BeautyHacker

How much do air tickets from SG - Korea typically cost?

Yes. They are in the range of $600+ to less than $2,000.
It depends on the airline though.
Cathay airline is around $600+ to $800 but it stops over at HongKong. It will take at least 8hrs with the stopover. Direct flights like Korea Air or Asiana Air will cost from $800+ to $1100. SQ will be more than $1100. Direct flight will take 6hrs.
Asiana Air Business Class will be around $2,000.

Thank you so much for your reply! Much appreciated :smile:

I've aldy booked with korea air for my Feb trip. Since i'm travelling alone, prefer to go with direct flight.
620 SGD.
if u booked from skyscanner, it's 10SGD cheaper.
SQ is more than 700SGD.
choose weekdays to travel/ avoid long holidays at SK/use skyscanner or cheap flight website, u can get a bit cheaper price.
or choose one stop. direct flight are more expensive.

Wow. Thats cheap!

thanks so much for your comment! i’ll definitely do that :biggrin:

@greenteacookie, if you are looking to fly by direct flight to korea, try looking out for the airline's promotions as well. Especially if you are booking flights quite in advance (like a few months in advance). From time to time, airlines have promos for different flight routes on their websites, so they could be cheaper than skyscanner or price comparison websites, just remember to read the T and Cs for the promo.

There was one period I saw SQ having promo for flight to Seoul and prices were from $600+ onwards, depending on what dates and timing you choose.

Oh and btw, if you intend to shop a lot or are going with family/friends and shopping besides just doing PS, SQ would be a better choice for direct flights as you get more free baggage allowance compared to Korean Air and Asiana. Or else, if you don't mind a stopover, Cathay has pretty cheap flights to Seoul as well, and also with same baggage allowance as SQ.

Woah, that's cheap! Thanks so much for the advice :smile: