BeautyHacker

Choosing a clinic

Hello, nice to meet you. I hope you all could help me with some questions I had.

1. I've read somewhere that plastic surgery clinics tend to give more expensive prices to international customers, maybe since they don't know better? Does anyone have any more information regarding this? I'm Korean American I can speak Korean and have friends living in Korea who I can maybe bring along with me to a consultation, I wonder if that's "enough" so to speak.

2. How did you manage to choose a clinic? I narrowed down that I want to go somewhere in the Gangnam/Apgujeong area, but even then there's hundreds of clinics, and then a bunch of doctors in each clinic.

3. I'm going to do a lot to my nose. I broke it twice as a kid and both times didn't see a doctor and just let it heal on its own. I'm going to have them break it again and reposition it, remove hump, tip augmentation, and most importantly properly fix my deviated septum. Does anyone know of a good ENT/rhinoplasty doctor that has high skill with the functional aspect of deviated septums and breathing?
Thanks.

Research, research, research. Everyone has a unique situation and you need to research what clinic and doctor is best for yours.

Many clinics don't care if your local or foreign, tbh. Just have to look for them. There are over 2500 clinics in Seoul, so take your time. It's better than requiring multiple surgeries.

Honestly Google is your friend. You can find a lot by literally putting what you are looking for into it. I also use realself and soyoung.

Thanks, will check it out.

Do you know to what extent if it's true that before/after photos are photoshopped?

If you can understand Korean, then I suggest you look on Korean sites for clinics instead of English forums... if what you're looking for are clinics that cater to locals. Like 80% of the clinics I see posted here on this forum cater to foreigners.

• 2 weeks later...
do you know any good korean sites for clinics? :smile:

You can kind of see in my post history.. I started a thread to talk about how I did my research. Basically I went on Naver and looked up blog postings, cafes, and also asked around to friends and family.