BeautyHacker

1 year after DES+Epi @Teuim & Fat Graft @Fresh + advice

Experience with Teuim:
I've had ptosis correction, epi and DES with Dr Kwon last year. I wanted to get even double eyelids but he said it was not possible without epi. I was kind of unwilling to go through epi, but I decided to listen to him. I was charged about 5 mil won and there was absolutely no room for nego.
Dr Kwon is a very straight to the point kind of doctor and my eyes turned out fine. Unfortunately I still have weak muscle on my left eye and I think he pretty much screwed that one small part up(it's just that ONE point on my eye). I went back to him and he was willing to help me redo that part for free.
Unfortunately I am very hesitant to let him touch my eyes again because while the results were ok, the process was A PAIN IN THE AS*. He uses ketamine (a drug) and I had really bad hallucinations and was making strange engine-like noise prior to the surgery. When I woke up(I had to be awake for the surgery), I thought the surgery was over and I asked him, "finished?" He say no, and I CRIED IMMEDIATELY. He calmed me down and the whole process of the surgery was so painful for me. I got injected about 10 times but the effects keep wearing off, so I was in pain.. I am pretty sure I am one of his rare cases because after the surgery, he said "very difficult" and that I was his most difficult patient. LOL
I think it's just me but I am sooo unwilling to go through the same process again.

Experience with Fresh:
I had X2 fat graft at fresh and I find them pretty good. I was knocked out before I knew it and overall I would recommend them for fat graft. I especially like the fact that they have standard pricing so you know you are NOT ripped off or anything. Unfortunately for me though, I didn't really liked the full face look on me (you know, the typical Korean look), and I REALLY hated the fat graft on my cheeks. I went to a dermatologist clinic to get some fat melting injections on my cheeks, and now my cheeks are fine. BUT it somehow spilled over to the area under my cheeks, beside my mouth and now i have this very sunken look and I hate it.

Now the thing is, I am hoping to find a clinic that can fix my eyes and do fat graft at the same time. I know exactly which clinics are good for fat graft and which are good for eyes, but I am really hoping to do both at the same time because I hate going through surgery twice (and they are both sooo minor).

CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE REGARDING THIS?
ANY GOOD CLINICS THAT DO BOTH EYES AND FAT GRAFT WELL WITHOUT OVERCHARGING FOREIGNERS?

Last but not least, I do notice that the clinics mentioned on purseforum are pretty much the same few clinics, while they ARE pretty good clinics, there are TONSSS of clinics that I've heard from Koreans, that aren't even mentioned in the whole forum.
IN FACT, I cannot even find them on Google!

Here are the clinics I would recommend you check out for eyes:

EYES
Teuim (there are def some bad reviews, but EVERY clinic has bad reviews)
JW (many locals there when I visited, i have friends who did their eyes there, look for Dr Choi)
Jewelry (good for dramatic)
Gio (totally NOT mentioned in this forum, but i've heard from Korean friends and seen real life pictures, good for Epi Reversal & Revision)
Item (Dr Chung is good BUT they overcharge foreigners)
Kiwi (can't even find on Google, but korean friend recommended)

OMG there are soooo many more but these are the ones at the top of my head. I REALLY hope MORE people recommend and share about clinics that are popular among locals and not just foreigners!

I will update my list for other parts next time, but right now I am getting really anxious because I am going to Korea in 2 weeks and I have yet to book any consultations!

Guys please recommend a good clinic that does EYES AND FAT GRAFT WELL + DON'T OVERCHARGE FOREIGNERS?

Thanks for the review michelleee

My husband and I are going to SK in March for Revision DES. Still researching for PS: Currently (thanks to you as well) our list now includes:

IOU -
Eye Magic -
Wonjin -
Bio -
Teuim (Dr Kwon) -
Teuim
Eve -
MVP -
JW
Jewelry (good for dramatic)
Gio
Kiwi

Now just need to figure out how to narrow the list down a little. We only have 2 weeks in SK; and would like to get plenty of time to consult, schedule surgery (if needed and comfortable), and heal a little bit before leaving. Wish there are some other sites to look up reviews. Did everyone make appointments for consults prior to landing in SK?

