BeautyHacker

Cosmetic surgery researching in Seoul for African rhinoplasty and anti-aging procedures

My advice is to visit the clinics, hang around & chat with the patients. Check out their results, ask them to show you their before & afters. Most clinics photoshop or use make-up to cover scars or contour the face to catfish patients. Better to see them IRL. Other clinics that you could visit are Hanabi, PS101 - Dr. Paik.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`m surprised coz noses are his speciality. He did revision for this lady https://beautyhacker.com/forums/topic/867732-my-plastic-surgery-with-dream-medical-group/ and she liked her results.

Yeah but its kind of hard to judge what her starting point was when she didn't share any photos. The youtuber "Elaine Mok" went to dream (dr park) and posted reviews but even though her nose looked really nice from the side but was still deviated from the front after the surgery.

You have nailed what I always say which is people say this and that click is blotching people and when I actually look at the so called blotched results I shake my head in disbelief because I see no blotching but I see an issue of expectations unmanaged hence client crying out with fowl okay whereas there is no blotching. People expect miracles and unfortunately even highly skilled surgeon aren’t miracle makers. People aren’t real with their expectations. For me blotching is coming out with a nose that’s collapsed or completely uneven without asymmetry looking way worse than my original nose etc, ie those kind of things. I’m always said I will be happy and over the moon with an overall improvement of my nose because a complete reinvention of any nose is impossible to get. Look I will be even happy with just alar reduction that’s how realistic I am!

Totally agree with you. In Korea, I get the impression that most botched jobs are due to miscommunication. Most surgeons can`t speak English & rely on the translators/consultants who in turn make unrealistic promises to patients just to get the $$$. I think it is wise to go to these consutations with an independent translator so that you are sure that you & the Dr. are on the same page, Don`t give up on VIP yet, u could still consult with them. Dr. Lee is a skilled surgeon & his incision work is very good. He reduced corrected my alars coz they were uneven after my primary rhino & all incisions were internal.
He did this lady`s nose too & I like the result. I think she has recent pics on realself:
https://beautyhacker.com/forums/topic/954220-african-american-rhinoplasty-vip-international-plastic-surgery-center-seoul/

One thing
Today marks T-5days before i touch down in Seoul for my life changing event. Well im hoping the life changing event is for the better and not the worst. I have done all research i could do remotely and now its time to embark on face to face consultations.

After several online conversations with the following clinics: GNG, Cinderella, View, Uvom, The Grand, ID, and JK, i have narrowed it down to the following clinics for face to face consultations: GNG, Cinderella, View, Uvom and The Grand . Why did i cut out ID, DA and JK?

ID: I just didn't feel comfortable with them during our online conversations and i also their results on African noses arent my kind of results that i would want for myself.

DA: they just purely didn't respond!!! Yip nothing at all.

JK: Where do i start? They responded to half of my concerns and they said they will get back to me with the other half. This was 3 weeks ago and even today no response. So i thought nah let me not entertain them because i would not want to be ignored post surgery when i really have a serious concern.

I will post again when have completed by back to back consultations which will be in the 14 June.

:drinks:Best of luck! looking forward to more updates. I`m also struggling with tear troughs but have found no viable solution. I wanted to have under eye bleph but a PF member warned that hers returned two years post surgery & to make matters worse, weakened her lower eye muscles. She recommended fillers but you need top ups every year. Fat transfers or fillers work well for nasolabial folds. For the forehead endoscopic forehead lift or botox.

I would strongly recommend to try to look at the reviews of the clinics.
Usually you can find it on the website, almost every clinic has its own cafe, and most of them have "events" on Babi talk or Gangnam eonni. There is also this English application Beauty Social, where you can find the reviews of foreigners for almost all the clinics that had been mentioned here.
I don't have much experience with plastic surgeries, I just had been one time with a friend while she had a consultation at Seoul Queen, and from what she found out about them, they are quite good at nose jobs.

I thought I should give an update on my journey so far. I landed in Seoul on Tuesday and yeah jet lag hit me hard. The next 4 days I went for 3 face to face consults at these clinics: GNG, View and Uvom.

Day 1 in Seoul I just slept – lol.

