BeautyHacker

Bad scar after hairline lowering tlps

Last year I had a hairloweing at tlps (tl plastic surgery in korea)and the scar is horrible. Regret going there so much. Worst decision ever 34152CB2-44BE-4D72-9236-A2361CC4B9C1.png . I’ve put mederma on it and cocoa butter and it still is bad, any suggestions? Don’t mind the stuff in my hair, it’s dried gel and oil. Pic below

Really sorry to read this @krod2017. I can see the white scarline. I had kenalog injection into my raised white keloid bullhorn scar and that worked to flatten and lessen the white scar. Have you spoken to a dermatologist to see what they advise or you could ask doctors for an opinion on rs?

You shouldn't have to fly to Brazil as medical tattoos for scars, breast reconstruction, etc. is performed in the USA as well. Google "medical tattoo scar" for info and check out the google images results as well for examples. Definitely don't lose hope as it's treatable, good luck!

Hey hun

I do know a bit about ethic patient scar healing, since I worked with tummy tuck patient daily and most were African Americans. This looks like what a typical scar might look like on ethnic skin in one year, and they should have know this/lnformed you about it. In the US I know that some surgeons like to do a hair graft to hide the scar, this should have been recommended as well.

The other thing I notice about the scar is that the incision line was sutured more poorly than I would expect from a plastic surgeon. I don't see a thickened keloid which would be darker, or a stretch of the sutures, but the line itself seems to off the pattern of the hairline in the middle.They may be some options as Miss orange suggested as well and they help some, but I don't think they will benefit you as much as you would need. I would definitely contact the clinic and not let them bully you into saying their work is fine. Yes you could get the scar covered with a tattoo probably but you shouldn't have to pay extra for that when their work was not done as expected. You might try to find out if a ghost doctor closed the incision as well. Please let us know how things turn out and thank you for sharing this

I agree, I'm not an expert in this procedure but how they made the incision itself with straight lines and sharp angles seems wrong as it looks unnatural.They should have created a natural curved hairline with the incision. @krod2017 Did you see any samples of the incisions the doc made in hairlines before? Did he do anything like this?

Hey girl I have that same type of scar on both sides of my forehead from a browlift and the hair never grew back...was thinking about doing some hair shading/microblading like they do for eyebrows but instead for the hairline to disguise it!

Yes I saw other examples , my scar looks horrible in comparison . I’m so pissed . It looks very unnatural and I’ve been asked several times what happened

I thought about microblading but then if I wanted to dye my hair in the future, it wouldn’t blend, so that’s why I’m doig a flesh toned tatoo