BeautyHacker

Why you should not have plastic surgery in South Korea

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like others have said, it depends on the type of surgery. The west does not specialize in Asian ethnic surgeries like eyelid surgery and facial contouring. I would never go to a European or American doctor for these types of surgeries, you're just asking for trouble at a more expensive rate.

That being said, I wouldn't go to Korea for western rhinoplasty (shaving a hump nose) or breast augmentation because these procedures are prevalent and specialized in the west.

if you have problem with languages and such, you can go to hospitals with translators.
or alternatively you can use medical travel agents, like Medictel for example, and they can help you with that.
you can probably have them bargain for your surgery cost, but I've never tried it so I'm not sure.

It's totally ridiculous to say that nobody should go to Korea because you don't like your result from one of the thousands of clinics in Korea and you are annoyed that lots of Koreans can't speak English.

Obviously, there are tons of very skilled surgeons in Korea for almost every procedure. If that wasn't the case then why are there so many beautiful celebrities in Korea who have had plastic surgery in Korea?

• 6 months later...
I strongly agree with you. the clinic I went to, consultants spoke very good Enlish and since she majored in antomy, I was told why I feel so dry in my mouth and why I need certain surgeries. she gave me an option to stay for a night in the hospital with no charge at all. Also I was able to get high pressure oxygen therapy on the next day which helped me to get rid of all the anesthesiatic problems. I don't think it is fare to talk bad things about South Korea's plastic surgery just because you had one bad clinic experience.

• 2 months later...
Hello there! Would you be able to share what surgeon you went to? Thank you!

Hey there, where did you go for the procedure? I am looking at Faceplus, NAMU and ID hospital

Having been to Korea myself and undergone PS there. It's a shady business...

Don't go by yourself and also ask the opinions of others. Don't let them trick you into invasive procedures you don't need, especially FC. This is your body and your life. You only have 1 life. Don't put yourself at risk unless you know you ABSOLUTELY cannot live with your current face/body. IF there's ANY doubts...go back and rethink it some more. Do more research. It cannot hurt to think things over and over again, because if you make a mistake, it will cost you more time, money and agony to have to go back to fix things and some things are IRREVERSIBLE. Plastic surgery is no joke. It's a lifelong commitment to any complications you may encounter.

REMEMBER: the consultants are NOT YOUR friends. They are sales people living on commission. Don't forget this.

ALSO: OVER-COMMUNICATE with your doctor. Make sure they can repeat back to you exactly what you want and have a clear understanding of every single detail. Do not leave things to chance. Surgeons are not mind readers and remember that Korean aesthetics are VERY different from Westerners. BE CAREFUL!

• 3 weeks later...
Don't go to Taipei , Taiwan for plastic surgery and don't trust Wish Clinic. Dr. Chia Jung Chuang AKA Jimmy Chuang is a fraud and still be in prison for scamming so many people. He speaks very good English but he will never tell you the truth. He will leave very bad scars on your face, hypertropic scars, white color wide scars, overlapping skin ,necrosis, and grey/brown skin from his lack of experience, cutting corners to get the job done quickly and very sloppy too. He will also not tell you the truth. You will be in horrible pain for over 2 years and you end up paying thousands of dollars in after care due to his negligent . The end result is he is a butcher and not a plastic surgeon. People get plastic/cosmetic surgery to look good right??? How can you look good if he leaves very ugly

For eyelid surgery you get overlapping skin and a the white line that comes with it is ugly with bumps and lumps. He doesn't use a knife but an electric cauterizer that leaves you with a 2nd degree burn. This burn can also caused a ton of collagen to produce along the scar tissue. So u can end up with a white bump on your eyelid creases when he made the incision. He also pull so hard that you end up with odd looking over stretched eyelid skin

Don't trust him. He will lied to you. You end up looking very deformed and no revision surgery can fix it..

I do have some successful and not so successful surgeries so I wouldn’t go as far as saying we shouldn’t go to SK for surgeries. Erhmm... maybe avoid for now ‘cause of covid-19.

Rhinoplasty and Tip Plasty (Banobagi, Dr Lee) - not perfect but good enough for me, it’s a decent job
Fats grafting (Regen, Dr Oh) - good work overall, but might have overfilled my right undereye
Zygoma reduction (Regen, Dr Oh) - really good work there
Vline (Regen, Dr Oh) - chin and lower lip still numb after 3 years and peculiar dent and skin bulge near jaw
Undereye fats repositioning (Regen, Dr Kim) - great work after persistent swelling is gone

Above are based on my personal experiences, please do your own research and try not to let reviews of other people, promoters or not, influence your decision when meeting the doc f2f. Check if the doc is truly a board certified surgeon, ask a lot of questions, and perhaps trust your gut feel.

• 1 month later...
It is very dangerous to go to South Korea for plastic surgery. The consultants are so greedy and don’t care about you. They inflate the prices and ask for reviews to give you a discount. The aftercare is horrible too.
The worst of all of them is Regen Hospital with Dr. Oh and the greedy coordinator is Suyoon Lee . Please avoid these people.

• 2 weeks later...