BeautyHacker
Sign in to follow this  
albertis

Why you should not have plastic surgery in South Korea

Which one?

Like others have said, it depends on the type of surgery. The west does not specialize in Asian ethnic surgeries like eyelid surgery and facial contouring. I would never go to a European or American doctor for these types of surgeries, you're just asking for trouble at a more expensive rate.

That being said, I wouldn't go to Korea for western rhinoplasty (shaving a hump nose) or breast augmentation because these procedures are prevalent and specialized in the west.

if you have problem with languages and such, you can go to hospitals with translators.
or alternatively you can use medical travel agents, like Medictel for example, and they can help you with that.
you can probably have them bargain for your surgery cost, but I've never tried it so I'm not sure.

It's totally ridiculous to say that nobody should go to Korea because you don't like your result from one of the thousands of clinics in Korea and you are annoyed that lots of Koreans can't speak English.

Obviously, there are tons of very skilled surgeons in Korea for almost every procedure. If that wasn't the case then why are there so many beautiful celebrities in Korea who have had plastic surgery in Korea?

Sign in to follow this