BeautyHacker

My experience with ID factory in full report...i mean ID hospital

An extract of the full report( full report is below the extract):

Problems caused on my face after acculift and sliding genio and mini v line in ID hospital by Dr Park done at 4/2012

2.)over sucked acculift(lipo) on the cheeks causing depression (a massive dent on the cheeks)
3.) left and right cheek completely asymmetrical as well one side has more fat being suck and the other less
4.) over corrected in chin reduction that cause chin looks detached form the top half f the face
5.) Irregularies of the chin, the right side looks as if someone took a bite from it while the left side is less sevre
6.) Nerve damage, lower teeth still feels numb 1 year after the operation

Nearly a year after the surgery 3/2013:

I finally booked my ticket to go back, to search for a solution and an answer or an apology from them.

A meeting with Dr Park almost 1 year after the surgery:

They sent a consultant to see me first, her name is Ena to discuss what is wrong. I successfully obtained an important piece of proof from her:
During our conversation I asked her ‘its not Dr Park who did the operation right?’
She hastily replied out of panic ‘ well but he is the one made sure everything is alright before the operation and he monitors things after the operation too…’
I caught this on my portable recorder. Bingo.

So Park came in after a long wait. He didn’t even make to effort to be polite. He coldly asked me what the problem is again after I explained in details with Ena for 20 mins.

A.)
I didn’t even have the time to explain things since he is so impatient and kept interrupting me with ‘I don’t know what you are saying’ every 2 seconds, which I am guessing that means ‘ I refuse to admit I did a **** job’
B.)
When I indicated too much bone has been removed, oddily he replied:’ YOUR CHIN IS ORGINALLY THIS SMALL I didn’t remove any bone! What are you talking about?!! It takes 6 years of medical knowledge to understand the mechanism so I wont bother’
wtf??!! Not only he didn’t do the operation, he didn’t even make the effort to read my file properly before entering the room, he didn’t even know Mini-V was done beside genioplasty since he was the one who suggested I have a bigger chin than I needed. He also didn’t bother explaining and treated me like a retard.
Out of anger I said:’ do you know ‘you’ did a mini- V line on me as well? No you don’t! because you didn’t do the operation’
He panicked, startled for a few seconds and replied “ I have so many patients I don’t know…’
Then kept laughing oddly and coldly in a very creepy way for the rest of the conversation,” don’t try to make me say things…’
I guess in translation that means’ don’t try to trick me into admitting I swooped ****ty surgeon with no license for you”
C.)
I then asked about the over correction of acculift ( too much fat has been sucked form my cheeks at the WRONG place) he compared 2 pictures, I pointed at my hollow cheeks and point at the before surgery picture for him to compare, he answered ‘ I don’t know what happened to you , what happened to you this year?’ In translation:’ you must have been through some unknown trauma that cause your cheeks to suddenly go from full to hollow, its your problem and your fault’ I answered him by telling him I purposely gain 15 pounds after surgery to make up for the hollowness so I won’t look so horrible by the surgical mistake. He paused, said ‘umm’ then rapidly left the room suddenly without further explanations
D.) I haven’t even had the chance to mention about my nerve damage before he randomly left the room without a saying goodbye

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My experience with ID factory in full report.

An advice to people who planned to go to Korea-

Like many of you I come to this forum to do my research, looking for the ‘best doctor’ to fix those little flaws on our face/body.

Going to Korea to do plastic surgery was the worse decision in my life. Many of you, including me just focused on the successfully ‘created’ artificial beauties like angelababy, fan bingbing..etc but neglected how dangerous it is to let someone whom you have never even done a proper research on to open up your face and saw half of your face off, putting something artificial in your nose or cut off skins of your eyelids.

Let me tell you how did I end up,
1.) seriously scarred ,unnatural and asymmetrical eyelids
2.)over sucked acculift(lipo) on the cheeks causing depression (a massive dent on the cheeks)
3.) left and right cheek completely asymmetrical as well one side has more fat being suck and the other less
4.) over corrected in chin reduction that cause chin looks detached form the top half f the face
5.) Irregularies of the chin, the right side looks as if someone took a bite from it while the left side is less sevre
6.) Nerve damage, lower teeth still feels numb 1 year after the operation

all problems listed from 2-6 is cause by ID hospital, or shall I call it a factory?

