BeautyHacker

Facial contouring screws and plates

I'm going to sound like a broken record telling everyone to first use the search option on this forum. I can't copy the link but just type in "titanium" - there was a thread several years ago called Here is why i am worried from fixation with Titanium screws in V-Line surgery!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the that-I'm wondering what is the safest way to go for stabalizing the cheekbones. Stainless steel wire, titanium screws, or dissolvable screws. i think this is an important question to consider before letting a surgeon use whatever he wants inside your face/body.

I don't have any issues now, but I'm going to electively get them removed with Dr. Lee at TheFaceDental as I've heard it's best to do 6-12 months after surgery. I'll post a review of how everything goes later :smile:

2 hours ago, hanberry said:

I don't have any issues now, but I'm going to electively get them removed with Dr. Lee at TheFaceDental as I've heard it's best to do 6-12 months after surgery. I'll post a review of how everything goes later :smile:

I also removed mine some month ago 

no problem about it

It seems to be a very small surgery comparable to removing wisdom teeth, and I don’t have specific reasons why I may think it’s unwise... Figured I’d rather have them out since I’m still young and wouldn’t want potential future problems. For doctors it seems to be an either/or situation depending on your preference and circumstances.

Oh sorry you’re referring to the time! From what I’ve learned 6-12 months is the recommended time, after 12 months it’s actually harder due to bone overgrowth. Of course Dr Lee will check through Xrays to make sure it’s fully healed first :smile:

I don't know much about cheekbone or bone graft, but I wish best of luck to you! Definitely seek out someone who's skilled and that you can trust.

• admin locked and unlocked this topic