Do you have quote for DES revision from JW ? They quote me for 9.2 mil krw. It is way higher than other clinics

Hello Michelleee, i recently got my eyes done in SK too.

Despite having LA, i did felt pain and was injected aboutt 6 times during the whole operation.
My operation was about 4 hours++

I have checked with several mates that this shouldnt have happened as the nurses should have been attentive to the dosage used and there shouldnt be any pain.

I'm only 2 months post ops and still slightly swollen so i cant say for certain that i am pleased with my results.
However my colleagues who knew that i had DES done actually commented that my eyes are better looking now.

I hope u are able to find a good clinic that can cater to your needs. =)

• 1 year later...
Hi!
What n where did u do eventually?
Im going back to Teuim for free revision cause 1 side of my eyelid thread got loose, n i want to do fat graft just for my eyebag. Not sure how good he is at that.. :/

Thanks!

Hi guys I just came back to say

DON’T GO FOR TEIUM. PLEASE DON’T

After getting a re-revision from him and going through so much pain/torture/recovery, my eyes looked worse than before. One of my eye is so sleepy that EVERYONE who saw me (who are not usually supportive of PS) tell me I NEED to get another revision done. My eyes look extremely unbalanced I’m so effing upset and hopeless now.

Oh dear, im so sorry to hear that! That's terrible. Do u mind if you show how your eyes are like now and before the re-revision?

Did u get another fat graft after fresh too?

Hi @michelleee, I am so sorry to hear you went back to Teium and now have ptosis/sleepy eye. Teium was on my blacklist after meeting a young Chinese patient with ptosis in one eye after her eye op with Dr Kwon at Teium in 2016. He may have been good in the past as he had books of his eye patients in his reception on his coffee table but I feel he may be too old now. I know how scared you must have felt wondering whether you could trust him again to do your revision and then to get a botched result must be devastating. You looked beautiful when I met you in SK with your bf.

Try my eyelid surgeon Dr Seo at mvp who did my revision and that of a Brit Chinese man who got botched lids fixed by Dr Seo. Mvp only charged me 3 million won in 2016 in low season for revision des, ptosis correction and lid fat graft and charged my friend 3.5 million won for the same in peak season in 2019. I am now going out with no eye makeup as he did my eyes so well, I have stopped putting eye shadow on my lids and 3 weeks ago my lipo anaesthetist complimented me by saying I had pretty eyes (no makeup) so you too can get back beautiful eyes! When SK clinics charge 5-9 million won for eyelid surgery, that is a major red flag in my opinion.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Do u know if Dr Seo is good at fat graft for removing eyebags/ dark eye circles?

When is non peak and peak?
3million won is for 1 or 2 eyes? I only need revision in 1 eye, the other is perfect.

I was planning to go back to teuim for my revision but seems like there's a lot of negative reviews :sad:

Hi @zhenzz I paid 3 million for both eyes in low season 2016. Low season is March-May and Sept-Nov, basically during term times. High season is during high school and uni holidays. Dr Seo is the best for eyelid fat graft in my opinion. You can kakao Mvp and ask questions directly as I do not work for them so cannot answer about what Dr Seo does or does not do. I can only advise on what he did for me personally.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Miss orange,

Thanks for your share, do you mind to talk on Kakao as I need to revise my eyes in 2 months’ time and would like to know more.

I will send you my Kakao Id in private message thanks!

Hi @Susaki, you can see and read about my revisional eyelid surgery in my thread on how to go from 50s to 20s. The contact details for my surgeon are on the clinic’s website www.mvpps.com. I can’t even keep up with my uncle’s kakao messages so am not accepting any more kakao invites for now. If you are old like me, then you can see how your eyes may turn out.