BeautyHacker

Hello Everyone,
I want to share my experience with DES at MVP. I am so happy I found this forum because it really helped with narrowing down where to get my DES. It will be a long read so feel free to skip some parts.
I am from the states and traveled to Korea in April 2018. Since I didn’t have a lot of time, I emailed a few plastic surgery places for prices.

GNG Hospital

Double eyelid surgery (incision) 2.5million won
Double eyelid surgery (incision + ptosis) 3.5 million won

Cinderella Plastic Surgery
Estimated Price: Double Eyelid surgery (incision) 3,500,000 KRW

ITEM Plastic Surgery
The average quote for this surgery ranges from 1,850,000~2,160,000 KRW.

MVP
Description Amount

Double eyelid surgery (incision) KRW 1,500,000 +10% Tax

Ptosis correction (incision) KRW1,000,000+10% Tax

DEPOSIT REQUIRMENT KRW 500,000

I saw a lot of good reviews from MVP and talked with Elizabeth through Kakao Talk. She was the only one who reached out to me and made me feel very comfortable. I was very nervous but she assured me that I will be in excellent hands with Dr. Seo. I decided to go with them since they were in my price range and she was very nice and caring. I talked to Elizabeth about the dates and how the procedure will go. She recommended that I move my set date to the day after since she wouldn’t be able to be there the day I originally wanted. I agreed as I felt most comfortable with having her be there since I talked to her only.

Elizabeth informed me that I will be getting a notification after I send my deposit in and I will get pick up/dropped off at the airport with no additional fees. Which was awesome! I was super excited and anxiously waiting for the day. I booked this in January and had three months until then. I got busy with work and forgot about it. As I was getting ready to pack for Korea, I remember that Elizabeth did not message me about my deposit or check in to see when I will be flying out. I messaged her about me arriving in Korea tomorrow and waited for her reply. I didn’t get a reply until I landed in Korea, which made me a bit annoyed since she never confirmed with me about my deposit or them picking me up. I messaged her again and got picked up and dropped off at my Airbnb.

Fast forward to two days later. I arrive at MVP thirty minutes early at 11. They led me upstairs I talk with Victoria and she tells me that Elizabeth would not be in. I was very disappointed as I only pushed back my DES because she said that she would be there. I filled out paperwork and changed into their gown. I sat in the waiting area for about thirty minutes and was led back to the photography room where they took pictures and then back in the waiting room. My surgery was scheduled at two and it was already noon. I sat for another hour before I had a consultation with Dr. Seo. It was very quick, 10 minutes and I felt rushed. He went over what I wanted while Ellen translated for me. I wanted a parallel line with ptosis correction which they recommended. Dr. Seo also told me I need a brow lift which I declined as I felt a bit pressured to do procedures that I didn’t need or know if I needed it.

I signed some consent forms and paid around $2100 and sat back in the waiting room for a long time. I chatted with a girl there who had walked in after me and was already further in the process than I was. She already had her surgery lines drawn and ready to go upstairs. I was honestly nervous and didn’t want to complain as I was a foreigner. So, I just waited and was finally brought up to my room at three.

I get into my room and the same girl I chatted with was already in there! She asked Ellen when we would go to surgery and Ellen said the she would go first since her surgery was more complex than mine. I was really disappointed and irritated as I have been waiting all day. Finally, at five, I went into the operation room. They hooked me up to monitors and strapped me down, which made me super nervous! I was chatting with Victoria and she noticed that I was nervous cause my heart monitor was beating so fast lol. The nurses prepped me while Victoria translated. Dr. Seo came in after twenty minutes, looked at my face and before I knew it, I went under.

I remember looking at swirls of colors, kind of like you closing your eyes on a sunny day and seeing different colors run across your eyes closed. It was very relaxing then I felt immense pain in my left eye which caused me to jerk and scream. I came too when they were pressing down on my left eye really hard. I was scared and hoped that it didn’t cause any damage. I could feel Dr. Seo stitching up my left eye which was really painful then stitched my right eye. Dr. Seo asked me to open and close my eye as he stitched up my eyes. After about twenty minutes, they helped me off the table and brought me to my room. The nurse pressed the ice pack onto my eyes really hard and left. I have no idea how long I was in my room for but my eyes were very swollen, painful and I was very exhausted.

I think it was Victoria who came into my room to tell me how to take my meds, how to self-care, when I should come back and a whole bunch of other stuff. Everything felt very rushed but I didn’t care at the moment because I was in so much pain. I got back to my Airbnb around 7 and had the hardest time sleeping. You have to sleep at a 90-degree angle so the blood doesn’t pool in your eyes. I think I slept like three hours that night and I woke up the next morning feeling like I had two black eyes and very nausea.

The first day was the worst. I was nausea from the anesthetics and my left eye popped a few blood vessels from the operation. I was really scared my eyes were going to look deformed and not heal correctly. After the third day I felt a lot better and had some tightness in my eyes. I went back to the clinic on the fourth day for a check up and clean up. After I got my eyes cleaned Dr. Seo came in and checked my eyes and said they were healing fine and left. The nurses laid me down on the table again then started taking out my stitches. I kind of freaked out and asked why they were taking out my stitches since I wasn’t supposed to remove them until the seventh day. They told me that my eyes are healing fine, that’s why they are doing it that day. But I felt like they removed them sooner so I wouldn’t have to go back to the clinic.

