BeautyHacker

My Experience n Review on View Plastic Surgery Clinic - Revision Rhinoplasty & Double Eyelid Surgery

This is going to be another long reading. Apologies for the wordiness. Enjoy if you're the type who likes detailed reviews.

I'm going to share my surgical experience at View Clinic for Rhinoplasty revision n double eyelid surgery. Saw quite a number of people asking about View clinic, but not many reviewed on these 2 procedures, I tot I could share my experience since I had the procedures done with them and currently one month post ops.

Before deciding to have both surgery done at View Clinic, I also had face to face consultation with a few other clinics (GNG Dr Seong, 101PS Dr Chu and The Plus clinic Dr Jeong for rhinoplasty, MVP for eyes).

Procedures done:
Revision Rhinoplasty by Dr Lee Dong Chan - Change of existing silicone implant, osteotomy and ear cartilage for correction of deviated collumela n collapse left nostril.
Revision DES by Dr Lee Suk Hyun - Increase height n visibility of crease.

Consultation:
The consultation at View took 2 to 3hrs including the waiting time of at least an hr. Before seeing the doctors, I was asked to take X-ray n scan. Actual consultation took around 15mins with each doctor. I got to see Dr Lee Suk Hyun for my eyes revision first. After hearing from me on what I would like to achieve, Dr Lee examined my eyes n shared with me on what he can do. Most importantly he highlighted the limitations due to the structure of my eyes which I greatly appreciated as it allowed me to re-adjust my expectation to make a better decision.
Next I moved on to see Dr Lee Dong Chan for my nose. After looking at my X-ray n scan, Dr Lee explained to me the problem of my existing nose n gave his recommendation to improve it. The points which he highlighted to me coincide with what I wanted to correct as well. This ascertained that Dr Lee and me are on the same frequency. Both Dr Lee speaks minimum English and Korea at times, but there was an English translator around to help further translate some of the contents that I did not manage to catch.

After getting a quotation on the procedures, I left the clinic. I thought through the night on all the consultations I been to and finally decided to proceed my surgery with View clinic. TBH, I've heard n read many reviews on View for face contouring however not so much on the 2 procedures that I was going for. What let me decided to go with them is purely based on the feel after face to face consultation with the doctors. Their detailed explanation gave me good impression and both doctors were confident to produce something that is closest to what I want to achieve, and within my affordable price range. At the same time their available surgery schedule coincide with my time n I was able to get both surgeries done together in the same clinic.

So I make an appointment to visit the clinic next day to put deposit n confirm the surgical slot. Before I make payment, I actually requested a 2nd consultation with Dr Lee Dong Chan for more queries on the rhino revision. Dr Lee was very patient to go through what he has explained again with more details. This put me at further ease of mind to reconfirm my decision. So my surgery was set. I had blood test, ECG and all checks done on the spot 2 days prior to my surgery on Mon 12pm.

To be continued...

SURGERY DAY
Since I've gone through several surgeries prior to this round, I followed the standard Dos and Don'ts. Before the surgery, I get to see both Dr Lee to confirm again on the surgical plan for my procedures, the limitations as well as my expectations. The assurance from the doctors does calmed me down as I was feeling quite nervous as usual.
I was brought to the ward to get change n keep my belonging in the locker before proceeding to the operating theatre. My eyes surgery went first followed by the nose. Dr Lee Suk Hyun was already in the OT waiting for me when I arrived. He asked me to sit close to him as he did the drawing n designing on my eyes. After which I was asked to lie down on the surgical bed while they insert the IV n soon I was sedated. Shortly after I heard someone calling my name. It was Dr Lee. I was asked to open n close my eyes quite a number of times. Although I know the operation was still going on, I did not really feel any pain as I was still semi-conscious, until Dr Lee told me surgery is done.
After Dr Lee left, the nurses started to prepare me for the nose surgery. Since I was going to have osteotomy, I was put on GA for the nose surgery. If I remembered correctly it was around 6 plus in the evening when I woke up from the surgery. I don't recall how I ended up in the ward but I was resting there until the translator came in. She handed me the post-ops care bag with ice pack, gauze, face mask, pumpkin juice n prescription to purchase medication from the pharmacy. I was asked to come back to the clinic 3 days later for wound cleaning. Was actually quite upset on this arrangement as from my past surgical experiences in other clinics, they would request patient to return the next day to check on the dressing n wound, and even to see the doctor after the ops. I requested to come back to the clinic the next day, at least to remove the packing in my nose so that I do not have to breathe through the mouth for the entire 3 days, but my request was rejected. =( After sufficient rest, I was ready to leave the clinic at around 8 plus. Just nice the translator came to inform me that they will be closing soon. Probably becos I've friends who came to fetch me, the clinic did not arrange any transportation to send me back to my Airbnb.

DAY 1 POST OPS
Feeling really uncomfortable with the packing in my nose n having to breathe through the mouth the entire night makes my throat hurt so much. My mood was quite affected by it and I stayed in to rest in the room. Until evening I decided to try my luck and dropped by the clinic to see if I can have the packing removed. I waited at least 30mins in the lobby before someone came to attend to me. The translator told me that I couldn't remove the packing yet as it served as a support for the nose, thus should not be in a rush to have it removed. I was told to leave the packing for one more day n to come back the next day. So I left in disappointment having to endure one more day of mouth breathing with my painful throat. But the translator who attended to me did assist me to the pharmacy to purchase some medication for my throat.

