BeautyHacker

EPICANTHOPLASTY REVERSAL/REVISION - My experience

I was supposed to post my experience a while ago but I was so busy and eventually I forgot about it. I decided to share my experience because I remember how depressed and desperate I was for any information when I was in need of help. I hope this helps someone out there!

I had my primary double eyelid surgery with epicanthoplasty in the United States. I would definitely say it was a botched job, even though I went to one of the best plastic surgeons in the states. My eyelids came out uneven but the worst part was the epicanthoplasty results. They were cut way too deep and they were uneven. On top of that, I was left with really deep scars. I was extremely sad and depressed for so long and regretted my decision to get the surgery. I remember e-mailing so many plastic surgeons and clinics in Korea about my situation. To my dismay, most of the plastic surgeons said they did NOT perform epicanthoplasty reversal or revision. I was SO depressed and I lost ALL hope. Then I found one clinic who did them but he gave me an estimate of $10,000 USD. That was impossible for me. As desperate as I was to have this problem fixed as soon as possible, I was SO afraid of making another mistake that I just waited year after year until I found a doctor or anyone on the internet who was going through the same thing I was.

Fortunately, I found someone on the internet who went through the exact same thing and already did her revision surgery on her inner corners!!! I was SO happy because she was extremely helpful. After YEARS of research, I narrowed my consultations down to 2 doctors/clinics.

SHINSEUNG - Dr. Shin
His administrative/secretarial staff was SO NICE & KIND! I felt extremely comfortable because I had such high anxiety going to my appointment. The consultation was about 30 mins. Dr. Shin told me that he would make my eyes very pretty and not to worry. That's it. He also stated that I needed botox on my forehead because it's best not to move my eyebrows/forehead for 3 months post operation. He also told me that he doesn't believe all the measurements were important because he believes in just producing beautiful eyes. The consultant then took me to a room and showed me before/after photos and told me the price.

EVE - Dr. Chung
His administrative/secretarial staff was nice also and very pretty/cute. Dr. Chung is much more quiet and calm. I really found my consultation with him EXTREMELY helpful because he was all into measurements. I knew he was the right doctor for me because that is exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a certain distance and I really needed one corner to be closed up more than the other, etc. He measured everything and was very detail oriented. No botox necessary. I chose Dr. Chung for my revision :smile:

It's so interesting because BEFORE the consultations, I was pretty sure I was going to choose Dr. Shin because of the good reviews I found online. But what I learned is that you have to choose the right doctor for YOU. It's important that you and the surgeon share the same vision. Another thing I learned is that you should NOT EXPECT PERFECT results.

I honestly thought that I would be stuck with my eyes forever and that there was no way of getting my old corners back. I really don't know how Dr. Chung did it but I'm forever grateful and appreciative.

Now there are plenty of doctors and clinics that do epicanthoplasty revision (MUCH more than when I was initially doing my research) so meet the doctors and go with your heart!!! :heart::smile:

I plan to go back to Korea to fix my double eyelids.
(I did not do it with my epicanthoplasty revision because I wanted to solely focus on fixing my inner corners first.)

[​IMG]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I deleted it because I realized I did not want them in the public. If you message me, I can show you :smile:

And these clinics offer pretty much everything - not just eye surgery :smile:

Well, if it would be easy for you, please pm me the photo :smile:

I might need to do lateral cantho, not sure though, have you seen any results from these doctors?

Hello everyone~
I'm from Hong Kong and I just had an epic and a ptosis correction with double eyelid surgery in Grand.
However, I'm not satisfied with the result. Although my eyes don't look very different from before and are becoming more natural now.
However, for my epi, I think Dr. Hui has made the distance between my epi a bit close now, and the shapes look more cunny, and just don't fit me at all!
And with this weird epi, I find that my appearance looks 3~5 years older now, and has lost the cutieness. (I think I looked quite cute and younger than my age before)
I would like to go for an epi with double eyelid revision surgery half year later.
May anyone recommend some experienced and reputated surgeons to me regarding such areas?
As I'm very anxious about this....I'm afraid I will go to the wrong doctor again>___<
Many thanks!

Hello Talkfashiontome,
Can I have a look at your before & after pics?
As well, may I have the price which both doctors quoted for u?
Since I cant pm you at the moment (perhaps I'm a newbie here), could you message me for these?
Will be very grateful !~! Many thanks~!!!!!!!:smile:

Hello~
I just replied your post regarding your epi revision experience~
I had a poor epi with ptosis and double eyelid surgery at Grand last month too~
May I look at your before & after pics?
As well, may I have the prices that Dr. Shin and Chung quoted for you?
Many thanks~!!!!!!!:biggrin: And hope you look much better and pretty again~

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, I am considering epicanthoplasty revision with Dr. Chung too. :smile: Would you mind sharing your pre- and post-op pictures with me via PM? Also, the price that Dr. Chung quoted you. Many thanks! :smile:

P.S. I tried PM-ing you but I wasn't able to because of the posting requirements. :sad:

• 3 weeks later...
Hey! I'm so glad to found this post! :'( Ive had surgery in China ( epicanthoplasty and blepharoplasty ) 2 weeks ago and I hated the results from the first time i looked in the mirror. The swelling almost completely went down so now i can say that it isn't the swelling which makes me look weird. Although the clinic I've chosen is very good and professional, i still regret undergoing the epicanthoplastry. My eyes look so weird and doesn't suit my face at all! They look way too long, my friends even said that i don't look Chinese anymore, more like a mixed-blood ( Russian and Chinese )... Can you also send me the pre and post OP pics? Thank you in advance!

Hi!
Those are the two doctors I'm thinking of too. Going to Korea is a big commitment since I'm living the US so I really do want to do this right. Can you send me your pictures and how much you paid? Thanks!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Hey guys, thanks to another thread on epi reversal by Worries and this thread, I was able to discover Dr Chung from Eve Clinic and I'm so so grateful! It's still a little too early to conclude as I just had my revision surgery with him about 2 weeks ago and there is still minor swelling and my previous fold still slightly visible (which Dr said will fade over time), but it's looking fine and the shape is close to what I wanted. Much more natural looking than my previous Non-incisional des as the inner corners of the fold were too high. I'll share my experience in more detail once I'm healed completely(he said about 6 months). Dr Chung actually removed my Non-incisional fixation (w/o removing skin) and lowered and reshaped my crease. He's a really dedicated and kind doc imo and he actually bothered to reply my questions on kakao post op, even requesting for pics of my eyes to check on me. I'm really very grateful to Dr Chung and also purseforum for letting me know about him. Their clinic's website is
http://www.eveplastic.co.kr/
You guys can check out the before and after for epi revision, they look well done. I don't know, but the feeling from my experience with Dr Chung is that he is really skilled and experienced so I just feel that I could trust him haha. I would say just get an online consultation since there's no cost to it, and see what he says about your case. He also handles Eve's kakao account. I think he's the only one who understands English though, that's why he was the one replying my questions instead of a consultant. Though I'm kinda worried that posting this would make him even more busy haha but I totally understand the helplessness of finding a good revision doc and I would like to give back to purseforum and to Dr Chung. Good luck guys!