BeautyHacker

Best places to exchange cash?

Ppp

Question

9 answers to this question

Myeongdong has the best rate. I suggest you exchange enough money at the airport to get into town. Then go to myeongdong and look for those ... I don’t want to use the word shady but yes those stores that have different currency signs. They only accept $100 bill and has to be new bills 

Edited by jajangmyeon1
  • Like 2

On 6/27/2019 at 1:28 PM, Kimc217 said:

Would you recommend exchanging money at home (Vancouver, Canada) or in Korea?

Hi, I believe better in SK. Please do it outside the Airport. Because their exchange rates is normaly outrage 🙏🏻

I exchanged my Canadian bills for Korean won on my recent trip to Seoul both in Canada and Korea. For Vancouver, I would recommend Vancouver Bullion and Currency Exchange. They only have a couple of branches though (Richmond, Downtown, Broadway), with 1 supposedly opening up at Metrotown in the Fall. I also went to Myeongdong, since many people have expressed better exchange rates at the money exchangers here, but I brought $50 bills which affected the rate. Jajangmyeon1 above mentioned that they only accept new $100 bills, so keep that in mind!

On 6/27/2019 at 4:28 AM, Kimc217 said:

Would you recommend exchanging money at home (Vancouver, Canada) or in Korea?

truthfully, it's best to ask your own bank to exchange foreign currency, big banks like Bank of America in the US have this. They give you the best rate, with no hidden fees or extra fees that exchange places do. you can preorder and get it from them at a physical bank location.to pay for surgery I would use a credit card that does not charge foreign transaction fees and carry enough exchanged foreign currency for shopping, food, transport and facials and other small procedures. hope this helps

• Like 1

I agree with Myeongdong near the Chinese Embassy. There are lots of currency exchange places there for you to look around for the best rates. The one I went to and seems to be the most popular is the one at the corner here:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@37.5622082,126.9828323,3a,75y,275.62h,94.71t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1shNKu983Q2WXY3ja-XwdSkQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656