BeautyHacker

In South Korea, PS journey: FC and DES and Nose Filler and.... Undereyes?

Hey guysss

I'm quite jetlagged so I decided to write about my PS journey so far~
This is my FOURTH des ( I have very bad eye surgeries becaue of my lack of research and I didn't pick my doctor thoroughly) I'm Korean so I've been researching a lot on Korean sites. Korean anti surgery cafes, and Korean daum cafes, Korean vloggers, Korean apps (only through forums though that don't use the full clinic names because of brokers. Koreans use a "special" way of writing for the Plastic surgery places where they only use certain symbols so that it's hard to advertise and you would only know that clinic if you knew the name of it. )
korea anti surgery cafes are honestly the best place to research I find. These places might not be as known to foreigners so you guys might have never heard of them, but I honestly prefer plastic surgery centers that cater more towards locals (Koreans) then to foreigners because if they do well locally through word of mouth, they don't have to market heavily on foreigners. I trust that a bit more as word of mouth travels fast in korea. I did research a TON on non Korean websites as well but I felt that a lot of it was limited to the clinics that heavily market towards foreigners.

I'm looking to have DES, FC, and Nose filler, and maybe soething for my undereyes to get rid of puffiness.
I've so far consulted with DES, and FC.

DES:
JJ Plastic Surgery
Doctor has 20 years of experience and he's got a korean youtube channel where he thoroughly explains through re surgical DES and seems to be much more detail oriented and has done a lot of cases of resurgery. he's also the doctor in let me in Thailand.
He was nice and the time he took with me was average I would say. He said I needed : (i'm going to try to describe this in English as best as I can since I only know the Korean terms)

Epicanthropy in the Upper Front (this is different from strict frontal epicanthropy) This epicanthropy opens up your eyes in the upper front in 45 degrees and pulls your tearduct direction up if that makes sense. This is different from taking the Mongolian fold in front away.

Back Epicanthropy (not sure the English term) this is where you make your eyes longer in the back

Bottom epicanthropy (not sure the English term) this is where you make the bottom lids lowered

Ptosis Correction (redo)

Double lid surgery (redo)

He only recommended me ptosis correction in the front upper part of my eyes after I asked him for it. TBH this is the part that I wanted the most and didn't like the most. I felt like to him it was okay, and was more of an after thought.

I liked that there was warranty for five years
Total: 520
Asked for model discount
Warranty: 5 years

LEE HEE MOON Plastic surgery
Skilled doctor has only done eye surgery for 20 years. He's known in south korea for being very good at revision surgeries.
his specialty is ptosis correction. He invented ptosis correction that is used widely in South Korea
Consultation was nice. He took time with me and was patient with my questions. He didn't recommend any form of epicanthropy. he just recommended ptosis correction in the front.
He shows slideshows of his before and after with a similar case as mine. He uses old slides to prove he doesn't do photoshop like so many ps centers do.
price for JUST ptosis correction and duobleyelid surgery re do.

The only thing about this doctor is that he's got a pretty bad rep on the web because he doesn't take responsibility when something goes wrong (no doctor can avoid complications ever, it's really what they do post surgery if you do get complications that honestly really really really matters). it seems like for him the surgeries either goes REALLY WELL like holy **** how did he fix that or...… the few that goes bad goes pretty bad and it seems like he doesn't take responsibility. WIth that said though He has done many many many great surgeries, but I know that for me I really need good post op care.

PRINCING: 680
I noticed that she asked if I searched for pricing first. I told her no (which was not true I have had researched his pricing)
There is a youtube video of him saying how much is pricing is as well. I think me saying no made her feel like it gave her the opportunity to increase the price by a lot
Lee Hee Moon is normally more expensive even to the locals but he is usually 500
680 was pretty high for me and I felt that the consultant wasn't very.... sincere
warranty was only for a year too and I had to actually text through kakaotalk and ask.

