BeautyHacker

My Journey with Back of Head Augmentation in Korea

Hi guys,

Many thanks and I'm very pleased to see that my review has helped many people.

If you're new to Korea and you're afraid, then I'd suggest contacting Tony.
If you're fine with being alone on your own with no help from a 3rd party, go for contacting Jogak directly. He takes a while to respond. Keep being persistent. It's really annoying, but don't lose your temper lol.

If you're really desperate, then find a Korean translator in your home country and call them directly.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But like how flat do you think the back of your head is? When i started getting conscious about it it really scared me but i've gotten used to it. It's as flat as when you place your palm on top of the head horizontally and do a "C" with it and it's small enough to fit. Idk if i even make any sense. It looks as ridiculous as it sounds

• 2 weeks later...
...and I have the same side profile like SpongeBob :biggrin: . I have long hair and I can pretty much hide it. However, from the side profile I have no self confidence. I will definitely fix this. I am opting to do this surgery end of this year (fall/winter).

I have no confidence on my side profile either and even if i tease my hair on the back for volume it always goes flat again within an hour to max 3-4 so its super annoying since i also have asian hair.
Good luck on ur upcoming surgery!

@Ashly117 Thank you so much for this comprehensive review! I have a flat head and a procedure like this would boost my self confidence tremendously. What are the long term risks associated with the bone cement? Are you particularly worried about any complications in the future? Do you feel effects of the extra weight on your head such as more frequent headaches? Thanks in advance!

@MV123 Hey! Long term risks are your body rejecting the foreign object. This is pretty rare since BC has been in use since like the world wars for bone related surgeries. It's not really an implant like silicone...its more like mortar lol. It bonds well with your bone and can be easily removed if need be.
Dr Song told me that out of 2000 surgeries, he's removed BC from 2 patients because they were unhappy...not even because they had any problems with bone cement.

Aside from that, I feel completely normal. I can't feel the edges of the bone cement. No headaches, no balance issues. I feel normal.

Hi bro,
I'm researching about Forehead augumentation. How many days will i have to stay in Kr to do Forehead ? And do u know about the price of Forehead augumentation ?
Tks.

Someone I know did the back of his head and was in and out of Korea in a week. Six days to be exact. HTH!

Hi guys,
so far from my research ITEM clinic seems to be the cheapest and Jogak/Dr.Song seems to on higher on pricing..both do surgeries in local anesthesia which is my preference.
Banobagi is very slightly cheaper than Jogak but is general anesthesia.
Now question time if you pay them in cash either usd or KRW how you get refund on the airport.
Adding to what Jay said..lot of brokers out there like Tony which I didn't feel comfortable about so best would be to deal on your own if one can manage language and transportation.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello! I'm also flat-headed one.. i use a curler to add some volume to the back of my head;C every day..
now, when i read about this surgery, i've got a hope not be scared of rain and wetness and to stop carrying my heavy curler everywhere i go

could you please write the prices of both clinics?

• 2 months later...
Hello,
I have sent and email to Dr. Song but have not heard back...
Would you know the age requirement for this procedure?
My son's head (from the top) looks very similar to yours. I can't see the back of yours, but the back right side of my son's head is very flat. We got him a helmet at 6 months and it helped a little, but now at 2, thr doctor says it may not improve that much more.

2 years old may be too young, but if one day at 12 or 13, if he is self conscious or wants it fixed, can we do it?
Is his head still growing and getting bigger as an adolescent? Would the cement get skewed due to skull growth?

Thanks in advance

Hi just saw this message - I have to check the exact prices on what they quoted me but roughly Song cost $6k and ITEM was around 5k.
I went with Song based on Ashly feedback and it was good experience I would say...my case was bad so he did the best he could and I feel other clinic would have done the same level of job. attaching a pic which shows volume on back of my head which was flat area before the surgery.

Hi
Dr song takes times but reply..just email him daily. Also cement is set almost immediately so wont get skewed but age wise its best to check with doctors. goodluck