BeautyHacker

How I ended to pick Namu Plastic Surgery Clinic

Hello everyone, basically I don’t really know where I should start this journey. The route i took led me to a decisive choice for my rhinoplasty @ Namu. The process started back at my humble home in Westminster, CA. One day I was listening to my mom’s Vietnamese radio hearing about how Doctors use cartilage for rhinoplasty nowadays. 15 yrs ago I got my primary rhino done in Huntington Beach, CA. That method was using an L silicone. To my misfortune, it didn’t go as planned. I got an open rhino procedure and in a months time, some greasy green thing started gushing out from the right columella. I showed it to the doctor and he immediately remove everything out. In retrospect, that put scare in me forever. 15 years later, i hear of promising news on the radio. Hence, i ultimately decided to give it another try. Now onto my research. Essentially my 1st choice was to pursue VIP. I did what most girls would do and run a Google search engine about VIP past customers. That is where I stumbled upon a forum called PS listing mixed reviews. The thing that threw me off the most is when I send them my photo, Jessica from VIP told me that my nose is short, flat, and I look fake! Omg, really fake??? She quoted me 11k for rib rhino 2k for revision fee and 3k for mid-face augmentation. Can we say highway robbery? btw this is all in USD $. No Thanks✋

Moving forward, my next consultations online were with VIEW, Cinderella, TLPS, IDhospital, Grand and GNG Hospital. Of all the consultation online, View basically didn’t really fit my criteria. The feeling was mutual about TLPS. I was very skeptical when i found out about Grand and ID Hospital. Both of which were black listed... scared me away so now I am left with Cinderella and GNG. Let me start with Cinderella; their prices are Reasonable. I asked the consultant online, “How long has the dotor you recommended for my rhinoplasty been in business?” she replied, “Sorry, I don’t know? But can do your own research on the site.” Dear GOD! seriously you don’t know?..well, theres nothing else for me to even say after that. Another goodbye Cinderella. Process of elimination led me to ‘GNG’. I spoke to Julia the consultant online. She exuded a very sweet and understanding work ethic. At this point of time, I didn’t talk about prices too much or even think about it because of the fact that I heard on Kakao group chat that during June and July are considered high peak months. So to be able to secure my surgery date, I have to make a deposit. I mean I was able to see a plethora of before & after photos of girls on kakao group. They finished their procedures at gng and there were absolutely no negative experiences. Hence, i was pretty confident in picking Gng as my go-to surgery clinic. Therefore I made a deposit for 500k won which equates to $484 usd. Omg! This is dragging on quite long. Ladies and gents, boys and girls, tune in tomorrow and see how my journey unfolded @ NAMU

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for clarifying! I’ve become overly skeptical after reading through loooooots of archives on PF

Sorry Sonya!