Glovi Plastic Surgery
Decided to consult with the Doctor there who only did eye surgeries.
Doctor was very very very very very nice.
He knew exactly what I needed for my eyes. He right away pointed out the front upper part of my eyes was too low which I felt the same. He looked at the asymmetry of my lids and asked me what type of lid design I would like. I told him I like big lids and I wanted to get a parallel lid. He lifted up my left eyelid and asked if this is what i wanted. And I agreed. He told me it's not far off from the line that I have now and he thinks it would look good. He pulled the back of my eyes and said I have no room for back epicanthropy and it would lead to complications if I choose to get them but he can perform bottom epicanthropy since my eyes were angled pretty high up. He said my eyes are pretty asymmetrical and he cant' make them perfectly symmetrical but it would be a lot better then what I have now. I appreciated this as it was honest. out of all the doctors he was the most detailed and wrote down the most amount of notes.
I asked for upper front epicanthropy and he said he thinks he can correct what I felt was a low upper front eye with just ptosis but if I really want it he can perfom it. I told him I really wanted it XD so I pushed to get it. He answered all my questions!

Consultant: She was really really really nice as well. I told her that theres plastic surgery places that up their price when they find out that i'm from overseas and she said that that felt stupid and unfair and she said as I'm consulting FC if I feel like any place was doing that to me I can kakao message her and ask if the pricing that they were giving was fair or not. She also told me that if there's something wrong with the eyelid surgery while i stay here for the month I can always feel free to come back and get it corrected. and even after i leave for the states even after i'm gonen for a full year i can come back and get it redone as the warranty is for three years. I thought this was really nice. I told her I wanted to get my moles removed and she gave me a recommendation of a clinic she used to work in and told me that if I say she sent me there they will give me a discount (which they did ^^ and I got my moles removed, so far it seems like it turned out well)

Total: 420
for:
Ptosis correction
double eyelid resurgery
upper front epicanthropy
and lower epicanthropy

with 3 years of warranty
I chose this place because the doctor felt more detailed and he also knew exactly what I wanted and what I felt was wrong with my eyes before I had to tell him.

FC

Now I've done so much extensive research with FC that I pretty much knew which clinics I wanted to visit.
There really was only two:
Gyalumhan and Madeyoung

I still haven't been able to consult with Gyalum yet which is kind of meh, but I pretty much underestimated how busy these clinics are.

I did consult with Madeyoung though
By far the best looking clinic I've seen out of all I've been so far. Very VERY well designed and clean.
The consultant SHES SO NICE OMG
SHES LIKE THE BEST. I feel really bad because I was late in my consultant and.... I missed another appointment T_T but she was still really nice and understanding.

Doctor:
So freaking friendly.
I"ve never met a doctor whose so friendly. He's very nice and feels seriously like he's your oppa.
he took the LONGEST time with me. he explaind every little thing and was very honest about sagging.
He is VERY knowledgeable in the fact that not everyone wants the Korean doll face, chop off everything, make me super skinny pointy Vline.
He said if I wanted to keep my cheekbones then he would do less SHaving on the jaw as it would cause imbalance.
he said he always leaves a little bit of an angle because if he shaves the whole thing you look like you have a dog's jaw.

He also explained very thoroughly of how cheekbone skin sagging works.
and he said no matter what you can't avoid skin sagging. it's really about where the sagging occurs.
If you push in the side cheekbones then your skin on the sides will sag. BUT if you have a gaunt face the sagging wont be noticeable to normal eyes as it will fill the hollows of your cheeks.
If you push in the 45 degree too much then you get the sagging that everyone is afraid of. the nasalaboid fold swollen looking skin sag. He recommended me that if I really want cheekbone surgery and im most afraid of skin sagging, to only do the side ones (This is different from quick zygoma btw)
but he also was very honest and told me that if I had a twin sister that I would still age faster then she would.
I have to weigh the benefits of looking prettier now vs getting older later. (ofcourse there's lifting options that I can do but he said this is something I need to really think about and decide on)
But he said there's no way I will look like a grandma if I do the zygoma surgery this way.
He also includes lifting and fat removal as well in the procedure

He always shows CT after procedure.
and I have to say it's the cleanest looking CT before and after I've seen comparatively. He is really skilled at bracing those cheekbones. it looks clean af.