Day 2 in Seoul: Consultation with GNG: 1200 – 15:45 (idle time roughly 45min due to moving in between floors for tests, doctors wait was roughly 20mins – well I arrived early so my fault lol)
Arrived at the hospital 30mins early and I got attended to right away and filled in forms etc. My translator was already there but on another floor and when he heard I was there he came down to meet with me, after all I was 30mins early. It was a super relief to know that he was formally living in the US for a VERY long time because that gave me a comfort feeling that messages from Dr to me and vice versa will not be too “diluted”. I completed all forms, took pictures, MANY pictures, had my head 3D scans, ECG test, chest x-rays, blood taken and pee sample taken for tests. Yeah pee sample I didn’t see that one coming my way. Spend about 1h-1h30min consulting with the GNG consultant + translator to discuss my concerns being the following. 1) Wide bulbous nose 2) Forehead lift to lift my eye brow so that the upper eyelid saggy skin disappears and “iron out” my emerging forehead bumpy skin aka first signs of ageing (sigh) and 3) Full face fat graft to add back volume to my face. Note: I want the volume I had when I was 30 years old and not to change myself. With that said I went with my younger-self pics to consultation to demonstrate what I want along with wish pics for nose and eye brow lift. Before I forget the translator was provided by GNG I didn’t source one.

Post the consultant meeting, I met with Dr Seong the head surgeon there for my rhino and Dr Park for forehead lift and fat graft and I think I spend about 30mins with each doctor. I felt the doctors understood my needs and how they can meet them. What I appreciated was the push back when something was not achievable because I don’t want a doctor who is going to sell me fake dreams.

My 3D scans revealed that I have small nasal passages naturally which is still normal as doctor said. He (Dr Seong) also said looking at my current internal nasal passages if he shrinks the nose the way I desire it to be I am without a doubt risking the possibility of having breathing problems. He said shrink the nose from outside = shrink the internal nasal passages. For people like me with smaller nasal passages we are at risk of developing breathing problems if no internal functional nose adjustments are made to accommodate the nose shrinking from the outside. He suggested that I do functional (internal) nose passages widening, in essence shrink the nose outside and make the nose inside bigger – reversing things - AKWARD (hahahaha)

Price: the initial price was outside my budget and the minute I said lets negotiate GNG was able to come to the party and made things fit within my budget. I was happy with GNG more especially that they are ENT Plastic Surgery and my breathing is priority considering I would like to preserve the integrity of my nose functions.

Because my GNG consultation overran and I didn’t mind as I was the one dragging it that long asking questions and wanting clarity, I texted Cinderella to cancel as I wasn’t going to be able to make it to them on time.

Day 3: Consultation with View: 13:00 – 15:00 (idle time 1hr because I was waiting purely for doctor yet I had an appointment).
Arrived at View, completed forms and went for pictures and then went into a room where I wanted for the consultant. It wasn’t a long wait. We did the consultation with the consultant listing the exact same stuff I mentioned above and then I had to wait for 1hr for the doctor to come and that consultation with the doctor was around 15mins long. I did feel he understood the overall structure of what I wanted but he suggested I shouldn’t do the fat graft now and he didn’t want to reduce my alar and that’s my major area of concern.

Price was it was slightly higher than expected especially with less things involved in the surgery and very reluctant to price negotiation and gave a very low discount.

No tests done nothing and only 2 pictures taken front and 45 degree angle (shocked!!). Maybe they do the tests when you have signed up with them?? I don’t know. By the way the View has in house translators.

Day 3: Consultation with Uvom: 10:00 – 12:30 (idle time 30-45mins because I was waiting for consultant yet I had an appointment).
Arrived at Uvom, completed forms and went for pictures, more pictures than View but definitely less pics than GNG. They offered me a translator as well of which both of us then went into a room for 30-45mins and waited for the consultant to come, yes the consultant not the doctor. Hmmmmm I had an appointment its not like I just showed up right. Same story repeated about my concerns. The consultation was very impressive and VERY detailed. That I must give it to them they do know how to impress. I spend quality time with the Dr Lee and Dr Kang and I was very satisfied with my consultation. Just like with View no tests where done. Maybe they follow the same approach, who knows.

Final outcome:
I have decided to go with GNG purely because I liked the tests they did just on day 1 without even knowing I was going to sign up with them or not. The tests they did revealed details of what others couldn’t see and therefore they couldn’t advise me about the risk of breathing problems post-surgery due to my small nasal passages. Them being an ENT and cosmetic surgery hospital they are able to mitigate the risk of having breathing problems by making internal functional nose adjustments which non-ENT clinics cant do therefore GNG made me feel im in better hands and my expectations were managed. Im scheduled to go under the knife tomorrow. I will document my journey probably 1-2 weeks post op because as you can imagine I will in recovery mode and not in the best shape to be typing lol.

From what I have heard, there is more than one botched job at VIP.

The (US) doctor who botched my nose had a ton of good reviews - and receives more bad ones every day. Just remember that the people who are encouraging you to go ahead aren't the ones paying for your surgery and won't have to live with it if you are botched.

Yay! Love the updates. Wishing u all the best & a quick recovery. Btw where will you be staying? Is gng providing accommodation? Keep us posted.

I stayed at a hotel very close to Gangum station and i paid for it myself.