BeautyHacker

ZYGOMA reduction sagging w/photos

Who really knows the truth. I think it's a bit of everything. I think surgeons really need to stop being so overly confident and pretend they're skilled when they don't have enough experience. Some people are just not candidate for this type of surgery-- zygoma is just a bad idea bc you need that volume and contour and to frame the eyes. I look like a turtle without my cheekbones.

I'm trying to stay away for implants due to the complications involved.
There is another method using inter positional bone graft from either the hip bone or skull. However, I wonder if taking bone from the hip distorts that area? I don't know but it's worth a try. Such a nightmare...‍♀️

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any surgical procedure has some risk of complications, but just because the risk exists, doesn't mean the complication will happen. Even fat grafting is prone to complications such as lumpiness or asymmetry or being over-filled if done with poor technique.

With a skilled surgeon, a midface lift would be fine - though I think the temple/mouth incision midface lift is less complicated than any midface lift involving the eyelid incision.

This is how my bones look. Zygoma looks flat and hallow near the eye area. I don't know if I should attempt to fracture the bone again and put an interpostional bone graft taken from hip to extend the zygoma back out--or bypass all that and attempt a facelift. I'm still quite young...but I think volume replacement and a lift is needed. The jaw I should've just had Botox done. After looking at my Ct scan I notice my jaw was actually fine but it was the muscle that was giving a square look. Now he just shaved off the definition and made my face too narrow and elongated. I'm so sick of these surgeons suggesting invasive surgery just to cash in.

"This is how my bones look. Zygoma looks flat and hallow near the eye area. I don't know if I should attempt to fracture the bone again and put an interpostional bone graft taken from hip to extend the zygoma back out--or bypass all that and attempt a facelift."
There's other materials like hydroxyapatatite or cadaver bone that surgeons would be able to use to build the bone back out. Over time, your real bone would eat and grow into the material and replace the material. A hip bone graft seems more invasive than necessary and would cause a lot of post-op pain to the area. Additionally, building the bone back out won't restore your original look most likely. Some sort of custom implant would be more effective or necessary in doing so to re-create the exact shape and form. Re-building the bone back out also won't lift the tissues upwards, but stretch them out more laterally. The cheek-to-cheekbone attachments have been altered and lifting them is going to require some sort of resuspension surgery.
"I'm still quite young...but I think volume replacement and a lift is needed."
If you are young, avoid a face lift. You will risk looking pulled back or windswept. Though, I have spoken with a craniofacial-trained plastic surgeon who did say he has performed many midface lifts or 'cheek resuspension' in light terms, in younger patients who experienced sagging after getting cheekbone fractures repaired or cheek implants removed. But not a full blown facelift.

Many surgeons on realself respond to cheek sagging (from removing cheek implants or bone reduction) with suggestions like fillers or fat grafting. I think that's complete ******** to be quite frank. If gravity is the problem, an upwards pull would be the solution - not superficial volume in certain areas to conceal sagging.
"The jaw I should've just had Botox done. After looking at my Ct scan I notice my jaw was actually fine but it was the muscle that was giving a square look. Now he just shaved off the definition and made my face too narrow and elongated."
What's been done is done. In all honestly, and not to sound harsh, but you need to accept it and move on. You can't turn back time and go back to your original state. You can't just live the rest of your life thinking 'what if' and regretting the surgeries. You had the surgeries for a reason and unfortunately, you are still unhappy. You need to find alternative ways to alter your appearance to your liking so that you can move on to living a better life for the future.

If your jaw is not to your liking and lacks definition, you can get custom jaw implants to try to re-create your original jaw structure or to alter your current state to your liking. Though from your previous posts, I assume that implants and the risk of infection are not something you want to live with. If the risk is not something you are willing to take, unfortunately, your jaw structure now is something that you are going to have to live with. A facelift might get rid of loose skin and tissue, but if the shape and structure isn't to your liking now, I doubt you would change your mind after a facelift.

Look into PEEK jaw augmentation. It's available in the UK and Australia for cosmetic augmentation though not in the US. It is considered the gold standard of implants and doesn't seem to have a long-term history of infection. But of course, that doesn't mean there is absolutely no risk of infection. A foreign material, even if biocompatible, will always have some sort of infection in my opinion, even if it is very very low.​

"I'm so sick of these surgeons suggesting invasive surgery just to cash in."
Invasive surgeries will need invasive procedures to fix them in the long-run.​

• Like 1

Thank you for that. Ive been researching for 2 years on diff types of method-- I know realistically I need bones structural support. A lift will prob just elongate and flatten my face further so volume replacement is imperative.

I hear Hydroxyapatite is also a foreign material that can also cause infection--also more difficult to mold. I don't know if peek implants would be any better then custom silicone implants--peek is a harder material that might make it more difficult to talk or smile.

I have narrow down to 2 surgeons; one in the US and another in London. If you can recommend another surgeon who can tackle on this challenge--I would appreciate it. I'm just concern if the newly altered cheekbones will respond well the custom implants.

If only you can see me in person. I look like a horse face turtle.

Update

I sent my Ct scan do a reconstruction surgeon and was told i would need a bicoronal incisions cross my head and both lower blepharoplasty approach and oral approach. That way the cheekbones can be exposed and rebuild with bone graft.

This sounds so invasive and risky.I don't even know how to wrap my head around this.

That's not true with all thread lifts "will be like a steel wire cutting..." Sounds like you are talking about thread lifts from last century! There are so many different types now and they are certainly not all made of wire, some dissolved and encourages collagen growth etc. Please do your research, check up what's available in the UK, Europe, Korea and US.

I have to fix my bone structure first before I can do anything with soft tissue. Meaning, the doctors need to make an incision across my head, pull my face down in order to get a clear view of my zygoma then use bone graft either from a piece of my skull or hip bone.

I don't know if going through all this will improve my upper face. So it'll be nice to hear from someone who went through it.

Hi Madambutterfly89, I feel for you. Most of the time, we are our own worst critic. Hang in there.

Anyhow, I thought I saw those bicoronal before and I found that review
for View regarding "Facelift by zygoma relocation via a bicoronal incision". Is that what you are referring to?