VLINE
we took a good look at the nerve line.
and he showed me how he can cut the bones and design it
I asked about the skin sag on the bottom jaw that I see here on purse sometimes
he performs lifting in order to prevent it but he said that the amount of skin bunch that happens depends on how far your chin is from your neck and also what type of jaw you have. So if you have like super super super super v line and very very very very short chin to neck length and have never done vline you would still get that skin bunch when you crane your neck because as you can imagine theres just not that much space.
So my doctor has a natural vline. he showed me that the difference between square jaw people and vline people (naturally) for Asians is that if you have a square jaw you don't notice the scrunch skin as much as you do when you don't have a square jaw. He showed me how when he sits straight and he cranes his neck a little bit (he has a natural vline, this doctor is young and he's a good looking doctorlol) you can see the skin more whereas when I do it because my jaw is so much bigger it doesn't happen at all, so that is something that I should keep in mind but you don'tnotice it until you try and look for it.
This is different from sagging without lifting. That's extra skin that you gotta get rid of through lifting procedure which he does with vline.

I"m having a second consultation with the doctor ( it was supposed to be today.. but I missed it >.<)
because I still have questions, but he took a lot of time with me.

My consultation with gyalum is at 11/04
it's pretty late...

I hope to write about it too
the only thing I am iffy about gyalum is that they do thread lifting after Vline instead of real lifting.

My des is scheduled for 11-05
and my FC is scheduled for 11-07 with madeyoung and will cancel if I like gylaum consult better.
I have an IWELL FC consultation tomorrow and I will write about it here!

THanks guys!! I will keep updating

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Hey!

I actually do have my updates.
I am 5 days post op on eyes and four days on post op on FC cheekbones, square, and chin.

I decided to change the clinic that i was going to have it on.
I was originally going to do madeyoung but I decided on Gyalumhan instead.
I loved madeyoung and honestly am still debating if i made the right choice by switching. The major reason for the switch was because i wanted more of a chin.

FACIAL CONTOUR UPDATES

More Consultations:

I consulted at I-well as well....
The consultation was too brief, and the doctor didn't really seem like he had much time for me. He was rushed and he didn't seem to care much. He didn't really ask if i had anymore questions he didn't really touch my face... he didn't seem very invested in me. I think total consultation time took about 15 minutes.

I want to write more about madeyoung
The doctor there is really friendly and he will make your face towards your request as much as he can, honestly more then other plastic surgeons, he understood that i was from america and that i liked having cheekbones. He also understood that i wanted a side angle left on my side. He spent around 40 minutes consulting answering every single question. He even did a second consultation with me when i wasn't sure about things. He touched my face did thorough examination with the CT scan. The only thing that we kept disagreeing on was the chin part. He might have been right but I still felt like my chin was too short and needed lengthening. He said the main reason why he doesn't like doing the chin lengthening toward someone who feels doesn't need is is because later on the bone does disintegrate and you will get a mark in the corner where they braced the chin. He also suggested cutting quite a bit of frontal bone off so my front face becomes a lot more narrow if that makes sense? Tbh it is someting a lot of people that want facial contour want but i wasn't sure because for me i liked the look of having the line of from cheek bone to mouth to be straight and then coming to a point, i can explain why i think that's appealing later becaause i think it's asommething a lot of people are not aware of and wonder why after facial contour their jaw starts looking weak.
The surgeon let me know also how pushing in the 45 degree angle is what causes the sagging look that people hate so much. if you just push in the sides your skin sags to the side and fills in the hallow part underneath your cheekbones if that's what you have access of.
He also has a ton of before afters of him fixing people with the skin sagging issue from cheekbone surgery, where he brings some fourty five degree that people have lost and takes out the fat and also does a lifting.
He also has a bunch of before afters of him fixing fragmented bones where they just didn't brace correctly, and honsetly i have never seen anyone's brace look as clean as his. If any of you guys are suffering from bad cheekbone reduction i really recommend you go consult with this doctor to get your facial balance and youth back.

