has never bothered me.

• 2 months later...

im 7 months, I was on and off with the compression wrap which was not good, but now I still feel numbness when i touch both cheekbone , one side has static nerve sensation when i put on eye eyeshadow on my lower eyelid which not sure will heal... btw got mine done at view with Jeong Jin Wook. will do a review as I get a chance..since im not that happy with this result

• 1 month later...

i'm 3 years post op for double jaw surgery for a bimaxillary osteotomy; 

My initial numbness wasn't a full numbness it was a partial numbness where it's just not as deep of a sensation when I pressed on certain corners of my chin / lower cheek / jaw near the impacted areas. It feels a bit like when you bring your hand out of super cold water and there's a weird dull sensation to touch.

It will take around a year to fully recover but if you feel no sensation post op it means the nerve is damaged. I no longer have sensation in parts of my upper and lower gum (the area where they cut out and moved) but it's fine. my teeth oddly can still feel so atleast I know i"m chewing. 

fortunately never had any major static or numbness issues but I will for sure say the healing process while your teeth are bound together for a week where you eat through a tube is one of the most interesting experiences. I didn't find it too terrible, no idea how I lived through that back then but if you go in watching enough videos of real patients expectations you get a strong mentality of what to expect.

Hi guys sorry my English is really bad but I really need to find out that if it’s normal or not?. I had gyzoma reduction v line surgery in 2019 and my down chin are still numb and I always feel pain and always have glands due to pain.. do you girls who have been through these procedures have same symptoms or not ??