BeautyHacker

HUMP REDUCTION+ NOSE TIP CORRECTION at Opera

Hello, forumeners!

I am a 26 year-old french girl living in South Korea.

I had HUMP REDUCTION & NOSE TIP CORRECTION at Opera.
I added many photos and very detailed description about my journey. If you read it, you will understand and know what to expect for the next 3 months from surgery day.

There is not much info about caucasian rhino with hump so hopely my journey and photos will be helpful here. I had a small discount from the clinic for writing this review tho( there was a special promotion) but I wrote only facts about recovery and my condition.
*PHOTOS HAVE NOT BEEN EDITED*

Before
They are my before nose and I never really liked my nose, which I found long and humpy. When I was a teenager, the hump was not that visible but as I grew older, I felt like it became more obvious and I really disliked my reflection when I could see my nose from the side view or 3/4 view.

As I was now in South Korea for a year, I decided to visit several clinics so I could seek professional opinions about a rhinoplasty. However, I was still very uncertain about it since plastic surgery is really not a thing in France. Moreover I was afraid of the outcome of the surgery - especially since Koreans usually ask for a higher nose, and not a reduction nose !

Then, I finished my research and consultations in a month and booked a surgery with Opera. I won't say why I chose it because then this review will be not objective.

D-Day
Surprisingly, I was not that anxious right before the surgery and J, the consultant, was very sweet and comforting which helped.

I changed and she took pictures of my nose before I met my doc one more time before the surgery, to talk about what I was expecting of my rhinoplasty. I did repeat what I wanted and show some pictures I photoshopped but I forgot to remind him that I wanted a smaller tip/less bulbous as we focused on the side view. Anyway, he told me he would have to slightly lift the tip when removing the hump so it doesn’t look droopy.

Then she lead me to the operating room and the anesthetist and the nurses began to prepare me for the operation. Nothing painful but shaving your nose hair is quite uncomfortable haha. Then I remember my surgeon coming in, telling me he’ll take a look at my nose and then I felt asleep.

I can’t remember exactly how I was transferred to the resting room, but I think I was half awake as I remember someone calling my name. I woke up at 3PM with an urge to pee. I was kind of dizzy but the consultant helped me get up and then I came back to rest just a little bit more. Around 5PM, I could go.

I had to come at 10:30AM and spent nearly an hour for making payment, changing, signing papers, pictures, final consultation with my surgeon. but still the surgery took longer than expected. Indeed, my doc told me that because my skin was paper-thin, it was quite delicate to shave the hump without any irregularities showing underneath. But he managed to do it without any need for a silicon implant to smooth the bridge, so I’m glad !

Anyway, as I went back home alone, I felt okay ! My face was not swollen - yet - and I had minor bruises on the face. I had a bag that they gave me with the instructions to follow after the surgery, with my medicines, a mask and some cool packs to use the first few days since it helps with the swelling. So the first night was very uncomfortable, as I had a fever plus I couldn’t breathe using my nose. The fever went down quickly as I took the painkillers and as I returned to Opera D+1, they told me it happens to some people, so no to worry.

D+1,
They removed the stuff cotton from my nostrils and it already felt better. I couldn’t breathe perfectly yet, but it was definitely better this way. I returned home, with a face this time well swollen and bruised, and I rested for approximately a week, trying to sleep elevated and straight.

In my opinion, the swelling was not that bad, as for the bruised who were not severe and disappeared rather quickly. The worse part actually, was the oily skin i developed since surgery (and the fact that I couldn’t wash).

D+7
One week after surgery, I was so relieved to return to the clinic to take off stitches and the cast ! My skin needed to breathe, i felt itchy ! There was also some kinds of pad inside my nose and it felt really uncomfortable when the nurse took it out.

And I saw my face in the mirror ! It was obviously a success even tho it was swollen, especially the bridge, so it looked very rigid and fake still. But my hump was not here anymore ! However I wished it was a little bit more defined at the bottom.

D+14 :
I came back to remove the last stitched inside the nose, without pain, and we took some pictures. My nose was still kind of swollen but it felt good to have my nose back without anything stuffed inside. Next appointment after one month !

D+90 more
I can say this is the final result. Each visit I had a follow up with surgeon and took photos. Again, they are edited. If you want to see more photos of me, you can find in their blog(operaplasticsurgery.wordpress.com)
:heart: Have a successful and safe surgery all :heart:

Hey there! I have an upcomming consultation at Opera that I‘m looking forward too. I have the same issue you had and will have the same procedure done. I can‘t contact you via pm so maybe you could contact me so I could ask you a few things to make me less nervous? Thank you!