I do feel kind of bad about not getting surgery here as they also do lifting with face contour and the surgeon is extremely skilled but i still think i made the right choice to go to gylaumhan and i 'll write about why next.

Madeyoung was the most expensive one out of them all but they dont cheat you because your a foreigner. Their pricing is all over the website and babitalk, gangnam sister, and online for locals and they charge the same for foreigners. They are a more expensive clinic because honestly the doctor is more skilled. The one disadvantage that foreigners have with madeyoung is because they can't check on you after three months they don't accept model submissions from foreigners because they feel you can technically just get the discount and run to your country and never contact them back haha which makes sense.

Gyalumhan
One of the most well known face contour clinics in South Korea. They are known to be safe and accident free since 1997.
I consulted with Dr. Park No Hyuk. He is a very very very thorough surgeon. Madeyoung surgeon was very thorough as well but this surgeon felt like he had a whole nother level of experience and that's not putting down the madeyoung surgeon since he was extremely thorough and knowledgeable as well. He is also one of the fewer surgeons in korea that don't like to cut off that much of your face. He really likes the natural look and hates people looking plastic. So if your looking for something super drastic like barbie style this doctor is not for you.

The major reason why i decided to go to gyalumhan was he was very specific on not just the face shape of why my face felt lacking but the depths and crevices of my face as well. He talked about why i felt like i had a fatty face when i had hardly any fat above my nasalaboid fold and the reason for it was because i have some fat above the nasalaboid (but not a lot) but the biggest culprit was my lack of fat right underneathe the nasalaboid fold and i had protruding lips. He told me very honestly that cheekbone reduction does cause sagging there's no way around it but the people that have successful cheekbone reduction vs the ones that don't is if you can actually see the sagging. And he hates how plastic surgeons in korea just pushes everyting in and expect it'll look good. He told me for me he will push up the cheekbones higher push in the fourty five dgree but he always leaves it there because he thinks that the best cheekboens on koreans are ones that are pushing towards your face up and you can actually see. He will push in my cheekbones to the side and do his best to reduce the sagging look.
I also liked how when he was consulting with me he was really pushing the fat around my face and seeing how everything will look, how much sagging i would get, etc. He was a very honest surgeon and I really appreciated that. Madeyoung was super honest too both of them were honestly neck in neck.
The biggest reason why i chose gylaumhan was because of the frontal jaw look. He said my chin was too short and honestly i really agree with that. He also does the whole straight line from cheekbone to where the mouth is and then coming to a point look which honestly i agree with the most. WIthout that your jaw starts looking really really weak and your face looks unbalanced.
I will post what i mean right now:
[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wow these are really big images.
but you can see how the major angle starts where the lip starts.
That was very important for me because i think that's what's the most prettiest and i do honestly like longer chins like rihanna lmao

A lot of plastic surgeons cut above the lip line.
[​IMG]
not suggesting that the girl in the far right has had jaw contour but if you look at the girls the ones on the left three look a lot prettier imo then the girl on the far right, and honestly i think it's because her jaw angle doesn't start until wayyyy back up her ear.
with lisa and jennie it starts angling the most where the lip line is. and i think they are the prettiest imo

so this is the most reason why i changed my mind and decided to go with gyalumhan because this doctor seemed like he knew how to make a really pretty face based on your face line which is dictated not by your cheekbones or your jaw but your temple as well. If you have a big temple and you decide to cut evrything down you'll look like a triangle and the balance would be lost. But he goes from your temple down to your cheekbone and balances out your jaw giving you a natural shaped pretty face.

