BeautyHacker

Premature Aging and Sagging after facial contouring

hi everyone,

For those individuals who are in their 20s and have already done facial contouring ie jaw reduction and zygoma reduction, how are the effects on your skin? What about if you had a chubby face?

I'm an Asian male and want a slimmer more feminine looking face but I'm afraid of potential side effects such as sagging and premature aging

Thanks

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello XiledSoviet
I'm female & average weight/height. Not fat. August 20I6 i had zygoma surgery ,removal of old chin implant, sliding genioplasty , & jaw reduction at TL PLASTIC SURGERY , SEOUL SOUTH KOREA with Dr Choi. On the positive side, the dr did a beautiful job shaving my jaw & sculpting my new chin.. he gave me just as much projection as I had before (with my chin implant) & made it more feminine *because I started off with a large anatomical male size chin implant*

on the negative side .. he did a bad job with redraping the skin around my neck/chin. I was hoping it was swelling but it was sagging. I look 10 years older just because my neck is all creepy looking. I spent all my money for botched plastic surgery that I can't afford to fix.

I would need submentoplasty and additional tightening around my jaw and lower face area which will cost at least 5k to fix. It's depressing.

If you intend to move forward, just be prepared & financially able to fixed it asap... if you don't get the results you hoped for.

Also if you have a healthy social life, know that This will destroy your life for at least 6 months minimum till you know what your final result is going to look like.

Advice... don't do it unless you absolutely hate your face and it's too SQUARE .

The jaw shaving caused sagging. During my consult, Dr Choi said there would only be 20% chance of sagging so maybe I'm one of the RARE 20% . I doubt it. He offers a noninvasive (liposuction) Vline surgery for those with more fat in their face but since I didn't have much fat in my face, he said I wouldn't be a good candidate for this procedure. I didn't go to Korea for jaw shaving surgery! Dr Choi convinced me it would be important since I was having sliding genioplasty to prevent dent-deformities on the side of my newly sculpted chin.

Hello @Xiledsoviet, I had facial contouring (V-line) surgery at DA and I am now 5~6 months post op! I am in my 20s and I do not notice any sagging so far :smile: I didn't have a chubby face before and it may differ in individuals but I am loving my results so far and I hope your surgery goes well as well :smile: Happy researching!! lol

You'll need to follow up with a local doctor to make sure you've healed well without infection or issues and advise you if MMA fighting will be okay.

Yes it's numb & sensitive for the first few months. the feeling in my bottom lip came back around 2-3 months.

Everyone gets temporary nerve damage for at least 2 days you'll be drooling all over yourself ... but it's only temporary. They literally cut the flesh off your jaw inside your mouth and sew you back up ear to ear. You can't eat for a while, else you'll pop your stitches and risk infection & skin deformities

The American Oral/Maxillofacial Doctor who I suckered into taking my stitches out (because no one wanted to touch me coming from another country) mentioned that it is the most stitches he's ever seen for any oral surgery ever

Yes it will be numb for a few months after surgery. You get kinda weird/sharp sensation around the jaws and that means the nerves are coming back. You cannot eat solid food for few weeks, and you need to chop food piece by piece to chew it properly. For the first few weeks, its not gonna be easy tbh. But time passes quickly and you will recover and feel good again in no time. Taking the stitches out hurt!! And you need to gargle your mouth properly to prevent infection.

Ahhhhh! That seems scary. I was interested in facial contouring but I'm nervous about the whole sagging and pain situation. I don't really want to go back to get any revisions done if you know what I mean. Is there any way to completely reduce the chance of sagging? :sad:

Moving forward would you recommend those who only want natural or subtle changes stay in the USA?

I believe the law of gravity means if something is removed the thing above it will drop, no?

Craniofacial surgeon Dr Yaremchuck states: " Reducing the facial skeleton, especially the cheek bones is, in most cases, unwise. It results in an excess of soft tissue which sags. Besides losing definition, it tends to prematurely age "

https://www.realself.com/question/india-dr-wanted-cheekbone-reduction-jaw-reduction-plz-opinion-face

“ Someone with a poorly developed jaw will age much more quickly( often withneck sag) than someone with more regular features.” Dr David Dunaway, craniofacial surgeon.http://www.daviddunaway.co.uk/listing-in-tatler-2015/

" Too much bone removal can cause disastrous result later in your life ." Dr Zain Kadri
https://www.realself.com/question/brighton-tn-type-chin-surgery-needed#24085261

SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO THE FACE WHEN THERE IS BONE LOSS: Sagging and aging due to loss of boney support to hold out the soft tissues and skin.

Changes in the Facial Skeleton With Aging
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3404279/

[​IMG]

BEFORE THE SURGEON TOUCHES YOUR JAW BONE, HE WOULD HAVE TO STRIP AWAY THE PERIOSTEUM (A MEMBRANE THAT COVERS THE OUTER SURFACE OF THE BONE) FIRST. THE PERIOSTEUM / SOFT TISSUES WILL BE DETACHED FROM THE BONE AND MOVE FORWARD TOWARDS THE FRONT OF THE FACE, CONTRIBUTING TO SAGGING OF THE SOFT TISSUES WHICH IS JOWLING AND PREMATURE AGING.(photo below is a xample online photo of what jowling looks like,sagging along the frontal part of jaw line)http://www.simge.edu.sg/simblogseason8/StellaTai/entry/the_things_people_don_t

[​IMG]