DAY 2 POST OPS
Swelling started to peak this day n as instructed, I went back to the clinic to try my luck again to see if I could get the nose packing out. Fortunately it happened this time n I was able to have it removed. I finally get to breathe through the nose and that was real heaven to me. The nurse also helped to do some wound cleaning n strangely after that I felt so refreshed n lively and was able to go around again.

DAY 3 POST OPS
The original appointment this day was cancelled as I already did the wound cleaning. Swelling was the worst. So much so that my nose seems to be overly upturned and this got me worried. So I requested to see Dr Lee to ask about the my surgery since I've not met any of the doctors after surgery. Although a long wait, I finally got to see Dr Lee. Before I even raised my concern, Dr Lee somehow read my mind n volunteered the the information on how my surgery went and what he had done. He shared that the ops went well and the only difficulty was removing the capsule from previous silicon implant as mine was a revision case. I asked about the upturned of my nose tip and Dr Lee reassured me that it was due to swelling as nothing was done to the tip. I really appreciated Dr Lee's patience n detailed explanation.

DAY 7 POST OPS:
I finally got the splint n stitches out for my nose n eyes this day. Only left with stitches on my ear where cartilage was harvested n the dissolvable stitches inside the nose. I was told I could only get those stitches out on Day 14. After the splint was removed, I was provided a facial n deswelling treatment together. This day I did not get to see the Drs though and was told I'll get to see them again during my last appointment on Day 14 before I go back home.

DAY 14 POST OPS:
This was the last visit to the clinic after which I'll return home next day. Had all stitches on the ear n inside the nose removed out. I met Dr Lee for my eyes right after the stitch out. He checked on my eyes n said that everything was good, the crease will be more natural after swelling goes down. After that I went to see Dr Lee for my nose. Prior to that, I was asked to take photos n X-ray of my post ops. Dr Lee was very cheerful everytime I met him, he looked at my X-ray n checked on my nose. And suddenly he started pressing hard on the implant on my nose. Next thing he began putting adhesive tape n splint onto my nose again. He said that I need to tape the splint back on the nose for at least 3 more days for the shape of the bridge to be nicer. I was kind of shock on that initially but after hearing his explanation, I obeyed. I'm appreciative that it was for my good to have a better result.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE:
View clinic gave me the impression of being a large scale PS clinic with a building of 14 storey but system weren't really that well managed for foreigners. I can see most of the patients are locals n clinic is kind of under staff to serve foreign patients. Whenever I visited the clinic, most of the time I was attended by a different translator. The only translator I seen more frequent was Eric. Another issue was the waiting time. Most of the time I have to wait at least 30mins to an hr before being attended. There was one Sat I visited the clinic n was only told there was no translators n Drs around after waited for 45mins in the lobby.

A little disappointed on the post ops care as well, where there isn't any deswelling treatment given during the first few days after the surgery. It was only provided a week later when the splint was removed. By then the bruises n swelling has gone down much.
Fortunately I actually had few deswelling treatment done when I visited another clinic I had surgery done 6mths ago. Although I did not have any surgery done with them this round, they were so nice to provide me light deswelling treatment when they saw that I just had surgery done.

Also, although my surgery wasn't a major one compared to face contouring, it would have been better to be able to see the doctors next day after the surgery to ensure everything was alright.

Nevertheless, I did not regret my decision of having the surgery done at View. Both Dr Lee were really nice. For the results, I do not wish to give a judgement now as it is still very early and there is still quite a bit of swelling especially on the nose. But as of now, I would say I like the results so far , and definitely see an improvement from pre-ops.

I'll share some of the pics I took at View n the B&A of my nose.

PhotoGrid_1525316441792_resize_20180503_113010.jpgPhotoGrid_1525317089769_resize_20180503_112757.jpgPhotoGrid_1525278293524_resize_20180503_112758.jpgPhotoGrid_1525244626115_resize_20180503_112758.jpgPhotoGrid_1525317439575_resize_20180503_112757.jpg

Thanks for sharing your honest review. I can see your nose is still swollen specially the tip, but, your nose is now straighter from the previous one & also increased in length. Your eyes look beautiful too.

Please keep us updated on your recovery and congrats :smile:

I had my primary Rhinoplasty done 3yrs ago with silicone implant n septal cartilage for the tip. Not L-shaped implant though.

View change the previous implant to a 7mm silicone implant as I wanted a straight bridge.

• 4 months later...
Time flies, it's coming 4.5mths post ops, most of the swelling for my nose are gone. Except for the tip which usually took the longest to deswell, and since the skin at my nose tip is thicker than other area, it lengthens the time required. Still can feel fine numbness at the tip area especially.

For the eyes, the crease looks more natural now, scarring less obvious too. I did not regret risking more scar for the additional 1mm increase in the crease height. And I'm glad the crease still looks good at decent height, not as hooded before the surgery.

Some pics of how they they looked like at cross 3mths post ops.

your result looks so much more natural now!! how long until full recovery they say?

• 3 weeks later...
you changed to 7mm silicone? what size was your previous implant size??

• 3 months later...
Hi , nice to your real pictures and thanks your sharing as well.
I did some my research , one time pop up Hanabi hospital. I looked websit, nothing else only nose... and I looked at their portfolio. it is pretty good ....

• 3 weeks later...
I stayed in Korea for 2.5weeks. I arrived on a Thur n do clinic hoping. Place deposit on Sat for surgery slot on Mon.

2 weeks is advisable to stay in Korea.