so I went with this doctor!
He is one of the more expensive doctors in korea for FC but he again doesn't try to price you higher then local pricing. His local pricing is everywhere too he doesn't try to hide his pricing like other doctors do.
They gave me a good discount and gave me a slight discount for private picture before and after submissions (the ones that the doctors will only show during consultations but not publically)

ACTUAL SURGERY UPDATES

DES UPDATE:
Day 5-

guys i could not have made a better decision
I went to glovi and had dr Park
I did FOURTH (your hearing his right) des revision, FOURTH ptosis correction, and upper epi (tihis is different from your usual epicanthropy)

My last three surgeries... Man. What a rollercoaster. I have the hardest eyes in the world... THere's someting about my eye anatomy that unless you really know what you were doing even if yoou're a really skilled doctor it was just really hard. my upper front part of my right eye would NEVER open. No matter how much other doctors tried. I had one korean doctor just refuse to see me because he said there was nothing he could do for me. I went to an american doctor he saw me for ten minutes said there's nothing he can do.

I went to glovi, met dr park and he basically pointed out everything that i felt was wrong with my eyes correctly and told me it's possible to fix it. He looked at everything about my eyes, and first doctor that wrote a ton on a paper of notes during the consultation, He also really looked at the scarring, he checked that i had no room for outer epicanthropy which the other doctor was going to do and he said if i had gone forth with it it would have led to complications. He didn't suggest anything more that i didn't need, but i had a lot of selfishness and wanted upper epi as well haha so he said he would do it.

During the surgery i had no pain. I was really relaxed when i went in (the other three surgeries they put a needle into my eyes in order to get the sedation but honestly that was really painful, thiis doctor not sure what he did but i was just relaxed and i didn't feel any anaesthesia injection and it was just a really pleasant experience) surgery took two hours.

He played like grown up relaxing kpop (?) haha while doing my eyes and it honestly relaxed me A LOT. This was also the first doctor that actually had my old photo up big big big on the white board. He not only was looking at my eyes that he was operating on but constantly going back to my old photo to make sure that there is an actual difference and to check where exactly the ptosis correction was going to be at.
I also appreciated that he decided to tackle the hardest part first, the ptosis on my right eye before he started on everything else. And he honestly did not stop or give up until he felt it was good. He made me close and open my eyes several times went back and forth to make sure both eyes were even several times. It really felt like he was focused on making it perfect and did not want to rush anything one bit.

Surgery became finished and I got put into the recovery room where i could recover from my sedation. They did a lazer treatment for me and then dispatched me!

and holy ****.... guys i've had 4 ...4!!!!!!!!!!!!! Revision surgeries. the more you get the harder it gets, and more risks of complications.
But i had the most smoothest recovery so far from this.
Hardly an bruising, Hardly ANY swelling, I felt like my 1st day post op was equivalent to my past 5 day post op, the stitching was the neatest i've ever experienced. I had absolutely NO PAIN (this is the first time i've had no pain after doubleeyelid surgery).
They also give you an ice pack but they literally tell you you don't really need to do it because you don't get that much swelling lol... And lo behold. First time ever i didn't even have to ice because i had so little swelling/
I was pretty much good enough to go walk around with sunglasses and do whatever because i was feeling very very normal.
And right now the lines are SUPER even, they've never been this even my entire life. my left eye sags more always so that's something all the other surgeons couldn't fix or figure out that it did that but this surgeon figured it out and lines are SUPER even so far and i see no skin sagging which i was able to see around 5 day post op with the other surgeons.

I researched so much for my eye surgery as it will be my fourth and i had 20 plastic surgery places in my notes just for my eyes to consult with. I obviously didn't consult that much lol tbh i only consulted with three because i wanted to just go to the doctors that specialized in revision and was famous mostly for ptosis correction.

I'm so happy i chose this doctor. I went through so much trouble because of my eyes... and now i feel like it's finally overrrrr.