First of all, those of you who’s heard of Dr. Park’s ‘great work’ and had looked at those ‘fabulous pictures’ of ID hospital, I’d have to say sorry, everything is a big fat lie.

Dr Park doesn’t do Any of the surgeries in ID hospital, he is a business man who owns this so-called hospital and runs it like a factory , why do I know? It’s actually a ‘public secret’, everyone who works in ID knows it but doesn’t talk about it. Dr Park only does the consultants and pretends to be the one who does the operations, to be honest, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out he doesn’t do the operation since he is in the consultation room ALL DAY LONG. He uses his fame by commercials, going on TV shows and photo-shopping all those fabulous pictures hanging all over the ID building to attract young ignorant foreigners like us( 9 out of 10 staff speaks chinese) and swoop CHEAP, INEXPERIENCED SO-CALLED ‘SURGEONS’ to do the dirty job.

I have personally spoken to more than 30 cases of people who suffered from failed surgery/surgeries from ID, anywhere from
Eyes, nose , chin to jaws. Most of them are severe cases that could not be reverse such as...
Case A - nose:
(Indonesian girl, 28, about to get married, had to put wedding on hold because of the failed surgery)
nose being completely bent or twisted after surgery due to incorrect placement of ear cartilage or silcone , causing ’ piggy nose’

Case B- jaws :
( British boy, 24, just graduated, penniless and jobless as well as serve depression due to the failed surgery)
Entire rupture of the whole face since he performed 2 jaw surgery, the right half of the face and the left half of the face is completely unparalleled( as if 2 sides of the face are not joined together).

Case C- chin:
(American-chinese girl, 31, severely depressed and grew apart from family and friends because of the failed surgery)
This woman had a similar experience with me, she performed a Mini-V-line surgery, indicating she dislike a sharp and pointy chin to Dr Park ( as I did too, many times ) before the operation, the outcome is not only exactly opposite from what she requested, but leaving the chin too small and dislocated from the rest of the face.

*The above 3 cases are just examples, there are still many many more cases reported in detailed with pictures of the victims in my blog which is currently under construction- please feel free to message me for the site of the blog.*

Before operation:

I originally came to ID on a recommendation of a friend, I didn’t have much expectation for any major surgeries because I was just hoping to get a small lipo from 2 small lumps near to my lips on my cheek that makes me look a bit like a chewing, I wasn’t chubby on my face, it was perfectly full besides these 2 little lumps which made my face look a bit out of portion, and the fact that my face is full( well portioned with fat) makes me look young, which was one of the qualities that I am proud off and happy with, however whoever who did the acculift took this nice quality away from me.

April 2012
They insisted a doing a CT scan on me (they charge for the CT scan if you don’t perform an operation after the consultation) even though I strongly requested for a consultation with a surgeon that does lipo like acculift( I don’t see the point as I wasn’t planning to do anything with the bone) , but at the end unwillingly I did the CT scan since they refused to arrange anthing without a CT scan.

After the scan, I was brought to see Dr Park, he seemed very gentle and assuring and suggested Sliding genioplasty and mini V-line since he indicated that my sliding is slightly backwards and TOO BIG FOR MY SMALL FACE.

TO BE VERY HONEST with you, I never noticed my chin was sliding backwards so sliding genioplasty was the correct suggestion, however mini V-line was NOT needed,I never felt that I have a big chin, it was just another surgery that he probably suggested to fob me off.
I stupidly went with the operation, I was afraid if they just moved the chin forward,my chin might seem very big without decreasing the size, so I asked Dr Park to decrease just a tiny tiny bit, strongly requesting it to be natural, NOT SHARP AND POINTY which is something that I dislike a lot, on top of requesting acculift on the VERY SPECIFIC area that I pointed on. Dr Park even said ‘ Oh I normally don’t do acculift but since its such a simple surgery I can do I for you’

Point A: he didn’t even do my operation, why did he pretend to say things as in ‘i normally don’t do it but I’ll do it for you’

Point B: since the acculift is such a ‘simple surgery’ as he said, how could the surgeon be able to screw it up so badly? The only answer to it is- it is an extremely unskilled and inexperienced.

