BeautyHacker

Consultation Experience this past weekend (Hyundai)

Hi I'm Hiro and I'm from Japan, well not really, I'm actually nisei 2nd generation from Torrance, CA. But have been living here in Tokyo for the past 2 years teaching.

I have the most Asian eyes imaginable

My problem is I have the most straight up asian eyes, whatever you're imagining right now, it's worse than that. "Eyes Wide Shut," was my nickname in college when people would see pics of me on FB and IG smiling. Yep I've heard that knee slapper plenty of times.

Now that I'm out in the motherland Asia. I thought about getting this treated.

I've consulted in Tokyo at a few clinics with the most notable one being with Dr Sakai, but I felt a little underwhelmed by their results after looking at photos during the consultation.

Seoul is a pretty short flight from Tokyo, so I decided to jump on a plane and head out there this past weekend. I'd been digesting these threads for a minute and decided to do a play-by-play and sort of document the experience here.

I was initially going to go to IVE, IOU and Hyundai Aesthetics, but Hyundai Aesthetics was the only one that confirmed that I can come in on Saturday at 4PM. I guess a lot of places close down around that time and clinics are closed on Sunday.

Here was my consult Experience at Hyundai.

The clinic is near a subway station called Sinsa, and from the outside the building looks a standard office building. There are few clinics inside this building, and Hyundai has 3 floors.

Hyundai consult area is located on the 2nd floor. When I came at 4 they mentioned that my doctor, Dr. Hwang, had a customer book surgery, so they asked me to chill out or come back around 5 if I wanted to look around.

The clinic is near some trendy shopping street, so went for a stroll.

Clinic & Staff

Overall, the atmosphere was really calm, it was more after hours and I thought it was really cool people were just staying behind just for me. Overall the clinic seemed very clean and the front desk ladies reminded me the kind that work for Korean Air or ANA.

Consultant

My consultant was this pretty woman, her name slips my mind, but I first went to small room with a computer where she asked what I was going for, and when, and about my background if I had surgery before. She then flipped through some photos of similar cases.

Dr. Hwang

Later I went into this larger doctor's office and waited for Doctor Hwang. He does eyes and nose, but I heard can do eyes really well. Dr Hwang came in and he was still wearing his surgery scrubs, and and mask. and once he settled in we started talking. He was pretty upbeat and nice, which seemed kind of nice and help put things at ease. He used these small wires to sort of mimic where my fold would be and kept asking what I thought about it when I looked in the mirror.

The consultant was helping me to communicate with him, and overall it was very good and informative consultation.

I feel pretty good they give me what I'm looking for so decided to take the plunge and book it with them next month. I'll keep everyone posted, but if you're thinking about eyes or nose, this place looks really underrated and a good find. But then again, it was the only places I saw, but seemed a lot better than my LA and Tokyo experiences, so don't take my word for it. check it out for yourself

Hope this helps for anyone thinking of flying to Korea for consultation for eye surgery. Will try to keep this updated.

Waiting Room
[​IMG]

Albums
[​IMG]

Going over basics
[​IMG]

Waiting for Dr Hwang
[​IMG]

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry catching up on these threads. I'm scheduled to have the surgery next week. I was having some problems wiring from my bank Mizuho Bank. I don't know if this has to do with a lot beef that's supposedly going on between Korea and Japan, some kinda Japanese boycott is going on.

Anyway, I'm going to press my luck and try book without a deposit. Fly in, make deposit on-site and try to get surgery the next or following day.

So far communicating with them has been good. We use Line out here, and they have an account too which made it easy.

I feel nervous, but pretty confident dr hwang will hit a bullseye for my goal.

• 5 weeks later...
Update:

I had my surgery 1st week of September, so it's been about 4 weeks post operation and been meaning to to an update.

I had incisional double eyelid surgery and ptosis correction at Hyundai Aesthetics with Dr Hwang. Here's a recap:

Day of surgery, I came in and went through the motions of checking checked-in and going to a locker to put away my stuff and then Sky (consultant) sat me down and went through the process and helped me get situated.

I then saw Dr. Hwang and sort of had another mini-consult with him where he refreshed himself on the game plan, goals and expectations and showed him some goal photos that he had Sky print out.

I then went into the operating room, and started to get prepped for the surgery. You're awake for the procedure which was kind of a trip, but I guess you have to be because Dr Hwang tells you to open and close your eyes during key parts.

The surgery doesn't hurt, but it feels uncomfortable, like going to the dentist. After I rested in the a recovery room and iced my eyes, and then Sky came in and explained all the medication and dos and don'ts after surgery. After about an hour I was on my feet and walked back to my hotel.

So far I am very happy and like the results. And the experience with Hyundai was very pleasent and would recommend for anyone looking to do DES. They do nose and other procedures, and I trust they're other docs are just as skilled as Hwang, so worth checking out if you plan to combine other surgeries with eyes.

Anyway, I'll come back to add more thoughts.

But AMA (Ask Me Anything)

Mine was pretty droopy and sleepy eyed to the point where I did not want to smile in pictures. I got to see before and afters of similar cases they had printed out and on their computer. but the consultant told me just because they don't have a specific or exact photo case like mine, doesn't mean they have not performed on cases like mine, they said have a lot of experience with people more severe than mine. it's just based on whoever releases their photos.

i saw they had some western staff and their were some white folk in the lobby, so it looks like they know how to handle different shapes. best to go in and see for yourself.

Hi,could you please share your photos if you don't mind?

Hi, like to keep my results on the DL. But waiting for things to heal up and maybe able to send to you via personal message, but please don't share. because of a lot of my friends and family back home (cali) don't know that I did this surgery.

Thanks,I hope you could share the eyelids photos because I'm consider going to Hyundai for Des

• 4 weeks later...