FACIAL CONTOUR.
Whew that des one took a while.

It's brutal. LOL FC is not an easy procedure.
I was very relaxed going in. Dr Park checked on me thoroughly before going into surgery as well as i got my full health screening at gyalum.
They gave me sedation before the operating room and...
so basically they gave me a relaxing sedation right? and then i thought in my head hmm when am i going to get surgery and i open my eyes and.... I was all done. It was the STRANGEST THING. I dont even remember going into the operating room.
You get to be in the hospital for one day and they dont have the blood drain tube thing. they dont' do it here so that was nice.
the nurses are super attentive. to literaly everything. They were super nice. The consultant came in as well to check on me. The doctor came in as well to check on me make sure i was okay. touched my face, did an examination and that surgery went well.
They gave me ice cream on the first day to eat which was really nice and yummy.
The only thing is because i performed eyelid surgery literally the day before i was suffering A LOT from dry eyes on my left. It was so painful.
The doctor came in and gave sedatives for my left eye but when that ran out and i still was in pain he stayed late and took me to the optometrist downstairs with the nurses to get my left eye treated and they paid for the whole thing and including paying for my medicines. And although i had gotten my eye surgery from another clinic Dr Park still treated my eye surgery and made sure to constantly disinfect it and put ointment on it.

He went through another full examination before he left.
I believe he only performs on two patients per day to make sure that he has thorough time for all of his patients.
I really appreciated his after care.

Pain - I didn't have too much pain.
except for my throat and all the mucus that you have to deal with . I absolutely hated that tbh.
The general discomfort was pretty ughhhhhhhhhhhh
i'm the type of girl that gets uncomfortable in jeans and leggings and if i could jsut wear sweatpants all day.. I would totally opt for that.
So having bandages around my face was AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. But honestly i'm a whimp HAHA so as for pain i didn't have any. just the tiht discomfort.
Okay i will write more about my FC experience after resting my fingers a bit !

@touni27 looks like you got local Korean prices for revision des. I wish I could speak fluent Korean but am still studying to get better discounts! Lol. How much was your FC? Could you post b&a photos with any identifying features blurred perhaps? I am glad you got more details on skin sagging after zygoma reduction as I was contemplating needing the 45 degree part reduced but had no idea it causes worsening of the nasolabial folds! Thanks for this. Well done on what sounds like successful research and operations in Korea.

Hi Miss Orange!!
Yes for sure i would be posting photos!!! I 'll post them by tomorow! Just got tired of writing so much cuz i had so much to say hahaha.

So gylaumhan local price is
450 (cheekbone)
450 Jaw
450 chin
fat graft and fat injection i think... is...................... 200 or 150 i dont remember.

They are more known to be more expensive

I paid 11000 total for the whole thing, they gave me private consultation before and after discount of 200
so it came around to be $9800? ish according to my bank statement.

You can get less then this though at other clinics. Gylaumhan is known to be expensive. They are more thorough though and give you more care

Some places like Iwell quoted me 500 total but i dont think it's worth going there.

Hi Touni,thank you for a very detailed review.May I ask what is the name of the clinic that you went for your mole removal?thanks

Thank you for such a detailed update! Gyalumhan seem to take care of their patients very well~ You are so lucky! This will be super helpful to me so I know what i should look for. From your good experience with Madeyoung, I am now even more eager to go consult with them. They quoted me a fair price compared to DA but I hope that the prices remain the same after discovering i'm foreigner. The fact that you said they offer same price to locals made me feel better since DA has diff prices for foreigners than locals (they changed the price on me after I told them i'm not korean). I know it's unfair and well, clinics are known to do that... seems like i don't really have a choice if i like their results a lot. Perhaps by the time i attend the in person consultation, I will have a clearer idea of which clinic I want. Can't wait to see more updates! Wishing you speedy recovery!

What the helllll that is SO cheap wtf