After operation:

I have been told many friends who had done an acculift that the major swelling will only last 1-2 weeks since it is a minor operation, including the friend who just did a sliding genioplasty, her major swelling went down in a week with the help of de-swelling pills, she could eat, talk and her face looks normal( as in your cant tell she had done a chin operation) after 10 days pro-op.
However in my case my severe swelling( in my cheeks mainly) was not gone for an entire 2 months, I couldn’t take for eat properly or talk properly and I don’t even look close to normal, my face was still hard and swollen like a stuffed up balloon for 2 months, I knew this is not normal at all even for someone didn’t go to a med school.

How could my friend who did a BONE surgery recover 10 times faster than me?

After the de-swelling which was long and unbearable. My chin appeared a lot longer and pointer, my cheeks suddenly went hollow- this was completely devastating but obviously the hospital would just ask you to wait and ‘its in the healing process’

Many months later, starting from November 2012, I started contacting the customer service manager, Miss, Juan and Joanna, my consultant when I did the surgery. THEY WERE THE RUDEST PEOPLE THAT I’VE EVER MET IN MY LIFE.

Miss Juan, chinese customer service manager from ID

First of all I already know Miss Juan is a very rude Chinese woman since many others had warn me, she indeed shouted at me when I tried to tell her about the situation on the phone, very un-understanding and obviously had no patience at all to talk to you. She also made up some random medical diagnoses and suggestion of my face without any medical knowledge.

* I recorded all conversations between her and me on the phone for future reference*

Joanna, Korean surgery consultant from ID( currently employed in Regen hospital)

She was even worse, very smiley and willing to help before the operation, but I tried to contact her to help me with the failed result? No reply to my emails at first and after I tried to hunt her down by being able to get hold of her phone number-very brief and few replies to my emails.
She then eventually ignored me again, I messaged her in kokao to get a response- she then blocked me
The following day I received an email:
“
hey~
i don't wokr everyday.. and all day...
if i can't e-mail you... please wait.. and when i check your e-mail ... i'll reply...
but you told me alwasy... reply right now....
i can't... okay?
please don't call me ...
the number is my personal phone...
last weekend my brother's wedding.. so i was busy.. i can't reply
please wait... i try to e-mail you ASAP
sunday is closed... but you call me alllllllllll day.
i understand... you're worry about your face.
but we promise... Dr. Park will treat you.
please don't disturb ... i have privacy.
i'm not your personal secretary...
i try to resolve it...
i know you.... that you have asymmetry...
Dr. Park promise.... we'll give you flying ticket.... but we can't give you accomodation.
Thanks”

Point A: In my defense I only called her twice which she didn’t pick up or had any response.
“i'm not your personal secretary..” explained a lot in her attitude, I don’t have to explain much, since prove is indicated above.

Point B: As for the promise about flying ticket by Dr Park?
No, not only this promise had not been fulfilled but I was also being treated badly by Park which I will explain in details later on

Point C: The fact that she admitted that I have asymmetrical face after the surgery just by looking at the photos means things are quite severe, but did she or Dr Park do anything about it?
Not at all.

During the year of having done the surgery:

I was completely broken- both physically and mentally.
I had a complete meltdown in my life. I had a pretty face before the operation, but I am too greedy for something more which was completely idiotic. My whole family and my friends strongly opposed to plastic surgery and kept telling me how beautiful by just staying the way I am. I clearly remember the day when I paid the payment for my surgery in ID hospital, the woman who took the money and the receptionist ( come on, they work for ID) kept exclaiming how pretty I am and told me I really don’t need a surgery, I ignored all the advices and ended up on the verge of breaking down everyday.
I broke off the engagement with my doctor fiancé, turned down a really good job opportunity and left home, alone--away from family and friends, far far away to the other side of the world because I couldn’t face anyone after this failed surgery.
I avoided mirrors, pictures, any contact with people, sunlight, anything that would pressure me even more on my severe depression.
I couldn’t work, sleep or think straight for the entire year, everyday is a new day to torture myself from this endless thought of blaming myself.
I cry, day and night, dreaming to go back and confront Park and Dr Lee (from Migo) who destroyed my face.

