BeautyHacker

FUTvsFUE/ hair transplant in Seoul FORHAIR, MOJELIM, DANA

Hair transplant for hairline correction

Hello all
I’m a Kculture loving girl and like others, I couldn't resist falling in love with kbeauty treatments (surgeries or non-surgical). I personally think through a proper researching and guide, Seoul can be a heaven to people who seek beauty and treat their insecurities…

Anyway, right now I’m into hair transplant. I’m a girl and NOT bald and have ZERO thinning. It is my original hairline where I can use some correction and bit of lowering (approximately 0.5 cm) I didn’t have much thought about it before then I happened to watch a video, a blogger who had hair transplant in Korea and was very impressed by the result. It is not a popular surgery and here is some info that I found so far regarding the surgery.

First, there are 2 types surgery. FUT is a traditional surgery, taking out a strip of scalp on the back and implanting hairs from the strip on area where you want. This is still commonly used method in the world. The cost is pretty affordable which is good but a scar comes together and high rate of sides effects when your scalp is tight. The recovery time is similar to face lift (only the incision is on the back) So much things I read about FUT but after looking into the method, I figured that this is not a right method for female hairline correction nor male hair transplant with low degree hair loss.

The other method, FUE has been out for long time and seems like they’re finally getting popular and known to public. My thought on this is…maybe people looking for a hair transplant are not old bald men anymore but younger people, men and women, who care their appearance and don’t need many hairs to implant. This is only my opinion so it can’t be wrong. The main advantage of FUE is that it doesn’t make an incision. Each hair, one by one, gets collected from the back of head and implanted in. Things I like about this is, of course the no scar thing. If I’m a bald men and needs like 10000 hairs, I rather go for taking out a strip but through several online consults, I heard that about 3000 hairs/1100 grafts are needed. This is really small number and I don’t think I need to risk the incision and damage to my scalp. It is less invasive than double-eyelid surgery and few clinics confirmed that I can fly out 1-2 days after the surgery and no stitches or dressing needed at all. Washing hair is possible from day 1. This one sounds a perfect method but when it’s done under not skilled surgeons, the survival rate is very low. I read many threads about failed FUE in turkey(HT is so cheap in Turkey) Surgeon and technicians must be skilled to handle this technique otherwise there will be no growth after the surgery…wasting of money, time and hairs... If you’re not sure whether they’re experienced or not…. just take FUT. It has less failure rate. But if it’s done by skilled doc, the result appears to be heaven.

These are the names of the clinic that I have contacted them,
Mojelim, INewHair, JP, Dana, Forhair, Dr.Moh

I did digging and quick consults and will write more later…. I didn’t know that the first thread is going to this long…

• 1 month later...
You made me create an account. Where is the following thread? Have you done the surgery yet? My plan was doing it in March but I had to postpone the visit obviously due to the coronavirus. So more time for me research and your experience would be so helpful. Thanks.

I took the surgery at forhair and now recovering. I will write my experience in few weeks or this weekend if I get some time!

Same here....I don't wear a high ponytail because if I do so, you can see 2 triangles on both sides with few baby hairs lol. And I often cover it with special hair shadow cushion. It looks so terrible TT I think I got it from my father :lol: Because of that my forehead appears bigger, even if it's not huge.

Did you lower your hairline also? I mean do you think it is more effective than forehead reduction? I know that hair transplant is, of course less invasive but I'm not sure how much reduction, it can bring. Any opinion on that?

glad to hear I'm not alone ^^ it makes my forehead looks big too

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...