BeautyHacker

Does raising the nasal bridge have essentially the same effect as epicanthoplasty?

I'm scheduled to have Asian blepharoplasty (double eyelid surgery). I have double eyelids but the outer eyelid droops down too low. Anyway, I'll be doing the double eyelids in conjunction with epicanthoplasty to widen the eyes a tad (nothing drastic). However, I'm also planning on raising my nasal bridge next year. When I pull forward on my nasal skin at the bridge, I notice that the eyes widen all by itself. Should I hold off on the epicanthoplasty, just get the double eyelid done for now, do the nose next year, and then gauge whether I need an epicanthoplasty, at that point in time? I figure going wide is much easier than than going back narrow. The double eyelid and the epicanthoplasty need not be done at the same time, right? Thanks in advance.

i was thinking the same thing (i am not planning on blepharoplasty though).

i think the nasal bridge will pull the skin up a bit but it won't be as much as epicanthalplasty. it you can predict how much you will have your bridge augmented and try to pull you skin up by approximately that much you can make a decent prediction of the outcome. but if you have only a small augmentation it won't make too much of a difference

i would recommend getting a nose job first, then blepharoplasty if you still want it since the skin on the bridge can affect the eyes

i also have a problem with droopy skin over the eyes even though i have double eyelids but its only when i just wake up or if i spend too much time on the computer. it looks a lot better when i'm awake or when i'm smiling

Thanks for replying.

Yea I tried simulating a higher nose bridge by pinching my skin above the bridge and pulling slightly. It seems any slight pulling readily stretches the epicanthal fold toward the nose, which is why I'm afraid to do the epicanthoplasty now, since even without it, it would seem as if raising the bridge even slightly will create a look I don't like.

As for holding off on the double eyelid bleph altogether, I have already put down a nonrefundable deposit. And since I have tapered creases that go underneath the fold, I'm thinking any slight amount of bridge height increase won't affect the eyelid surgery. What do you think? I'm thinking I do the double eyelid revision now, do the nose, and then see if I need any epicanthoplasty at all (I'm thinking probably not at that point).

i think the best thing to do would be nose job, then blepharoplasty (since you already have double lids). the nose job might alter the eyes a tiny bit, but since this is unlikely:if you are adamant about getting the double eyelid surgery, then it should be just as good to do it before the nose.

the epicanthalplasty should really be held off on until you do the nose job though, since the nose job could potentially affect the folds. it's best to do it incrementally so that the risk of going overboard is minimised.

let me know how the epi folds turn out after the nose job though. i'm interested in these same procedures