Nearly a year after the surgery 3/2013:

I finally booked my ticket to go back, to search for a solution and an answer or an apology from them.

I had seen or consulted with at least more than 10 doctors, obviously as I expected, nothing much could be done, it is so much easier to take away something from your face then putting something back into your face.

Cheeks: fat graft ‘could’ be done, but we all know it’s a not a permanent thing, and fat injected will be dissolve in a few years max if I am lucky. I am only 24, so does that mean I’ll have to keep injecting fat into my face forever? Cost? Pain? Do I have so much fat from my other parts in my body to extract?

Bone: It doesn’t take a genius to know when bone is removed; it could not be repositioned into the original place, its extremely complicated to deal with this problem, not to mention my lower teeth are still numb, many doctors indicated that not much improvement from the numbing area should be expected since its 1 year post-op, a lot of them assumed its some surgical damaged cause in the tooth root when surgery not performed properly with a skilled surgeon- I just wanted to collapse outside of the hospitals/clinics every time when I heard this, does that mean I have to go through this uncomfortable feeling my whole life?
Some surgeons offered 2 options:
Option A: fat grafting
Almost surgeons opposed silicon( including myself), since it will look very unnatural and invasive prior to the trauma that I had been through, they though fat graft is the easiest and most satisfying option. However…
1.) I know that fat grafting already had a fairly low survival rate around the movable area such as chin, jaw and nasal area.
2.) Fat grafting on places that have previously been operated will strongly affected on the survival rate
3.) I talked to someone who has a similar situation like me, expect her affected area is her jaw, she did fat grafting on the area where too much bone was removed and saw an improvement but the fat only remained 10% only the second month, so basically it was rather quiet pointless
4.) Fat is soft, the area that has been removed is a piece of bone, it will not be the same texture but I don’t know how would it look, some pointed out it might look like a fat chin instead of a correction
So 1+2 +3 means that the fat will not last long enough for a sufficient solution, so I am back to no solution.

Option B: Fillers
Safe fillers can only last 6-9 months max, according to the amount of ‘filling’ I need, firstly it would be expensive and it also dissolves quite quickly unless it’s a permanent filler such as artefill which has been noted as dangerous and not suitable for human faces.
So this option is ruled out as well.

A meeting with Dr Park almost 1 year after the surgery:

They sent a consultant to see me first, her name is Ena to discuss what is wrong. I successfully obtained an important piece of proof from her:
During our conversation I asked her ‘its not Dr Park who did the operation right?’
She hastily replied out of panic ‘ well but he is the one made sure everything is alright before the operation and he monitors things after the operation too…’
I caught this on my portable recorder. Bingo.

So Park came in after a long wait. He didn’t even make to effort to be polite. He coldly asked me what the problem is again after I explained in details with Ena for 20 mins.

A.)
I didn’t even have the time to explain things since he is so impatient and kept interrupting me with ‘I don’t know what you are saying’ every 2 seconds, which I am guessing that means ‘ I refuse to admit I did a **** job’
B.)
When I indicated too much bone has been removed, oddily he replied:’ YOUR CHIN IS ORGINALLY THIS SMALL I didn’t remove any bone! What are you talking about?!! It takes 6 years of medical knowledge to understand the mechanism so I wont bother’
wtf??!! Not only he didn’t do the operation, he didn’t even make the effort to read my file properly before entering the room, he didn’t even know Mini-V was done beside genioplasty since he was the one who suggested I have a bigger chin than I needed. He also didn’t bother explaining and treated me like a retard.
Out of anger I said:’ do you know ‘you’ did a mini- V line on me as well? No you don’t! because you didn’t do the operation’
He panicked, startled for a few seconds and replied “ I have so many patients I don’t know…’
Then kept laughing oddly and coldly in a very creepy way for the rest of the conversation,” don’t try to make me say things…’
I guess in translation that means’ don’t try to trick me into admitting I swooped ****ty surgeon with no license for you”
C.)
I then asked about the over correction of acculift ( too much fat has been sucked form my cheeks at the WRONG place) he compared 2 pictures, I pointed at my hollow cheeks and point at the before surgery picture for him to compare, he answered ‘ I don’t know what happened to you , what happened to you this year?’ In translation:’ you must have been through some unknown trauma that cause your cheeks to suddenly go from full to hollow, its your problem and your fault’ I answered him by telling him I purposely gain 15 pounds after surgery to make up for the hollowness so I won’t look so horrible by the surgical mistake. He paused, said ‘umm’ then rapidly left the room suddenly without further explanations
D.) I haven’t even had the chance to mention about my nerve damage before he randomly left the room without a saying goodbye

