BeautyHacker

Zygoma vs Quick Zygoma

So,

I know zygoma is a huge huge huge surgery as it requires to shave off your bone or cut it, and there is a long time healing.
I don't know if I'm quite ready yet, but I would like to hear more stories of people who went through it, and see how they are at now.

I do hear that people may have excess fat or muscle that makes them appear big, and sometimes zygoma doesn't do much.
I would like to go to reputable doctors where they specialize in topics like this.

Any recommendations and has anyone gone through quick zygoma?

• 5 months later...
everyone is saying the quick zygoma only addresses the side cheekbones, but after much consulting via kakao with many of these clinics is that, they can also address the 45degree area as well.... so i am now beyond confused,,, when i look at before and after photos of quick zygomas, they seem very dramatic! but how come everyone is saying that the quick version is not dramatic? i dont know who to believe?? and then i am even more confused because there are L cuts and trapezoid cuts,,, oh my god... Can you help me make sense of this all?? Thank you so much

actually quick zygoma is just a marketing name. I actually met the surgeon who (claims) he invented that name and he said its really about adjusting and re-positioning the cheekbones to the new location according to what aesthetic the patient desires and the limitations of their face.

Zygoma isnt a big surgery at all. It takes 2 hours max. That's nothing. If you require less correction it can take 45 mins to an hourish only. I used to think its a big procedure until I had it done myself.

Main thing to consider with zygoma reduction is the ratio of soft tissue and fat : facial dimension. Also the best indicator for a good candidate without having had done the 3d ct scan is if you have protrusion of the cheek bone. Best candidates are those with narrow face but protrusion from the sides and or zygoma arch. If you got a wide facial structure naturally but no protrusion then don't expect a huge change. Every surgery has its limitations and the limitations are dependant on our preexisting structure

hi
hi Kcouture, sorry if you have answered this already, but how do you like your results from the zygoma surgery? and how much sagging did you experience? thanks

• 1 month later...
Hello there,
I have just known about the "Safe/quick zygoma reduction". There are no sagging and screws regarding to this method. But many said it would not change much on the front and the 45-degree of cheeks. Is it true?
I asked dr Park from OZ about this because I knew he used this method too. But he insisted that his method was as effective as the fixed/3D completed zygoma reduction one. So I am very confused now. Can anyone please give me an advice? Thanks so much!
P/s: If this method has so many pros (fast healing, ..) so why does the invasive 3D zygoma reduction still exist?

@chlak5 Hey! I've done Zygoma reduction/cheek reduction. But my case was a bit different in that I only did my right side because it was protruding out a lot more. I wanted my right cheekbone to match my left. My doctor shaved a bit from the 45degree angle and pushed the bone inwards from the side.

My surgery was done 12 days ago and already I'm liking the results. The recovery isn't bad but it was a bit worse than usual because I also elected for buccal fat removal on both sides of the face. But the zygoma itself was a piece of cake for me. Days 1-2 were the toughest because I was feeling the full body soreness from the General Anesthesia. And my face looked like a square hamster. Also, just be sure to not get on a plane within like 5 days after the surgery because the air pressure caused some pain but it went away after I landed. Luckily my flight was just an hour long.

I may be different because apparently I heal like Wolverine ;) 90% of my swelling was gone by day 9. The incision site on the sideburn/hairline is a bit sore/sensitive to touch. That's really about it. Good luck with this surgery! The recovery is relatively fast imo.