BeautyHacker

My experience with ID factory in full report...i mean ID hospital

i have another sad story about calf reduction unforunately, because i went for one in taiwan from a famous famous taiwanese surgeon, now I can barely stand up for more than 2 hours, i am so depressed since i am only 24

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my god that's horrible!! how long ago did you have it? was it muscle resection with dr jong? i'm so sorry, i really hope somehow it manages to improve. have they agreed to any corrective surgery or compensation?

Why don't you show us some of your pictures that are before and after? I understand your pain but going to court is very expensive and time consuming. Your best chances is to convince the judge about your dramatic change in appearance is through pictures.

Why don't you report this case to Korean medical committee or some other public organizations for help? I bet there must be some official authorities to control the mal-operation and bring them to the court! Fight it!!

Thank you for your support! To be honest Korean law obviously favor big Korean hospital and surgeons, won't take us small potatoes seriously...

Yes I will show the judge for sure I think is compulsory evidence anyway..

Pls don't feel you need to share your photos with forum members.

Have you considered asking for the surgical notes from your surgeries and all of your patient information that may be available from the clinic?

I'm not sure what the practice is in Korea, but in the US, surgeons usually prepare some notes about each surgery they perform. There is also additional notes in the patient's file as well. Patients are entitled to all of this information if they ask for it. There is usually information about what was done in the surgery and the techniques used.

For what ? for your curiosity? I get many inboxes everyday regarding to my surgeries but not single one of them asked me for a photo because they know how upset i feel

Thank you for your kind reminder abt the photo request, its a very personal and hurtful thing especially when some people don't care about your feelings..

I asked for some info e.g.: how many cementers of bone was removed..etc they were obviously not happy to give them to me and told me they will email it to me, and obviously they didn't, but i did get a CD of the CT scan and before/after pics of all angels though..

Thank you for bringing this to everyone's attention. I have been considering iD for two jaw surgery for some time, but when I emailed them, they only wrote back with a very short, form reply. After that, no more emails despite the fact I still had questions. That really put me off.

Then I spoke to another forum member who'd had two jaw at ID and he is not that happy with the result. Said they'd made his face too feminine or something. He said if you want precise results you need to tell the doctor how much to take out, after using calipers to measure your own face.

I would very much like to see the photos of your British friend who did two jaw at iD, as well as a link to your blog! Do you accept pms?

It's not that the other forum members are forcing her to post pictures to see how disfigured she might be now, but I think it's because, well, no offense OP, we think you're lying. Or over-exaggerating. (And yes snowcup, I mentioned this briefly at dinner tonight with the rest of the Seoul April Group).

Let me explain my accusations:
itsumobaby, you joined TPF January 2012. In your very first post, you mentioned, "I am thinking of going Korea sometime this year, anyone else going so we can join and go together?" (Source: Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea Thread page 70 post#1036). It's a typical first post for any member who has just joined, no suspicious accusations made just yet.
On April 10th, 2012, you also posted stating that you are, "going there[Korea] next week and definately going to check out jewelry, which hotel did you guys stayed in and what are the rates?" (Source: Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea Thread page 117 post#1751).
From the date you joined in January 2012 to when you went to Korea in April 2012, you have only posted a total of 20 posts. After the month of April 2012, you completely disappeared from the forums until October 2012, a six month gap.
These are the questions I am wondering at this point:
You were so keen on meeting other forumers while in Korea, did you actually meet anyone on this forum (an active poster or a past poster with a good reputation) that can vow and say you had surgery in April?
Why didn't you complain about how awful your surgery has gone? Why didn't you update the forum on your surgery status (consultations, surgery dates, reviews, etc)?
Also, if you were so miserable about your surgery at ID Hospital, why wait until almost a year later to complain? A typical forumer would have voiced his/her opinions earlier.

Moving on...
On October 30th, 2012, you mention,

"hey I have EXACTLY the same problem as you and I am 24 as well, I am still not sure about things cuz if i do it it would be the 3rd revision and I am terrified of going under the knives with a worsen result, however I can live with my current eye neither, we should research and discuss things together since we are going throught the same phrase, if you want" (Source: Revisional Double Eyelid Surgery Thread page28 post#419)

This is the first time you have mentioned your failed eyelid surgery. You never inform the thread when your surgery date was. After your posts, numerous forumers have replied and asked you which clinic did your eyes. You ignore them and you don't reply. However, on December 2nd, 2012, you finally posted that it was Migo Clinic that ruined your eyes (Source: Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea - read first before posting Thread page116 post#1736) Why did it take you over a month to respond to all of the questions on which clinic did your eyes? Maybe it is because you did not want to bad mouth a clinic, sure, but you are already saying bad things about one clinic, why not the other?