The only thing I have gained by taking a plane to travel to the other side of the world to confront the man who ruined my face and my life is being treated rudely and like an idiot as expected since a lot of ex patients of ID with failed surgery DID warn me how the way he and the staffs treat patients when they come or contact them to confront them. So I recorded every single thing that he said, and I am hoping to sue him in court soon.

If anyone had the same kind of experience with ID and would like to seek for help just like me, don’t hesitate to drop me a message.

OMG.. I feel really sorry to hear your experience. But when a thing is already done, cannot be undone. You should go back to your family and seek for the mental support like what Iaan did, rather than you alone suffering all these painful experience. I am sure they will always love you whatever it is.. Don't make your life down to the road because of these selfish/unethical people. Although I am not good at motivating others, but i can feel the pain that you have it.

btw, you mentioned Dr Park and Dr Lee (Migo), but i don't see any ps done at migo from your update, you did 2 invasive surgery from 2 different clinics? Please elaborate more about what Migo did to you when u have a mood to share/or write it here.. thanks..

:nogood::tdown: I'm so sorry. I can't say I'm surprised... I don't think I've read of even one clinic bothering to correct a botched surgery. Are you going to sue? Do you have it in writing saying they would pay for your plane ticket? I'd make them refund it for sure. Take this with a grain of salt as my dad left Korea over 15 years ago, but he says judges in Korea are extremely biased and almost always side with clinics. If you DO happen to win a case, you most likely won't receive lots of $$, probably just a free revision. I would PM Seoulforeal and ask him for advice.

I'm so sorry. :hugs:Please seek comfort in your family and friends and feel free to vent here.

I'm so sorry for you...thank you for having the courage to write about your experience. :hugs:
In fact, I had heard bad opinions on ID, now I'm quite sure!
I hope these people no longer have any more patient! :mad:

thank you for your reply, Dr lee from migo is a monster too, he only cared about money obviously and tried to hide away from me when I arrived the clinic to confront him, i requested an out fold and a higher fold double eye lid surgery, he performed ptosis correction, fat graft on the eyes( he thinks i need them) and a higher 'cut' - none of the things he did was corrected, my eyes ended up with SERIOUS hypertopic scars ( he promised me minimal scars before the surgery, very dishonest man), very asymmetrical eyes with absolutely NO out fold or a higher fold after the operation, optosis still remained, my eyes looks like complete ****. He simply told memy eyes were already like that before the sugary its not his fault and left the room.

Thank you for your reply, i do have the email written about the promise for a free ticket. But a free ticket or a refund for all these pain, losts and depression? I won't just leave it like that so easy, and let that bastard put more innocent people in pain while he is getting so rich by squeezing money out from the victims. Most of the victims (which is a lot, i promise) I spoke to are so depressed that they cant do anything for themselves, they dont want to stand out to tell the truth or to fight, some told me they know people who suicide at the end because they couldn't take the pressure.

To be honest, if he offer a free revision for me I wont do it even if he PAYS ME, all the 'underground" doctors he used are not even surgeons. What he is doing is worse than him taking my money and do nothing rather than screwing up my face, what kind of person would ruin people's lives by gaining so little money?

PS: what is Seoul for real?

Hi Itsumobaby, I feel your pain... Mine was a botched eyelid surgery in Beverly Hills. We should be careful with Plastic Surgeon who advertising so well but very poor skills!!! In your case is was not your PS did your surgery, that's insane!!! Hope you will sincerely have an solution for your problem and have your life back. I know it's not easy... You should go back to see your family, not to be alone. Thank you very much to sharing your experience and all the details because in the past I go through the website and I was amaze by their pictures also! I was sceptical because so many PS in this clinic, worried me! Like BK. Thank you!!!

Itsumobaby, I feel for you. Maybe you should go back to your family for moral support? I also have a botched eye job.
It's always like that, some promise they can do what you want before the surgery, but after, they blame on your features that they cannot be made to look like the photos you want, bla bla... Unfortunately, not many patients are brave like you to come out to say....I suppose surgery is good for those who really need it whereas for those who are pretty already , it is a gamble.

[​IMG]Report
Edit Quote [​IMG] qReply

hope you will be feeling better after a while, maybe your face is not as bad as you said,
cause most people don't have a symmetrical face, and maybe its not too oblivious
you mentioned you already looked beautiful, so now u maybe just look a little less beautiful.
Yes I think plastic surgery is a all about luck, cause I think at most the hospital
not the doctor (well known doctor ) will be doing your operation.

I hope more people will stand up and tell there story,
I wish you all the best, good luck

Reading these things I am somewhat afraid to face a trip to Korea to have surgery, but I want to do and I'm sure for how many dishonest people there are, there are many good and competent.
I wrote to Banobagi, Regen and JW, they seem serious and reliable regarding the surgical procedures that interest me.

First of all, I'm sorry to hear about your failed surgery at 'ID factory'. I never thought that they could do such terrible things and don't want to be responsible at all. Hope you're strong enough to go through all this and never give up the fight for the injustice you experienced from them.

Actually I'm planning to do two-jaw surgery at ID next year, but after reading your terrible story with them, I would rethink a thousand times to do it there.

If you don't mind, may I ask a few questions? I need to know the truth and must be extremely careful in search for a very reliable and trustworthy PS clinic, especially for a very invasive procedure like jaw surgery.

So the rumor is true? I read many times in this forum that ID often switches surgeons after the patient has been knocked out. Now it's even worse with the fact that Dr. Park has never done any surgery himself but always been in the consultation room all day long.

Are you still in touch with those 30 people? Especially with the 28-year Indonesian girl, because I'm also from Indonesia (an Indonesia-born Chinese to be exact). Could you inform me your blog's url? I still can't PM you yet (must be at least 10 posts).

Where did your friend do the surgery? At ID or other clinic?

I don't know if this can help you. Some time ago, I read a post from a Western guy who lives in Seoul (his nickname is SeoulForReal), mentioning Dr. Barry L. Eppley, an Indianapolis plastic surgeon. Are you from the states? I visited his website, looks like he's good in skull reshaping (a craniofacial surgery).

http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/
http://www.exploreplasticsurgery.com/

Skull reshaping can either reduce high spots or build out low or depressed bony contours. Skull augmentation uses a variety of synthetic materials. These include acrylic (PMMA) and hydroxyapatite (HA). These implants are like artificial bone and can be safely secured to the existing bone using small screws. Since our chin is part of the skull, I think it's also possible to correct your cut bone using this technique.

Anyway, it's just my personal opinion, I don't have any medical background. You can contact Dr. Eppley for consultation. Give it a try. Hopefully this can help you to revise the failed surgery, although it might not be 100% perfect.

Ooo I am so glad to hear you are more angry than depressed! I'm also glad to hear you're fighting it. I'm just saying you should get the costs of your plane ticket in addition to the compensation for your botched surgery. I wouldn't trust him to do a revision either.

SeoulforReal has given you a lot of great advice. Good luck and keep us updated!

Dear SeoulforReal!

I am a new member on this forum, so I don´t have pm ability yet. Is it possible to ask you some questions regarding Dr. from FaceHan per email.
This is my address, please contact me!

comesticsurgery89gmail.com

best regards