After they removed my stitches, the nurses kept talking back and forth to each other in Korean. Then one of them left and got Dr. Seo. He came in and looked at my eyes and said it’s okay. Then left again. That made me even more worried. Why did he have to come look at my eyes again! And what are they really not telling me?! After that, nobody contacted me nor was I given the ride I was promised to the airport. As the days passed my eyes started to feel better. I would say they didn’t feel completely normal until my 3rd-4th post month. I did have small stitches thread still left over in my eyes, even now I can still see them. I have tried to remove most of them but some are very deep so I cannot get them.

It has almost been a year and I am mostly happy with the results but I can tell my left eye has slightly a high crease than my right eye. Overall if I had to do it again, I would have walked into multiple clinics and probably would have gone with different clinic. I didn’t like how I was treated at MVP. I felt rushed all the time, my time wasn’t valuable as I basically waited for the whole day and felt like once they got me as a client and my deposit, they could disregard me as they wished. My total amount for DES was around $2600, I remember someone else on this forum saying that if you pay in cash they give you a discount. That is not true as I paid in cash and asked for a discount, they said they do not do that.

I hoped my experience was informative and if you have any questions, I will try to answer them as best as I can. Thanks!

• 3 months later...
Thank you so much for sharing such a personal, detailed, and visual experience. I'm sorry you were not treated any better, but I'm happy for you that your result was still successful. Your eyes look beautiful and 100% improvement from before despite it not being "perfect".

I too am considering a similar procedure, but I am a bit apprehensive to move forward.

• 5 months later...

Thank you, Sorry for such a late reply! My advice will to research throughly before jumping into anything and going with your gut feeling! Best wishes to you and I hope everything goes as you plan :smile:

Oh wow I randomly clicked on this just to see and your feelings of being rushed and being part of just a number is exactly how I felt when I went in for consultation (disclaimer: I did not go with MVP).

You should really contact MVP and let them know that they left some stitches in.. that is not okay!

But your eyes look nice. :smile:

I had my eyelid surgery and had pretty much the same experience but without the broken blood vessel. I also felt rushed, because I was getting no response through Kakaotalk while I was in Korea, I had to call them multiple times to let them know I wanted to do my surgery there before I finally got a hold of someone. One the phone, they told me to be there within the next half hour or so, so I rushed there forgetting my glasses behind at the Airbnb. Then they left me waiting for hours in the VIP room after prepping me for surgery before going down to the surgical room. Surgery was very painful too. It was the most painful experience I've ever had in my life. I even started crying in the middle of it and I remember Dr Seo saying 'asymmetry, asymmetry'. I was woken up at around closing time and they rushed me out while I was still groggy and not ready to leave. Follow up care was not the great for me. I only got one deswelling treatment and didn't even see Dr Seo for my two follow ups. I only saw him days after my stitches were taken out because one side of my eye got infected. I did not like my overall experience either. I'm actually looking to go back though since they offer free revision. Dr Seo did a good job and gave me what I asked for but I just don't like how my eyes look and want to reverse the DES, remove more skin since my eyes look hooded and do lower canthoplasty on one eye.

I’m just done my DES at MVP last friday
I cannot comment anything about the result since my eyes are still swollen

but for me the after care was great
I didnt get the free airport transport (they didnt promise me) i only heard about it
I didnt wait long for the consultation & surgery or even the aftercare
I came super early like 1hr before the schedule and they can get me in right away to do the swelling treatment etc

they never complain and always smiling

I got a very cheap price tbh, they didnt ask me to write review and such.. they just gave me cheap price with lots of adds on treatment for my mom because i think they’re happy that i come right away to MVP when i landed in seoul
And i also DIDNT pay any deposit

I feel 1/10 pain during surgery, when i flinch Dr. Seo instructing the nurse to gave me more sedatives and my left eye more swollen because i remember he fix it again after he done the stitches maybe because not balance and such

i feel the most pain when they took the bloodtest.. the nurse on 2nd floor so rushing and my arm numb for the whole day after that

• 5 weeks later...
Wow. Your experience at MVP scares me. I’m a foreigner too. MVP is on my list but now reading and seeing your healing freaks me out (the blood vessel pops and such). But your result of 6 months post op is beautiful! Dis you do canthoplasty or epi as well?

• 3 months later...
Yeah it really sucks that the quality of service wasn't the best.

I don't think it would even matter if I contacted them about the stitches especially how they handled the aftercare.

Thank you! Did you get DES as well?

Omg! I wonder if there are more bad reviews about MVP. I read a lot of good reviews that's why i chose to go there. So sorry that you had to deal with that experience too!

I would be kinda scared going back since the first experience wasn't very good. How do you feel about your eyes now? Do you still think you'll go do a revision?

Wow your experience seems so much more pleasant and positive than mine! How are did you heal and do you like your results?

I would say your best bet is make a list and walk into the clinic for a consultation. I mainly narrowed down my list based on price and reviews. Good luck!

Thank you! They do look mostly normal now but if you look closely you can see a light pink scar on my eyelids. I only did the DES with ptosis correction.