BeautyHacker

Should I get my rhinoplasty in the US or Korea?

The first step would be visiting a local surgeon in your area, it would be good to see at least 2 or 3 if you can. It may cost some money (consulting fee), but even if they charge $100 per consultation for a total of $300. That may be a good investment because you could save a whole trip to Korea if you find the right person, and even if you don't, then you can look at it like $300 worth of education and less research you have to do now because you have a better idea about what to do and options for you nose, if you decide to start searching in Korea. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/23/2019 at 3:28 PM, JustDimples14 said:

I considered this too but bc I’m asian I prefer to go to SK not just for the cost but bc they are used to working with asian faces. I checked out Dr.Yoo in Beverly Hills online and he charges about $20k for a primary rhino. 

If you go to Korea you can expect primary rhinoplasty to be between $4,000 to $7,000

If you can think of flight, food, expenses and accommodations as $2,000, then the total may fall between $6,000 to $9,000

I would choose Korean doctors. If you are able to find a good surgeon then you can get overall facial harmony. A skilled Korean doctor looks at all angles of the face and is able to determine your lacking points. US doctors are brilliant at doing one specific thing. Unlike Korean clinics which have teams of people to give you the best results. In the end both are skilled but you must find the one that can enhance your looks. Right? 

4 hours ago, C.S.H said:

I would choose Korean doctors. If you are able to find a good surgeon then you can get overall facial harmony. A skilled Korean doctor looks at all angles of the face and is able to determine your lacking points. US doctors are brilliant at doing one specific thing. Unlike Korean clinics which have teams of people to give you the best results. In the end both are skilled but you must find the one that can enhance your looks. Right? 

I think this is a unique aspect since Korean clinics can have 2 and as many as 10 or more surgeons working at one clinic, whereas in the US they are mostly 1 surgeon private practices. 

• 4 weeks later...

$20K for Dr. Yoo is just for rib rhino. In Korea, full rib rhino is about $12K for primary. So the difference after taking that into consideration is about $7K (taking into account $2K living and traveling - VAT refund). 

I think there are a good selection of doctors in Beverly Hills for Asian rhinoplasty. If you want to explore another country, go to Korea. If you prefer to have the healing process somewhere you are familiar with, there are also options in the US.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/23/2019 at 2:28 PM, JustDimples14 said:

I considered this too but bc I’m asian I prefer to go to SK not just for the cost but bc they are used to working with asian faces. I checked out Dr.Yoo in Beverly Hills online and he charges about $20k for a primary rhino. 

I knew he was going to be expensive but...that seems like a lot? He's getting to be really famous on IG now so I guess it makes sense! 🤷‍♀️