Another reason why I don't think your posts are real:

On November 14th, 2012, about six months after your ID surgery date, you finally complain about ID Hospital stating, "I had Dr park from ID 6 months ago, he totally SCREWED up my acculift and I ended up with uneven face" (Source: Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea - read first before posting Thread page 46 post#683). If your surgery is as horrible as you are making it seem, why wait until six months afterwards to complain? I know your response will probably be something similar to, "Because I wanted to see how everything would settle overtime." However, if you are this worried and if the surgery has ruined your life, I am pretty sure you would have informed the forum sooner than six months post op.

Why your recent thread post is flawed:
You state you visited Korea again to confront both Migo Clinic for your failed eye revision and ID Hospital for your failed accutlift, sliding genioplasty, and mini v operations. You state that there are "more than 30 cases of people who suffered from failed surgery/surgeries from ID, anywhere from
Eyes, nose , chin to jaws" (Source: My Experience with ID Factory, I Mean ID Hospital Thread page 1 post#2). Where did you find these 30 cases? I am sure ID did not hand them to you. Do you have pictures of these cases? Do you have proof that these cases exist?

You show us the email that Joanna, a past Korean surgery consultant from ID, sent you and complain that it is rude. First off, in Joanna's defense, I would be creeped out if a customer ever called me on my personal cell phone. How did you get this number in the first place? Can you give us this number? I will personally call it myself, ask for Joanna, and meet her at Regen Hospital (her current place of employment) this Monday to see if it is real.

You mention the voice recordings of your confrontation with Dr. Park almost one year after surgery. You also mention that you recorded all conversations on the phone for future references. Can you provide us forumers with those recordings?

THEN... you talk about your failed calf reduction. So, three failed surgeries? If one surgery has failed, why not try to fix that one instead of going onto other surgeries? I don't understand it.

In all of this, you fail to source any of your information, a huge factor when trying to be persuasive or trying to prove a point.

No, I am not an ID Hospital promoter.
No, I am not a Migo Clinic promoter.
I had surgery 6 days ago and I consulted with only one clinic, a clinic that you have never mentioned. And yes, all of the Korea April Forumers can vouch for me.

I am not calling you a liar. I am not calling you a fake. I just want proof. And, in the slim to nothing chance that my accusations are wrong, I apologize in advance.

As for the other forumers, let this post be a lesson in deciding what is real and what is fake on these plastic surgery threads. Just because someone has been active on this forum for over a year, does not give them credibility.

I am posting this on two threads so forumers can read. I took my time into writing this, I hope you take your time into reading it.

When I wrote to ID, I received very short answers, a sort of "list" of what I needed (according to them) without explanation and, in the bottom of the email, the costs. AND NOTHING ELSE!

That's exactly what I got too! Nevermind that I never requested those other surgeries, or felt it necessary. The price they quoted me for two-jaw surgery was VERY high too, around 18 mil KRW. This is much higher than the prices I know others got.

So tell us how you really feel, SB. :biggrin:

While we can't really know what is exactly truth or not, I'm not sure that's the point here. The forum is a place where people come to express their views and exchange information. An opinion or viewpoint is subjective by nature and not empirical truth in essence. Knowing what is exactly true and to what extent isn't something the forum should decide. We're not her judge and jury. She already has that ahead of her if she decides to pursue her claim.

I think you may be overestimating how people utilize the forum in your assessment. People fly in and out of the forum, based on their own needs, whims and convenience. I don't think that a failed surgery would necessarily make someone feel obligated to report back to this forum in a timely manner or even at all, given the likely precedence of making sense of what happened and picking up the pieces afterwards. However, when a person does come forth and provides a disturbing report, I for one appreciate the heads up. The strength of a forum is in the collective diversity of the feedback and the full spectrum of stories that are shared, both good and bad.

I suppose the story here does make a person curious to know more or what is suspect or not. It's also troubling to know that forumers aren't always truthful. I think that's why it's always important to assess for oneself how much to believe (or not) just like you would in daily life. This doesn't mean we can't offer our help or show compassion to a person in pain.