BeautyHacker

Smile lift at Hyundai Mihak Clinic

I’ve been researching on the smile lift procedure for over a year now and purseforum helped me get started on the right direction, so I feel like I owe it to everyone on here to share how it turned out for me. I know I would have loved some more info on people sharing their smile lift experiences since there’s not a lot of info on the net about it in English, so hopefully this helps people out.

I’m currently recuperating at the clinic while writing this review. I plan on updating this thread with pictures and more details from my experience once I get home. For now I just want to share that I feel like I’ve gotten the results I came here for :smile: I suffered from resting ***** face after a bullhorn + corner lip lift gone wrong so my intent coming to Korea was to fix that. I just graduated so with my student debt in mind, I knew I couldn’t be too choosy on where I wanted to go. I had considered Aone and Deesse but Misooda’s promotion on the smile lift at Hyundai was about half the price they were quoting me so that ended up being why I chose to go with Hyundai. I don’t know if I’m allowed to share the price on this forum so if anyone let’s me know if it’s okay then I’ll update this and share it.

Initially, I had contacted an English consultant from Hyundai on Kakaotalk. After chatting with them for a while I asked if they could give me the Misooda price, which they said they’d honor if I wrote a review on the site. I agreed and booked my plane for Korea. Fast-forward a month later, I came to the clinic and got lost. Just some advice for people wanting to check out this clinic, do not go to the 5th or 6th floor, reception is on the second floor. I ended up waiting for 20 minutes on the 6th floor with medical staff just walking past me.

Finally realized that something was wrong and went to the other floor labeled Hyundai Clinic on the elevator. There I checked in and met with Miss Mui, my Misooda translator. Hyundai’s in-house English consultant Sky was out of the country this week so she set me up with someone from Misooda to come help me during my consult instead. I filled out some paperwork, chatted with her for a bit until they called us in. We met with the head consultant first, who asked me some basic questions and explained a little bit about the surgery. After that we were shuffled to meet with Dr. Seungjae Hong. He showed me in a mirror using q-tips on my face the two types of smile lift surgeries they do there: 1) natural/minimal scarring, and 2) slightly more aggressive/potential scarring. Initially I wanted option 2, since I felt like my lips were much more downturned than your average person. After talking a bit, we decided to go in between options one and two for me since Dr. Hong didn’t want to give too much scarring since I already has some from my last lip surgery. After that we were shuffled to meet with the head consultant again to be shown pictures of how both options would look like since I requested to be shown how bad scarring could potentially be.

This is when things sort of went awry. While we were chatting, the head consultant mentioned that since this would be considered revision lip surgery because I had previous scarring from my past lip surgery, the pricing would be more than what was quoted on the Misooda site. I was shocked because I explained to them that I had only brought the amount the consultant quoted me, which was the Misooda promotion amount. The head consultant looked confused and asked I had mentioned if I had previous lip surgery done to my English consultant on Kakao and then proceeded to tell me she wasn’t sure if I could proceed with surgery then. I told her that I had and showed her proof on my Kakaotalk app, and her and my translator realized the in-house consultant must have missed me mentioning that in between all the texts and questions/logistics about my surgery. Either way Miss Mui was seriously a god-send. She kept advocating for me and asking if anything could be done like if I agreed to take extra photos/write reviews for them. I seriously was just lost while her and the head consultant just went back and forth about what could be done until the head consultant went out to confirm with I’m not sure who but guessing other higher ups, but she’s came back saying that they’d honor the original quoted price. I guess it was a combination of it being their mistake, me coming all the way from the California to Korea based on wrong info, and me promising to still write my Misooda review that I ended up being super fortunate and have things turn out so fair for me. I got super scared for a second because even though I had gotten revisional DES done two days before, my objective coming to Korea was really about fixing my lips. I don’t know how else to put this without sounding like a shill but I’m so thankful I had Misooda on my side otherwise I don’t think Hyundai would have let me have surgery for the amount I paid.

Fast forward to surgery, Dr. Hong was super kind and asking me constantly if I was okay the whole time he was operating on me. It took about an hour, which I thought was reasonable considering they had to deal with some old scar tissue on my lips and getting rid of some dissolvable stitches still there from my previous surgery. The surgery was painless since I was put on sedation instead of local anesthesia, which I’m not sure is everyone’s case but was for mine since I was a more difficult case.

Anyways, I’ll come back and write some more later with updates and pictures since I’m tired. But here’s me currently!

Hey guys, so here’s a previous picture of my lips to gauge with sizing if that helps. My lips are pretty swollen right now I will say so I will update with better after pictures once it goes down.

Also, just a warning to you guys who are interested in paying for the promotional rate for the procedure. Make sure to go through Misooda first because I’m pretty sure I just got lucky in my case where the consultant let me negotiate for having that pricing even though I had contacted them first.

Normally it costs around 2mil -2.6mil

Thank you guys for all the support!! @sparklingeyes It was $1101 because of the Misooda coupon! I think it was a summer promotion, all I remember is that the promotion was redeemable until the end of this month which is why I planned my trip to go before that time. Maybe they’ll have it next summer but I’m not too sure :sad:

Anyways my lips are healing so nicely and Dr. Hong’s stitching is really good. He’s the best surgeon I’ve been to yet for stitching I think. I’ll post a picture for y’all to see!

THAT LOOKS SO GOOD SO FAR, what kind of ointments are u putting on if any? do you take extra medications or vitamins?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Waiting for reply! Im glad to hear they were going to charge you 2 million won, since that what they told me during my online consultation. Many clinics will charge different people different prices especially foreigners. Your lips are looking amazing so far!!