Onward with the cliffhanger from last night. I remember it as though it was yesterday. On June 25th, 2018 my husband and I was on the way to work when a sudden frantic call came in on his cell. My dearest husband recieved word from his older sister over the phone, “Michael, I’ve got bad news she cries Ann is dead.” We were devastated and wasted no time. We hurried into human resource and told them to pls activate our FMLA immediately! They gave us 2 weeks off and we booked a flight right away to Maryland the next day. This is so crazy! it was one month before we were scheduled to go on vacation and news of my husband’s baby sister passing away, leaving her 2.5yrs old daughter fatherless and now motherless. Ironically, he was contemplating on flying to Maryland to attend his best friend’s mom wake. She died 3 days earlier. We can’t fathom all the death surrounding us; family was afraid for us to go overseas so they insisted that we should cancel our trip. We both agreed and Hawaiian Airlines agree to give us a full refund. I contact Julia on facebook messenger telling her I have to cancel my trip because of my husband sundden death of his sister. Two weeks went by as we lay Ann to rest, it was the saddess knowing the fact that it will be hard for us to go on vacation during this terrible ordeal. A week has gone by and we had a heart to heart one evening. We discussed the best way to move on and try to live through Ann’s happiness. That is what Ann would have wanted for us so we decided to book a flight on the fly. I contacted Julia again and told her to book my surgery date on July 3rd. Our last minute flight had a short 3 day stay in Macau, China. On the last day of Macau we got to the airport really early, but still ended up departing on delayed time. Frustrated for a good hour+ sitting inside the airplane motionless on the tarmack. Finally, plane is taking off. We had to complete a layover in Shanghai. That is where all “hell broke loose”. We missed our transfer so they say they would cover the housing cost for our hotel. To the carousel to grab our baggages and head out to the freebie hostel. Low and behold, things got rather nightmarish. Only 3 out of 4 luggages were retrieved. Talk about leaving Macau with bad luck... It so happen the luggage that was missing had my husband’s diamond wedding band inside including all of his clothes. We gave up after 2hrs of searching every nook and crannie. Baggage claim officer says to come back tomorrow if its not here then we can ask to see if that luggage is already in Korea. Next, we had to haul ass to the bus that took a buncha lost souls out to the hostel. This was an hours drive in the middle of boonfuck China! Needed this day to come to a end like NOW‍♀️Next day got up early and headed back to airport to look for our missing luggage and the guy told us that its in Korea. What a relief. Onto the day we fly to Korea at the baggage claim my husband saw his luggage laying on the carousel we were so happy at that point. The diamonds are safe. Ok enough of my horrible journey experience now lets get onto the clnic that we visited in Seoul. My husband was uptight that I didnt have a check off list prepared for clinics in Seoul. Then I told him that we should go to Apgujeong where plastic surgery was dime a dozen. The first one we stumbled upon right out of subway exit was Dreams Medical Group. We both decided to go in there and give it a try; plus dream also has dermatology because I wanted to get rid of my brown spot. I was lucky to get to consult with the highly sought after, Dr. Park. I was so excited that he proposes a closed rhinoplasty on me and the price they quoted me wasn’t bad at all guys. $4.95mil won for my nose and for my husband 2.6mil won for non-incision ptosis correction. We asked them to see if July 5th is available they came back with a YES and asked us to make a deposit of 1k usd for them to hold the query. We insisted that we will return tomorrow, being that we didn’t have the COD. At that time I told my husband we should go hunt Gng’s locale. Gng is very good as far as health concerns. they took me in and got my blood test, EKG, and urine test everything looks perfect now just gota wait for our surgery day. At the same time I was at gng and it was rainning really bad I suppose to go to Namu, but because of the rain that day, couldnt make it. That night we came home and started weighing our options. My husband was inclined to settle for Gng bc they were very professional and top-notch safety. Besides, already made a deposit months ago. I was like ok we go with Gng, but in the back of my mind, I felt bad for letting Namu down. I really wanted to at least go there once because my surgery date is not until July 5th. Onto the part that everyone been waiting for is how did I know Namu and end up picking them. I was lucky one day stumbled upon purseforum and read a review of a man name James. He gave me his kakao on pf so I decided to msg him ok kk. I told him that I will be in Korea soon can you help me find a good clinic for rhinoplasty and he answered Namu Plastic Surgery and gave me their email to get a consultation with them. I emailed them asking about am I ok to get my nose job if I have acid reflux they reply pretty quick and say no its fine. The next morning we got to Namu came in the office asking for Linda the consultant who I spoke with online. Linda came out with a cute little face and a friendly attitude. The consultation went pretty well she introduce us to Dr. Joung for our consultation. Dr. Joung recently just move to Namu like a month ago I was pretty skeptical about it at first, but when I met Dr. Joung knowing that the way he exam my face I know he is a really good doctor. I asked him how long he has been in business he say 17yrs which give me more confident to put my beauty into his hand. After that we went to another room to discuss about prices. Namu’s price are pretty reasonable I like the fact that they are so convenient. Options galore! they had everything from plastic surgery to dermatology, and skincare. I also like the fact that they never ask for us to write a good review for them and they will give us a good discount like gng did. After we left Namu I don’t know but I got a really good feeling with them even though we were planning to go to Cinderella Plastic Surgery next when its around the corner, but we ended up not going because we figured that 3 clinic is enough for us to compare. At night me and my husband delved into our priorities between the 3 clinics. Turns out, Namu was the perfect fit for us. Namu was so compassionate towards us and were willing to comply to our personal needs. Must mention about our consultant named, Linda. She was a kind, sweetheart who went out of her way to get medications,pumpkin porridge,pumpkin juice and straws to satisfy our hunger. She guided us wherever we needed to go and obliged to drop us off at a Lotte Mart to do grocery buys. Who does that? They do folks! Namu’s exceptional customer service is impeccable bar none. They go above and beyond for their clients. Wait! Theres more. They even threw in a few facials and laser treatments which was a nice gesture. Mad brownie points for that Linda. Namu is the only clinic that offers 2 years guarantee for revision at no additional cost. Regardless of how the finalized visual outcome turns out..we are very pleased with Namu’s outstanding services. Woweee! I cant believe that we are finally going under the knife. Sighhh...On July 4th I msg Julia and told her that I only have 7mil left after our vacation Julia said, “ok then we will cancel your surgery”. Bejesus! didn’t know that Gng was all about money, pretty disappointed. I was just trying to test them and get a response or maybe even a bargain. Guess not, high-end territory apparently. Our final decision, went ‘ hands down’ to NAMU. In summarizing, our rollercoaster of emotions, the life events and twists and turns of both good and bad luck eventually led to the outcome we had profoundly hoped for. As the coming days among us approach and the internal wounds and scar tissues begin to heal, we will look back on this journey and forever remember, that this was meant to be from the get go. Nothing would derail it bc theres a special someone up there looking after us. My husband and I would like to thank all of our brothers and sisters on kk for the support and kind words of exchange. It only made the process go much easier. In addition, Thanks a million to my kk pal James Min for introducing us to Namu surgey clinic. You ROCK brotha! Be blessed❤️ #RIP Ann Huynh

Would just like to confirm she isn’t faking, she has been super active on kakao and helping everyone despite everything she’s been through. Super happy she managed to find a clinic that treated her and hubs so well!

hi, was wondering if you had an implant or a rib cartilage used for your nose? im looking for a rev rhino myself :smile:

Thank you for speaking up for me Danbam. I got good service and just wanted others to have that experience like me.

Just wanted to add that I spoke with Jessica at VIP today. I was originally excited to speak to her because I've heard the doctor there (Dr Myung) is very good at ethnic noses.

But she said they had to do a 100% rib cartilage rhinoplasty for my bridge and tip, and a mid face lift. Crazy that she quoted me the same thing as you! Maybe we have twin noses.

I'm a little sketched out by VIP, to be honest. Maybe it's their style preference to do rib cartilage or maybe I really need it (though other clinics have not told me that so far). But it seems like a LOT of money. A rib cartilage rhinoplasty in Beverly Hills is $14,000 - not far off from the $11,000 they quoted you (+ $3,000 for mid face augmentation).

Also! My nostrils and bulbous tip are the biggest problems, but they didn't talk about alar reduction at all!

I think I'm crossing them off my list. ):

No you are not the only one anyone who contacted them they always say 100% rib because rib is the most expensive in Seoul for rhino. They recommended mid-face to everyone.

Nope. they quote EVERYONE a midface augmentation and rib rhino. There hasn't been one person I've seen they have told to do both procedures. Including me. Which is why I ultimately chose not to go with them (on top of them not doing the kind of nose I like).